• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
michaelnmyers
Fresh Boarder

Re: Setlist, Indianapolis In. 11/21/11

#90155 2 years, 11 months ago
Part 1/2
Not entire terrapin station suite
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by michaelnmyers. Reason: Forgot to insert...
michaelnmyers
Fresh Boarder

#90157 2 years, 11 months ago
Part 2/2
Not entire terrapin station suite
Sorry, my arms got tired...boo on me :-/
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#90158 2 years, 11 months ago
That's okay. There was probably someone like me who forked out healthy cash and who was wishing they didn't have to look through your arms and around your phone to watch the band. I know that sounds assholish. Believe me, I wish it wasn't, but to add yet another distraction and inconsideration to the long list of distractions is more than I can sometimes handle at shows. Digital mementos are cool and all, but they come at an expense...and usually at the expense of someone else.

If you don't like my words, maybe I can still beg of everyone to at least consider the people around you as you do things at a show. Your pleasure and joy is important, but it isn't more important than anyone else's.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
rushfan1of7
Fresh Boarder

#90169 2 years, 11 months ago
Hello Furthur Community!. I cannot believe I have missed out all these years. I'm a big ole rock fan and Rush are my favorite. Last nite was my very first exposure to the trippy dippy shakedown hippie scene. How very cool.

I THOUROUGHLY enjoyed the live music. It was gentle, sweet, loving, lulling and fabulously amazing. My favorite was Mountain Song. Where can I get a CD of that? I mean, have these wonderful musicians released a CD? Not the live recordings...got that. Wonder if a studio version is made? (Try not to yell at me, plz.)

I decided that if I ever own an office somewhere, instead of jazz or something, I'd prefer Furthur in the background. Excellent show, great vibe, good time except for the security nazis. WTF? I nave NEVER been thru a pat down at a concert!? Did they think we were bringing in anthrax or shoe bombs or something? I know this...I will come again. And again . And again. As long as musicians such as Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, GeddyNeilAlex are putting it out there, I am theirs.
I love you man. Rush on. Furthur.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
michaelnmyers
Fresh Boarder

#90170 2 years, 11 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
That's okay. There was probably someone like me who forked out healthy cash and who was wishing they didn't have to look through your arms and around your phone to watch the band. I know that sounds assholish. Believe me, I wish it wasn't, but to add yet another distraction and inconsideration to the long list of distractions is more than I can sometimes handle at shows. Digital mementos are cool and all, but they come at an expense...and usually at the expense of someone else.

If you don't like my words, maybe I can still beg of everyone to at least consider the people around you as you do things at a show. Your pleasure and joy is important, but it isn't more important than anyone else's.

Nope, I don't mind your words. the only person whom I could have annoyed was the person behind me and only due to me being 6'2" (I have been self conscious about that for a long time at shows and for a while sat at some shows because I heard people complaining about something I cannot help...but I eventually realized I cannot help it)

But for me, I always take others' experience into consideration. So I decided to video only these two segments and made sure to hold it against my chest (since I had an unobstructed view due to height) and with my arms held to my sides like a chicken. As you may tell on my video, a guy in front of me holds a camera above his head to take a pic and is barely in frame. That is chest level for me so it works out to where I don't need to hold a camera above my head to obstruct the person 15 rows behind me. I only obstruct the people up to 5 rows behind me due to my body/height and cannot help that.
I appreciate /respect your concerns for others around my area and yes the tickets were expensive! $148 for 2 tickets from Live Nation was the face value plus taxes put on my debit card on the day the went on sale! Ouch!

Edit: If that explanation helps clear the video up for you I hope you can enjoy it now knowing no one minded
At least I hope no one minded or was offended by the brief 2-3 second checks to see if my cheat heat didn't stop the recording...if it did I appologize to those in spirit.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by michaelnmyers.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#90237 2 years, 11 months ago
michaelnmyers, I truly appreciate the acknowledgment of your height and the unfortunate responsibility that comes with it. Also appreciate you taking the time to share the situation and explain your respectful perspective. I wish everyone was as thoughtful as you seem to be.

Through two shows, I only had one spurt of inconsiderate nonsense, all during Mountains of the Moon in Chicago. One of my favorite songs, and one of my favorite songs PL&F did and Furthur do. Three different, unrelated situations and all during one song. Missed 2/3s of MotM because of them. A real bummer, but I consider myself lucky.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Chester
More or less in line

#90506 2 years, 11 months ago
One last picture I just saw of Dylans, from the (formerly) Murat theatre in Indianapolis. Beautiful place.

I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#92452 2 years, 10 months ago

Gosh, what I wonderful beautiful way to end an amazing evening! I didn't even need an encore after this! Love it!

I'm jonsing bad for some more Furthur!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, rockinbob
mlippert.2
Junior Boarder

#92504 2 years, 10 months ago
I almost wish that they wouldn't have encored after that ending... Amazing. I wish they could just tour all year round lol
Sure don't know what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#92552 2 years, 10 months ago
That was just pure BLISS!!!!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds