• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Setlist, Indianapolis In. 11/21/11

#89947 2 years, 9 months ago
Set 1
Celebration>
Born cross eyed>
Scarlet begonias>
Colors of the rain
Playin in the band>
Crazy fingers>
Playin in the band>
Cumberland blues>
Doin that rag

Set 2
Mountain song>
All along the watchtower>
Fire on the mountain
Lady with a fan>
Terrapin Station>
Terrapin suite>
Blues for Allah!>
The other one>
Morning Dew
Uncle Johns band
We bid you goodnight
*donor rap
E-Touch of grey

I keep thinking about that second set. Not really thrilled with the opener, but I haven't heard it. And not thrilled
about the encore, although I understand the message, and appreciate it. But the part inbetween looks incredible.
I can't wait to hear this. Unfortunately, the archive is down for the moment. I'm sure I'll hear it soon.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
masonharper
Fresh Boarder

#89963 2 years, 9 months ago
you know, i didn't mind the opener, frankly after a 38min intermission and the long walk back from the green room (lets face it, there not getting any younger, need to warm up their fingers) I was ready to get down, and get down I did. That set was incredible, so on they were and a great place to see them. Love the small venues. Encore- after that set, they could play ANYTHING they wanted, because it didn't matter, they gave us one hell of a show. I like Touch of Grey, reminds me of when Jerry came back from the "Dead" and opened with it. Always warms the heart when heard. Anyways, perfect end to the tour, no question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#89965 2 years, 9 months ago
It's not that I don't like Touch of grey, I do. It's a great song, just a little anti-climactic, after that amazing set,
and an amazing tour. Again, I haven't heard this one yet, so my opinion may change.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#89972 2 years, 9 months ago
someday I'm sure I will get my Ripple > Brokedown. lol
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#89978 2 years, 9 months ago
Chester, BEST touch Of Grey This year! I prefer other songs, but that was PEFECT to end what was an AMAZING, BLAZING Show! So Blessed to have been there
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

#89984 2 years, 9 months ago
rockinbob wrote:
Chester, BEST touch Of Grey This year! I prefer other songs, but that was PEFECT to end what was an AMAZING, BLAZING Show! So Blessed to have been there

Awesome! That's what I want to hear. Love it. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#89989 2 years, 9 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
someday I'm sure I will get my Ripple > Brokedown. lol

after you've been on the road for 2 1/2 tours, high as hell yet you didn't even drop, you'll be smoking an "encore puff" and even though you've been calling a ripple>brokedown for god knows how long, it'll finally happen. beyond description.

they've paired ripple off with a few other tunes like sat night, box of rain, just like tom thumbs blues maybe something else too but never has furthur done those particular 2 together. 2 bob vox...maybe they should do i t, and let jk just do one once at the very least
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#89991 2 years, 9 months ago
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

#90001 2 years, 9 months ago
Strider1 wrote:

Awesome! Thanks.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#90037 2 years, 9 months ago
I'm listening to the audience tape on archive, and I may like that as much or more as the soundboard CD. There was so much energy in the (small) crowd, a very nice vibe, not to mention a lot of singalong (I know some hate it, but I love it). I also had great luck meeting up with forum folks. Got in a little late, and, after discovering that they were actually patting people down (so ridiculous) rather than just looking in bags, we left one door, rearranged our belongs into non-pattable areas, and headed for a different door. There was only one person ahead of me getting patted and suddenly I realized it was FurthurFlower (maybe picture threads aren't all bad). Then when we went to our seats, it turned out right next to us was rockinbob and his buddy we had met in Columbus, which was a huge treat and big fun having them there to party with. After I sat down, I was chatting with the two folks in front of us, one of whom turned out to live about 2 miles from us. The other was a very nice woman, and in the context of discussing Bob singing Jerry songs, the forum was mentioned, and it turned out that it was Ruby Claire, another terrific surprise! And I got to walk back to the hotel with both FF67 and Ossumpei, which was a lovely end to the evening!
As for the music, I'll let you listen, but it was great. Celebration and Born Crossed were a nice start, then Scarlet set the place on fire, John K was incredible (so strong all night, confirmed by the guitar player with me), then Colors of the Rain, which is my least favorite new song, but it was wonderful, with a great bit of jamming in it that was a pleasant surprise. The Playin>Crazy Fingers>Playin alone was worth the 5+ hour drive, especially since I didn't think I'd get a Crazy Fingers, and Jeff was beautiful on it!! Could have had more Jeff throughout, he didn't get quite as many chances to shine as I would have liked. Though I'm just hearing Cumberland, and he's setting the keys on fire, so I shouldn't complain. WITS- I would have gladly given you one of these Cumberlands, you'd have loved 'em. Nice end with DTR.
Then I'm all set and ready to get dancing for set 2, and they start with Mountain Song- WTF?? I'm starting to like this song, primarily for the instrumentals, but it was a buzz kill at the start of the set, imo, until it picked up a bit about 1/2 way through, and the jam perked things up a bit. Watchtower was good, except for some serious lyric forgetting by Bob, including one point where the audience, in singalong mode, actually prompted Bob on the verse and he gave us a little point with his finger like "OK, thanks, at least you guys have it", pretty funny. And FOTM kept us dancing nicely, and then: TERRAPIN!!! It was 25 minutes of sheer magical bliss, including particularly beautiful opening and pre-"inspiration" jams by JK. I couldn't have asked for more, and it almost made Blues for Allah anti-climatic for me, but of course not entirely and I was excited to hear it, nice and spacey. The Dew was beautiful and majestic, JK again did a wonderful job, such perfect tone, and Phil boomed his way through. And if that wasn't enough, they give us an Uncle John's!!!! Again, unexpected and so welcome! A fine closing with a somewhat uptempo And We Bid You Goodnight. I've already said I wasn't thrilled with the encore choice, but hey, I was on cloud nine, what did it matter!

When's the next show??!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, huerfanista, doin_that_rag, rockinbob
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds