• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

Re: John K Band 12/10/11 Falls Church, VA

#99706 2 years, 8 months ago
I know the Fool in the Rain cover was his suggestion and i'm pretty sure Any Road was his as well...when he plays it in his solo band it sounds a lot like touch at first or at least it did when i saw it the first time around...how were the Birdsong and Harder They Come? i like how its mainly his own tunes and then he'll throw in a few JGB covers or GD songs
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
The following user(s) said Thank You: kmhpsu
kmhpsu
Junior Boarder

#99850 2 years, 8 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
I know the Fool in the Rain cover was his suggestion and i'm pretty sure Any Road was his as well...when he plays it in his solo band it sounds a lot like touch at first or at least it did when i saw it the first time around...how were the Birdsong and Harder They Come? i like how its mainly his own tunes and then he'll throw in a few JGB covers or GD songs

Oooh thanks, I didn't know about Fool in the Rain.

I thought Any Road sounded like Touch of Grey too. Even after the first time it would still trick me. But I never expect him to play GD songs (in fact it surprises me when they do) so it's a treat when it happens. Last time at State they did Any Road > FOTM > Any Road, that was killer!

Birdsong was really good, there was a jam in the middle of it that sounded like it was going somewhere else but never quite got there, and they finished out Birdsong.. if they practice it more I think it could be much better than good. Harder They Come is a tune they do very well and this time was no exception, always full of energy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: doin_that_rag
gd4me2day
Fresh Boarder

#99853 2 years, 8 months ago
Please, please, does anyone have a download for these shows? I need them!!!!!!!!!!!
kmhpsu
Junior Boarder

#99857 2 years, 8 months ago
www.archive.org/details/JohnKadlecik

The latest show not up on archive But you can't go wrong with any of them
The following user(s) said Thank You: gd4me2day, Helen A Bucket
gd4me2day
Fresh Boarder

#99862 2 years, 8 months ago
I have them all, but I need that one, DAMN IT! Freaking. Also, the Rex benefit. That was one of the best shows i've EVER seen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kmhpsu
kmhpsu
Junior Boarder

#99869 2 years, 8 months ago
I haven't checked it out yet... I'll have to watch the youtube vids. I had forgotten about it, thanks!
Helen A Bucket
Junior Boarder

#100973 2 years, 8 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: kmhpsu, doin_that_rag
gd4me2day
Fresh Boarder

#100996 2 years, 8 months ago
Beat me to it! THANKS.
derek92
Junior Boarder

#113070 2 years, 7 months ago
I hope they collab on a lot more stuff. It's interesting to me that JK started doing George Harrison's Any Road a month or so before Furthur debuted it, so I wonder if that was him influencing Furthur?? We know it was him who supported Furthur's fun with Abbey Road. Good to know he's not "just a guitarist."

i have had that idea for awhile now i hope John influencing Furthur or just getting ready in a sense...been hoping he would bring in Sing me Back Home...or if furthur would play scarlet>any road>fire
(i love how this site tries to change how i spell further evertime) aaha
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds