• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Mickey Hart Band MLPS MN 12/15/11

#99249 2 years, 7 months ago
I've been checking off and on for the last two hours or more, and never heard anything.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Chester
More or less in line

#99281 2 years, 7 months ago
Thank you ecojaded, and Partpat for your efforts. At this point, were presuming there was no cell service.
I hope you guys enjoyed the show. That's the most important part.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#99369 2 years, 7 months ago
Sorry sorry to all. Had mutiple problems last night. after set break I left my phone in my jacket. This place was tiny and being MN everyone just piled their coats aroung a rack and it turned into a heap. I frantically was looking for my jacket before start of the second set (which i was going to stream) but didn't find it until a couple songs into the set.

Found my phone and said decided not to even try. Not sure what happened with the 1st set stream. I never did connect with Part Pat last night.

All in all it was a great show, can't explain to you how small this local venue is so I will take some words from their site :

the Cedar occupies the space of a 1948 movie theater which is a basic rectangle box. The initial building rehab took out the sloped floor (replacing it with a sprung wood floor, optimal for dancing), and, most significantly, moved the stage from the far end of the building (on one of the small sides of the rectangle) to the "side wall" (on one of the long sides of the rectangle). This orientation puts the audience in a wide but shallow semi-circle in front of the stage. While this can create some challenges for the sound engineers, it does wonders for sight lines; virtually nobody has a view more than about 30 feet from the stage. And it creates the sense of intimacy which belies the size of the venue. What's surprising to me is how rare it is to find this configuration in music venues considering the advantages it presents.

With that being said Mickey seemed to be having a great time > Dave Schools was in fine shape > rest of the band mates were tight.

Would recommend anyone to go and see his project if you get the chance. This should tide me over until the Phil shows in Feb. Have a serious itch to drive down to CHI now for saterdays show.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#99425 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks for the effort Ecojaded! I really hope you enjoyed the show! If you decide to make the trip to Chicago please be safe.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#99469 2 years, 7 months ago
I will second that notion....The place is tiny also my first time there. Had some technical difficulties as well. One being there was no were really to rest my phone and using one hand to hold a ice cold surly, and the other being that I was late blah blah. Ended up leaving a few songs into the second set due to baby sitter realted issues.

The show itself was fun. They were allot of fun and embodied there own sound and style.

Def worth checking out.

Ecojaded sorry we didnt catch up, next time your in saint paul for beers give a shout or well get up before the next local or show we are both at.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by PartPat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, FurthurFlower67, deadontherivet
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#99612 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks for the effort, glad u enjoyed it. If it wasn't the weekend b4 Christmas I'd probably make the trip up to Chicago.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds