• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Setlist - Madison, WI - 11/19/2011

#89374 2 years, 9 months ago
liquidsmoke wrote:
ZenoMarx wrote:
wlewis wrote:
i'm surprised your on here while your at the show
I swear a good quarter of the audience is online at any given time. Completely baffling to me. I average spending around $100 per show with tickets, gas, etc; and the last thing you'll find me doing is spending it staring at a phone (or making beer and piss runs). If I'm so easily distracted, I'll just stay home and keep out of the way of everyone else who works so hard to see the show. Two things in real short supply: consideration and gratitude.

Typing on a phone does seem a bit weird at a show but each to his/her own although I don't remember seeing many people using phones. Beer and piss is easy: buy 2 beers before the first set starts, piss once during a song you are sick of or not that into, piss again and get 1 or 2 more beers at set break, piss again during a song you are sick of or not that into or just hold your piss. The more influenced I am the more fun I have and the more mind blowing and life changing/improving the show is. Downside is the more influenced I am the less of the show I remember. Gotta find the right balance.
Since starting shows in the 80s, I haven't missed a single note (except walking out on Knocking on Heaven's Door as an encore). I also cannot imagine deciding on a time to take a break. I want to hear what they do with the songs I don't even want to hear. And the show is a novel, not a bunch of short stories. Skipping a chapter doesn't work for me.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
liquidsmoke
Junior Boarder

#89376 2 years, 9 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Since starting shows in the 80s, I haven't missed a single note (except walking out on Knocking on Heaven's Door as an encore). I also cannot imagine deciding on a time to take a break. I want to hear what they do with the songs I don't even want to hear. And the show is a novel, not a bunch of short stories. Skipping a chapter doesn't work for me.

I can appreciate this level of interest.
lost in a maze of liquid smoke I thought my brains were gonna choke
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#89392 2 years, 9 months ago
man what a set list sorry I missed that one but I will burn a copy def !!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#89396 2 years, 9 months ago
did they have the beautiful rose show for must have been the roses?I saw it at radio city and I still get the chills when I think of it !!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#89469 2 years, 9 months ago
up on archives. Wow, what a black muddy river. You can really hear Jeff and Sunshine, and for the better imo. Nice and slow, with feeling.

www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-11-1...p;utm_medium=twitter

Couch_Tour2_2011-11-21.jpg
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by scar1et_f1re. Reason: add link
lysergic
Junior Boarder

#90256 2 years, 9 months ago
Madison and st lou were 2 of the best furthur shows i have seen after 30 something shows. the mad show was truly amazing. joe russo and jeff c absoutely killed king solomans marbles. mabey the finest playing and interaction i have seen yet.

the dancing at the fox in the hallways reminded me of the old days truely a spiritual experience. the 2nd set was hot. best comes a time ive heard period.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#92461 2 years, 9 months ago

Good Love, during Bobby's rap he says Who needs it, a little good love? Well I guess thats rhetorical hehehe

Money for Gasoline, Weeeee, Spin the wheel!

Althea! You know this space is getting HOT!

Madison is for sure up there in my top 5 Furthur shows! This show was rocking hard!! Thank you so much for a real good time!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
RafaelO
Junior Boarder

#93518 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for sharing flower! Great show it was. Watching Bobby sing Black Muddy River again is real peaceful like.

I met Bill in St. Louis outside the Fox and had a few of his special brownies, nice guy! He mentioned you and he were heading to Indy.

The shows I saw in Chicago, Madison, St. Louis and Indy were all terrific in their own way. Fun scenes throughout, perhaps not so much in Indy but hey you can't have it all.

Hoping for some Spring shows!

Papi
furthur1
Junior Boarder

#94145 2 years, 9 months ago

KSM
さらに、
deadheadnj
Junior Boarder

#206154 1 year, 10 months ago
well, ended up proposing to my girlfriend of 18yrs this past Christmas and now we our heading to NYE in SF 2013....
What would be the answer to answer man
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#206206 1 year, 10 months ago
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by splatter_face.
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds