• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: 4/6/11 Mizner Park Amp. Boca Raton Fla.

#9802 3 years, 6 months ago
I think your right. That's based on what I heard. I wasn't there, but it sounded like Bobby started to sing a few words, then stopped.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
gratefulelectric
Junior Boarder
mama tried

#9811 3 years, 6 months ago
I WISH I WAS THERE THE VENUE LOOKS AMAZING I AM JEALOUS
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#9822 3 years, 6 months ago
sleekster wrote:
My buddy and I are having a debate over what Bobby did at the end of the show. After the band finished The End, it looked like they were getting ready to launch into another tune, Bobby stepped up to the mike and started to chunk out a chord and then stepped back, and looked at the rest of the band, and everyone kind of laughed and then they took off their instruments and closed. It looked to me like there was some kind of technical malfunction or that Bobby wanted to play another tune but then decided not to...at the last second. Did anyone else see this...or am I imagining things.....AGAIN?

No, you didn't imagine it. I saw it, too. My guess is that the band had reached their curfew and Bobby didn't realize it until someone informed him through his monitor system that they had to calll it quits.
Without love day to day insanity's king
racecar
Fresh Boarder

#9840 3 years, 6 months ago
I think you nailed it right on the head. I was there too and it was 10:51 when Bobby stepped up to the microphone and most likely was informed of the 11 pm curfew. I live in Boca Raton. The fines are VERY stiff if you break the curfew. They shut the place down for a couple of months while ordinances were worked out.

Overall it was a well played show , great song selection. My only two negatives was the transition from Scarlet>Eyes and the solos on Loser . I will go back and listen to it, to see if my ears were not playing tricks on me.

The quality of the sound was unreal, the venue as always is awesome and they really played well! all in all, a great show!

I also had the pleasure of attending an after party that Crazy Fingers was playing at Boca Muse and Sunshine showed up and sang a little with them. She did a mean TLEO ! They should let her try singing it with Furthur, it was awesome. Everyone welcomed her and it was a real laid back scene. Real Fun , but I am paying for it today....
sleekster
Fresh Boarder

#9854 3 years, 6 months ago
Well, I guess that settles that. Simple case of the curfew. The whole thing just seemed so odd to me, being the last song of their tour. And I was right up front and saw the funny look on Bobby's face and could see that he was conflicted about something. A bit of an anticlimactic way to end things...with a curfew. But, either way, it was a great show and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Thanks for all the comments and for helping me to resolve this open loop in my mind.
DaysBetween
Junior Boarder

#9917 3 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, it was pretty weird (no pun intended). But, it was cool seeing them all laugh, including Bobby, and Phil ginving him a big hug right after. They really are a family.
Let your life proceed by it's own design....
movable parts
Junior Boarder

#9938 3 years, 6 months ago
It was favorite overall show experience on the tour. I love the fact that the streets were taken over and people were viewing from shakedown. Amazing show, weather, and to top it of with the Crazy Fingers After Party which was bonkers.

Why didnt they encore with Dancin in The Streets>>>right.
Loonyj
Junior Boarder

#10509 3 years, 6 months ago
Mizner is one of my favorite out door venues, up there with Deer Creek, Pine Knob, Alpine, and SPAC.
My favorite show, is the next one!
www.phumes.com
jmr3
Fresh Boarder

#10685 3 years, 6 months ago
I hate going to shows there. I feel like I'm locked in a pen and surrounded by generators and food vendors. It always looks great in photos and I bet it looks great from the stage, but it's a drag to be there. The only plus is it being all GA and mostly grass. I had a great time last year at Bayfront Park in Miami, even though it's a long drive and parking can be a hassle. Since I work in Boca I know where to park for Mizner. The music was great and I had a blast, even when I was surrounded by people gabbing whenever they didn't know a song. gripe gripe gripe . . . I'll be back at Mizner next time though and glad too
Booyams
Fresh Boarder

#10712 3 years, 6 months ago
Well i saw the bayfront park show ,and i went to the hard rock show as well .And i went to this Mizner show ,it has been said
by many .Its awesome to see that Furthur's sound is evolving.Their is something very special here chemistry wize,not just a band playing the old dead tunes.

When you go to a concert ,you can see the bands that play for money.And the bands that play for the love ,of fans and the music.Their no hiding this fact.And the fact that Bobby just wants to perform..The part of the show that blew me away ,was 1st song set 2 .."To hard to handle....Hats off to Phil and the band,as their was obviously alot of practice put into this one ,played until 2 alternate ryhthms join as one ,,to create this awesome version of this jam.

Here it is ...... www.ustream.tv/recorded/13824036

This improvision is the shit that makes us dead heads proud.Its music created by people who have an ear for music ,for people who have an ear for music ,to listen to.I must have played it 10 times ,listening to how its put together.This is the music i will also share with friends ,years to come .Just like with the old dead shows,hats off to Furthur ,the crowds keep getting bigger,the chemistry keeps getting better...And this was the 1st lot scene of any of any of the Furthur shows ive been to ,that reminded me so much of the old days.....

www.ustream.tv/recorded/13824036
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Booyams.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds