• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Re: One last show....best tour yet?

#89590 2 years, 11 months ago
This is the tightest I've heard them. I miss them as soon as I walk out of the venue.
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#89889 2 years, 11 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Tired and worn out, maybe I should not have said. Phil, as always, and Bob are extremely tight nowadays with Furthur. Bob, as I have said before, even looks renewed and especially on this tour has not been making as many mental flubs.

Maybe just between seeing them in Wilkes-Barre in early November and Chicago three weeks later, it seems that a LITTLE energy was lost. Bob didnt move around as much, and Phil didn't drop as many bombs. But who knows, maybe they are just laying low for a BIG finale tonight...

.....which I HOPE includes a bustout of either "Blues for Allah," "Lazy Lightning," or "Esau."

nice call on the blues for allah, it has been far too long since the last...philly 2010?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#89892 2 years, 11 months ago
It was definitely a great tour and better than West Coast tour. Each ticket I bought was well worth the money.
lysergic
Junior Boarder

#90258 2 years, 11 months ago
king solomans marbles in madison was the best segment of played music that i have seen furthur play period. from strictly a technical standpoint joe russo and jeff c killed it. i was on jeff c side right on stage. the looks bob and phil gave them said it all. russo beasted it truly amazing
Dustin
Fresh Boarder

#90345 2 years, 11 months ago
Yea, man, I hate to be the one to mention it, but whoever that old rusty wheel was that called-in to "tales from golden road," (and this goes to anyone else like him) he just ain't operating on the level whatsoever.

Unfortunately for me, I've only been a head since '98, so I missed Jer by just a couple of years, but between ALL of those incarnations, Crusader Rabbit, Dead, Other Ones, PLQ there have been some hot shows and some incredible times, but NOTHING approaching the level of this here band. I'm afraid, either you agree, or you just aren't on the level... (don't mean to be such a fascist, but...)

And let's be honest, those of us who have caught shows and are music aficianados, ok, so phil and bob are old as sin- but this band on an OFF night, raises an easy 100 times more energy, power, and peak than 99% of live bands out there. even the youngest, freshest and most vital ones will never approach this level of concert performance. Jesus Christ, just think about it! When has a band of this age, ever performed at such startling intensity while consistently staying on TOUR?

I don't think its ever happened before, and will likely never happen again, and only such a blessed band/entity like the grateful dead will ever possibly sustain itself to such a degree. Its really nothing short of a miracle that we are witnessing; Phil's survival, Bobby's strength, coming together so perfectly with Russo's intensity, Chimenti's brilliance, and J.K., that starseed that must have flown straight out of Jer's Gibson SG as he played those EARTHSHATTERING Dark Star/S.S./11/L.L.'s at the Fillmore West in '69 and given itself agency through the great super vortex created by the band and the dancing freaks, only to fly straight into some unsuspecting maiden's womb, possessing the young fetus with Jerry's own muse.

Seriously though, we have so much to be thankful for, this band truly is a miracle and a truly priceless gift for us deadheads, lets just give them as much love as we can and never mss a show if we can help it!

Yea! wooo
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire
theuch24
Junior Boarder

#90438 2 years, 11 months ago
Looks like you got your blues for allah last night man
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
mlippert.2
Junior Boarder

#90480 2 years, 11 months ago
I've been able to see at least one show from almost every tour they've done, and based on the stage chemistry that I've seen between the guys, and especially between the younger and older guys, I would be surprised if they were done after new years. Musically speaking they are finally communicating very well and it seems like they all are having a great time. Phil looks like he's having a blast, and I've been surprised by how good Bobby sounds. They're exploring new areas and doing so confidently. If they are done, I would like to see John, Joe and Jeff keep playing together in some fashion.
Sure don't know what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
ChicagoJoe
Fresh Boarder

#90517 2 years, 11 months ago
This was a great tour and this band keeps getting better!!

Phil is really playing good and I like how JK has stepped up lately.
Furthur Rules!!
Isn't it good to be lost in the wood
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#90829 2 years, 11 months ago
Not only is the band showing up and playing amazing, were also showing up and being deadheads and doing what we do at shows whack makes the experience even better
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
craze
Junior Boarder

#91324 2 years, 11 months ago
lysergic wrote:
king solomans marbles in madison was the best segment of played music that i have seen furthur play period. from strictly a technical standpoint joe russo and jeff c killed it. i was on jeff c side right on stage. the looks bob and phil gave them said it all. russo beasted it truly amazing

They are amazing! This band is on fire. I still can't stop listening to the Eugene shows.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by craze.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds