• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
drugshovel
Fresh Boarder

Re: One last show....best tour yet?

#91410 2 years, 11 months ago
Couldn't agree more. This has been one of their best yet. The NH show and MSG show are both amazing. With many other nights to follow. I love em all. They should be proud of what they have done. I am.
stealmyface
Junior Boarder

#92671 2 years, 10 months ago
I've never danced harder, cheered louder, or smiled wider than I have seeing Furthur this last year and a half. I have a stressful job, a wonderful wife (new onset Head), no children, and a daily herb habit. Now I have a Furthur habit, and it provides so much positive anticipation and fun. My 2 cents regarding the best: Furthur really hit their stride in Fall 10'. I rate the Spring 11' tour and this recent fall tour as the best. Phil changing sides really seemed to reinvigorate the band- JK especially seems to take more of a lead- did they "turn up" JK or have the new stage dynamics helped him to step out more? If there were any low points for me it would be the song segues were a little disjointed this summer ie SPAC. Red Rocks 11' first set Saturday has been the only disapointing show. The 2nd set was a psychedelic treat. I've had a blast at every show, I must say. Thank You Furthur!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbili
mlippert.2
Junior Boarder

#92685 2 years, 10 months ago
I'm going to agree with you stealmyface... When I saw them in November of 2010, that was the first time that they really blew me away and sounded in complete union with one another. They've always been trending upward in the sense that they get better with almost every show, but every since fall '10, their leaps have been bigger IMO.
Sure don't know what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stealmyface
kbrownva@msn.com
Fresh Boarder

#93405 2 years, 10 months ago
Whoever you are - you are extremely articulate - well said young man!

My first show was in '82 - the 80's were happy times for Jerry...but Furthur is the best thing that has happened to this world since the happy 80s....well said young man, well said.

From night to night -- the Grateful Dead was great in the 80s, but some nights were down right magical...that's what I've seen from Furthur...great music to down right magical.

I saw April Fools Day in Hampton Va, 2011 - Where the opened with One More Saturday Night (on a Friday Night)...played an improvisational jam in the first set, and played Fool in the Rain by Zeppelin in the 2nd set -- Down Right Magical!

In Charlottesville, Va, 2011 - the played a ridiculous Caution > Time (Pink Floyd) > ridiculous Death Don't Have No Mercy -- all the while I was grieving a recent loss and feeling my mortality!

Furthur is downright magical at times - just like the Grateful Dead was - downright magical -- JK is Jerry's Angel - sent to us -- Thanks big Jer! & Thank you young friend!
ChicagoJoe
Fresh Boarder

#93455 2 years, 10 months ago
I still say the 3/3/10 show is one of the best, so I can't say that they are better.
UIC shows I saw were good too - check that terrapin - very kind.
The Rosemont show was really good and the transitions between songs was excellent.
I really was moved by the Wharf rat and everyday should be a Sunshine Daydream!!

Here's the deal, I agree with the Brother who posted before about the grump old Heads who don't like Furthur.
It was always this way in this scene - "new ones coming as the old ones go".
I remember these guys bitching after a Dead show i saw in 1990 because it wasn't as good as the '85 tour.
I feel bad that their happy cells are all gone and they can't enjoy the great music of Furthur, because this is the last great run.

Once Phil is gone, it's over and I ain't wastin' time no more.
Isn't it good to be lost in the wood
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#93503 2 years, 10 months ago
Hey Joe - The shows I was able to attend on this recent tour were wonderful (Chi-Mad)...they just keep getting better! You have any plans to go see Phil out in Colorado? I am assuming you live in Chicago like I do based on your screen name
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
FamilyLove870
Fresh Boarder

#98434 2 years, 10 months ago
good show for sure only got to go to the vegas show but they tore it up
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds