• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Setlist - Rosemont, IL - 11/18/2011

#87943 2 years, 11 months ago
huerfanista wrote:
Equinox wrote:
It's on philzone.

Un, yeah, that's me. Here's what I heard:
"throwin stones jam in middle of liberty back 2 liberty"
so maybe just instrumental jam instead of full version. Apologies.

No apologies necessary. Definitely wish we had a stream, though.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#87944 2 years, 11 months ago
Equinox wrote:
So that Throwing Stones sandwhich is just a rumor?

I thought you were making a joke, since they seem to be splitting everything these days, didn't realize it was actually rumored out there.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#87948 2 years, 11 months ago
Friend just texted that the second set was great. Can't wait to hear it for myself! Have a good rest of the night, everybody.
Maybe a stream for tomorrow!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, PMoondancer
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#87956 2 years, 11 months ago
chicago got the dark star > st stephen > the eleven that I was hoping to get in columbus !

looks like another epic show !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Connor
Junior Boarder

#87960 2 years, 11 months ago
Just got back home from Allstate Arena... WOW, what a show! Here's a mini review:

I went to this show with my father, cousins, aunt, and uncle, along with their family friends. They had box seats which included free food and a private bathroom. I was lucky enough to be in the box area even though I didn't have a ticket for it. Sound was incredible. You could really hear Phil's bombs.

I'll add a review of the first set later, but I really want to get to the second set.

First of all let me say that EVERY song of the second set transitioned into each other. There was no stopping. Playin' In The Band was a solid start to the second set. The Jam after the lyrics was really cool, with JK playing some neat chord progressions. This was followed by a seamless transition into Dear Mr. Fantasy, which is always great to hear. After that was a nice spacey Dark Star. Unless I'm mistaken, they only played the first verse, never did the second one. After what seemed like 20 minutes of jamming, you could tell the band was going somewhere else, and it eventually shaped into The Eleven. It was weird... they didn't do the 4/4 intro they usually do, instead going straight to the 11/4 main part of the song. This version was very energetic. After that came Mountains Of The Moon, which was a really surprising treat. Really neat jamming in that song. I happen to love Phil's vocals in it. Next was another surprise: Saint Stephen! The Jam was superb, and segued into a great rendition of Shakedown Street. They gave Jeff Chimenti a really long piano solo in the middle of it, which I believe hasn't been done before. Following this was Wharf Rat, which is always great to hear. This was followed by the Playin' reprise, which wasn't completely unexpected, however I was expecting the 2nd verse of Dark Star to appear at some point. The Liberty encore was great too.

Overall, this show was one to remember. Of the 5 shows I've been to so far, this is in the top 3... not sure where in the top 3 though. Now I just have to wait for tomorrow night at Madison, where I scored two free VIP passes! Can't wait!
Sure don't know, what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, Spacewaffle
bender
Junior Boarder

#87963 2 years, 11 months ago
Grate show tonight. Probably the best furthur show I've seen. Better than March 2010. Setlist is underwhelming but the precision of the band was top notch. Wow. I've been skeptical of this band but they delivered tonight bigtime.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spacewaffle
bender
Junior Boarder

#87964 2 years, 11 months ago
I didn't hear a Thowing Stones jam in Liberty. Straight up Liberty was what I heard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Connor
Junior Boarder

#87966 2 years, 11 months ago
bender wrote:
I didn't hear a Thowing Stones jam in Liberty. Straight up Liberty was what I heard.

yeah. definitely no throwin' stones jam.
Sure don't know, what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#87967 2 years, 11 months ago
For as incredible of a first set this show was - with song selection (a bunch of FIRST SHOWINGS on current tour) and a GREAT mix of Bob & Phil, the second set lacked the "Furthur" touch, and was more of a Phil set. Even the Playin was ruled by Phil. If Jill would have planned the Standing on the Moon before the reprise (Maybe instead of Wharf Rat) even though it wasn't due - it would have been great!

I love Phil, just wish he waited till he was OFF the stage to yell at Russo - which tonight folks, it delayed the closing bow...

On to Madison! Peace.

Also, fintresting that the boyz can not come to Chicago without playing a Stephen or Eleven or Dark Star.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#87969 2 years, 11 months ago
I just got back....agree with Connor, second set was fire. First set was sleepy. I thought "Ashes and Glass" was "Throwing Stones" at first. Walked out on "Liberty" to get in the CD line.

I SWEAR they didn't do the 2nd verse of DS....which Connor pointed out....my dad says they did. I was expecting DS > Playin Rep after Wharf but the DS never materialized.

Seeing the # of songs, I guess they didn't jip Chicago because set 1 had 9 songs...but set 2 should always have 10. In my opinion. lol

Personally, I thought Wilkes-Barre was better than this show, but maybe because a bunch of idiots around us were talking loud - surprise, not for "Peaceful Valley" but definitely thru "Pride of Cucamonga." Idiots.

BEST PARTS: "Wharf," "Pride," and "Shakedown." My first "Cassidy" and "Stagger Lee" were sweet and opening with "Sugar Magnolia" after previously thinking they should do that a week ago was a welcome surprise.
WORST PARTS: Loud drunks. "Liberty" encore. "Ashes and Glass" instead of "Colors of the Rain" or a bustout. Separating "Stephen" and "Eleven," when I called DS > Stephen > Eleven > Death Don't > Lovelight at set break. hahaha

That last part was more or less a joke. Can't wait to see if Furthur returns in 2012
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds