• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

3-20-11 Tower Theatre Upper Darby, PA

#94807 2 years, 8 months ago
Going back through Spring '11 and stumbled on this gem. I remember it being a good show, but only now really give it props. The entire second set is wonderful. One of the best So Many Roads to date. Plus the 1st set Wharf Rat and West LA. Thoughts?
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

Re: 3-20-11 Tower Theatre Upper Darby, PA

#94808 2 years, 8 months ago
I'm sure you all know but the SB is up at I-Archive www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-03-2...ficial.113511.flac16
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#94831 2 years, 8 months ago
I thought the run @ the tower was some of the best Furthur to date. From the 20th on the shows just got better and better.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#94976 2 years, 8 months ago
Agreed.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#95126 2 years, 8 months ago
I don't like to complain,but sound under the overhang was not great.If they do Tower again,I do not want to be under overhang second tier:(
The following user(s) said Thank You: kmhpsu
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#95148 2 years, 8 months ago
I caught 4 of the 5 (all but 22nd and I was in the minority at the time but this was my fave show of the run. Loved the setlist , playing... Phil was Booming.. and an old school tear it up Sugar Mag to close. 2 thumbs WAY up.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#95530 2 years, 8 months ago
this was one of my favorites. they killed it this night...

i checked back on here we did have a thread about this, not very long maybe 2 pages...i looked over on the philzone and found my review, this is it, written the next night on the day off

By William Lewis (Wlewis) on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 08:41 pm: Edit Post

this show was extremely well played..i had a seat in the balcony more toward the top but not too far...the sound was great even up there. lots of room and a friendly crowd (except the guy who spilled his gigantic beer on my seat and proceeded to deny it and refuse to move down to where he created the mess)..i just danced in the aisle all night security was not concerned one bit..very open!! i've seen each show on this tour and this is BY FAR one of the best shows in terms of musicianship. i did not hear any mistakes..it did not matter what these guys played last night, THEY WERE ON. highlights for me included the shakedown, west la, row jimmy, wharf>passenger and so many roads. john just absolutely nailed so many roads, it was moving

very excited to see the next 2 nights here in philly...would really like to see blues for allah come out again, and maybe see a breakout of lazy lightning or esau
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#95982 2 years, 8 months ago
really dug this show was dancing fool with 2 green glow sticks
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
RowKyle
Fresh Boarder

#96317 2 years, 8 months ago
Yeah agreed, it was a great run at the Tower last spring

They really brought it starting on Friday 3/18 and kept it going to Weds and i still get chills when i hear that evenings So Many Roads
yatkoj
Junior Boarder

#102415 2 years, 8 months ago
i agree one of the top shows i seen, not a real crazy crowd, nice small place great sound, great ppl and deff had a great time...now this spring ntour i really wished i scored sat beacon tix i had 2 pre sale passwords and couldnt score and waited in line next day and only one person in front of me and didnt even get furthur tix and got shut out again it sucks cuz my girl goes to school 5 days a week nd works so the sat show would have perfect to do...any1 with any ex please let me kno will pay not looking for freebies
Time to create page: 0.77 seconds