• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

One last show....best tour yet?

#89178 2 years, 11 months ago
With tomorrow in Indy providing us the last show of fall tour 2011, how many of us think that this tour is the best Furthur has done so far?

I would say that within the last 4 shows, they have been showing wear and tiredness. Other than that, I think this is one of the top 2 tours they have done- spring 2010 and fall 2011.

What do you all think?
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: One last show....best tour yet?

#89412 2 years, 11 months ago
I haven't listened to many of the shows, but on paper this tour looks great.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#89427 2 years, 11 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
With tomorrow in Indy providing us the last show of fall tour 2011, how many of us think that this tour is the best Furthur has done so far?

I would say that within the last 4 shows, they have been showing wear and tiredness. Other than that, I think this is one of the top 2 tours they have done- spring 2010 and fall 2011.

What do you all think?

I'd say so loved this tour!!!

Did anyone listen to tales from the golden road yesterday, there was a caller a older gent, who went off on a tangent about how Furthur is nothing new and how people are thinking that this is nothing like the GD,Other Ones, The Dead, etc. between his wishy washy standpoint on sounding like he didn't like the band to raving about it, it was clear that he was trying to throw some low blows aimed at Furthur. Why go out of your way to take up time on a call in show about how you don't think Furthur is anything special and the fact that it took you 10 min to get a point across....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#89433 2 years, 11 months ago
Wear and tiredness, I'm not so sure. Phil has been absolutely beaming in the photos and it looks like Bobby Ace is playing with renewed vigor. I've been sampling the shows here and there while working. I haven't given a critical listen, but it seems the band is far more comfortable playing now and are going new places with the music. I am really digging some of the new arrangements too, taking it furthur. Best tour? Well, only time will tell. Just enjoy it in the now.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#89441 2 years, 11 months ago
Tired and worn out, maybe I should not have said. Phil, as always, and Bob are extremely tight nowadays with Furthur. Bob, as I have said before, even looks renewed and especially on this tour has not been making as many mental flubs.

Maybe just between seeing them in Wilkes-Barre in early November and Chicago three weeks later, it seems that a LITTLE energy was lost. Bob didnt move around as much, and Phil didn't drop as many bombs. But who knows, maybe they are just laying low for a BIG finale tonight...

.....which I HOPE includes a bustout of either "Blues for Allah," "Lazy Lightning," or "Esau."
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#89443 2 years, 11 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Tired and worn out, maybe I should not have said. Phil, as always, and Bob are extremely tight nowadays with Furthur. Bob, as I have said before, even looks renewed and especially on this tour has not been making as many mental flubs.

Maybe just between seeing them in Wilkes-Barre in early November and Chicago three weeks later, it seems that a LITTLE energy was lost. Bob didnt move around as much, and Phil didn't drop as many bombs. But who knows, maybe they are just laying low for a BIG finale tonight...

.....which I HOPE includes a bustout of either "Blues for Allah," "Lazy Lightning," or "Esau."

Strike that Lightning tonight Bobby!
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#89470 2 years, 11 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:

What do you all think?

Enjoy each tour for what it is. Great music from GREAT musicians with EVEN grater fans!!! In order to say what tour was the best so far - musically that is, you need to spend the time and energy to listen to EVERY show (soundboard) uninterrupted and compare show by show and song by song. Who the heck has time for that? (Wait, I have already done this!)

This tour was AWESOME. Just like the last tour was, and the new years run, and the tour before that, and Phils NY birthday run, and the one before that.......
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#89489 2 years, 11 months ago
I was saying this to my gf yesterday. I do believe as a tour that this has been their best. Cant think of an off night, 2 or 3 amazing shows and 5-6 full sets that were off the charts! As previous poster stated all tours have been great abd i am grateful for all of them. That being said, i think you are correct.
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#89490 2 years, 11 months ago
I haven't had time to listen to enough of the shows to comment on the tour as a whole. But I will say the two shows I've seen (MSG and AC) are my best yet.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#89494 2 years, 11 months ago
I only hit a couple shows per tour and normally they are great shows, but i don't know what it was the 2 i hit this tour MSG and Syracuse felt like it was almost a different band than i saw in the heat of summer worn out...everyone sounds tight and there have been no signs of slowing down or the wheels coming off at the end
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds