• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
huerfanista
Junior Boarder
You ain't got half of what you thought you had.

Re: Must have Fall 2011 shows

#90427 2 years, 11 months ago
11/11/11 Syracuse was epic, I'd have to put that one on any list of must-have shows.

11/13 Buffalo and 11/15 Albany are stellar as well, but both are available in excellent audience recordings on archive.org by Chris Laporte. The quality is so good that I could easily live without SBDs of these 2 shows.

Every other show has something to recommend it, so I'd pick one based on song selection. This entire tour was so amazingly well-played that there's little to choose between them. My personal favorites (other than those I already mentioned) are Atlantic City (monster 2nd set), Chicago (another great 2nd set), Columbus.....oh hell, I give up, I might as well list every show!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbili
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#90430 2 years, 11 months ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
Nobody mentioned AC? First set was ok but second set was a monster Viola>Bertha>Viola>Caution>Viola. Also Help>Slip>Franklin, Morning Dew and Know you Rider, all 2nd set!

Oh Yeah!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
theuch24
Junior Boarder

#90436 2 years, 11 months ago
I'd say Indianapolis. Set 1 consists of scarlet begonias, playin, cumberland crazy fingers, doin that rag, colors of the rain, celebration and others. but the real kicker is set 2 Mountain song, fire on the mountain, watchtower, terrapin station, terrapin suite, in that order. others would be morning dew, UJB, WBYGN, and encore of TOG.
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
theuch24
Junior Boarder

#90437 2 years, 11 months ago
ChicagoJoe wrote:
Set II Chicago was anything but sleepy.
I am listening to Albany right now - sounds good.
For me, it's all about song selection when getting shows.
Some people don't like Dark Star and I be happy if they play it ever show.

This was a good tour, you can't go wrong.
I like the Indy show too.
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#90449 2 years, 11 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Chicago was decent, but sleepy.
what?
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Steve
Junior Boarder

#90458 2 years, 11 months ago
I am endlessly amused that everyone has a different opinion about which shows are better than others. If you attended the show, you will obviously have a different opinion than someone that only listens to it. I did not attend any of the shows, but MSG and 11/11 are pretty good, imho.

Carry on......
Thanks Charlie Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kfender
Gold Boarder

#90470 2 years, 11 months ago
I think we can all agree that there are many factors involved that affect the live experience.Band energy,crowd energy,venue energy and song selection.I went to the 3 shows along the NY state thruway and loved them all.Syracuse was the closest to me and also the most congested.I prefer a smaller venue to begin with and Syracuse filled the bill.The crowd was way into it and brought some great energy.Loved the WRS!Been waiting on that one for awhile.The outro jam from I Want You was incredible.Buffalo was possibly my fav of the 3 even tho the joint was pretty empty.Lot of rarely played tunes at that show and a killer Terrapin.I always love the Knick but found it a little sad.They didn't even block of the street and the upper deck was curtained off.The music however was greatLIsten to the Watchtower>Stella Blue!!Anyway we all have our opinions and likes/dislikes.I always have fun at shows but i prefer a smaller venue.They were dialed in this whole tour.My advice would be if your only gonna buy 2 SBD's pick shows that have your favorite songs in them.The playing won't disappoint.The archive has great aud's to listen to as wellNo one can really say which show was best given the factors stated above.Just listen and enjoy!!!
mlippert.2
Junior Boarder

#90477 2 years, 11 months ago
Was lucky enough to make it out the 3 shows on this tour (WB, Columbus and Indy) and they were all great. The only other show that I've heard is the Chicago show since my brother was there. It's a small sample size, but Wilkes-Barre was the best show I've ever been to hands down. Was also my fiance's first show which made it all the more special. Indy had a great set list and the theater setting was quite interesting. That Dew they dropped into was perfect at the time. Columbus had some stand outs, I was really digging that Lost>Saint!
Sure don't know what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
Mrmmur
Fresh Boarder

#90596 2 years, 11 months ago
I was at Wilkes Barre,Pa and Syracuse,NY....I would buy both of them ... WB was my favorite probably because the people around me were great!!!
Chadwell
Junior Boarder

#90803 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks so much to all who have taken the time to respond! I went ahead and grabbed Syracuse, nice looking setlist and lot of good reviews. Due to all these differing opinions, I think I'm gonna have to shell out a bit more cash to grab another couple shows Thanks again folks.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds