• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Re: Set List 11/16 Columbus, OH!

#87115 2 years, 5 months ago
i understand peeps being kinda weired out by the placement of sailor saint, but i kinda think thats what this band is all albout doing things, llike song placement, speed, changin lyrics up, doing covers of beatles songs all the time, stuff that the GD, or ratdog or P&f never did, shit redrocks they opened with OMSN, then sampson, with the whole show sandwhichs of songs, i gotta say they are goin into different places.
i live in cali, but am from the midwest and i bet there are alot of old friends at last nights and tonights shows,
i wish i couold be there, ragin it up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Gr8fulauditors, bokb, Ken
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#87129 2 years, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
First review, more tomorrow if pictures turned out.
Incredibly first set, start to finish!! Deal was a rocking start, BTW was exceptionally great Bob was in very good voice (just listening again now); Easy Wind and High Time were surprises and great. John's guitar was so, so sweet and pretty on High Time!! Cumberland was really energetic, with some great raucous jamming, and Quinn kept everyone dancing hard 'til the break. Phil looked good and energetic all night, he does seem happy!
Sailor/Saint are a top 5 favorite for me, so I was thrilled to get them, but agree with Tapertsquare that they're not an ideal start to a second set. But as always the melancholy of Lost was eased by the joy of Saint, so things picked up quickly. But then it slowed down again with Money (got my Abbey Rd fix!). He's Gone actually had a lot of energy ("ten mile skid on a ten mile ride") and was relatively bouncy, so that kept things bopping along. Then came the Scarlet>Fire>Eyes, and they were just incredibly awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK was on fire!!! And Jeff. OMG, Jeff!! He is a freaking monster!!! His piano on Eyes was nothing short of genius! Seriously, one of the best Eyes I've ever seen, and I am including GD in that. Wow, just had me flying!! Could have gone home happy then and there!! Then Black Peter was a chance to sit down. It was good, as BPs go, though long, but the energy level had been sky high, even with slow songs, and that energy died out a bit after that. It was a very nice Wheel and Casey Jones, and I was expecting a Touch encore, and it was good, but the last few songs weren't quite as strong as the rest of the show had been.

But I dearly loved every single second of it! I even got 3 of my favorite "recharge your positive energy" songs in Saint, Wheel and Touch, so I'm feeling reborn now (except for my feet, legs, back and shoulders). Being back on the couch until Indy doesn't sound all bad!

And of course, the best part of the night was getting to hang out with Ecojaded and the Captain, and to meet RockinBob and deadontherivet (got the pin that's his avatar!). Forum folks are just the greatest!!
sue the show was incredible, and it was awesome meeting u, Eco and mr. Sunshine. Lol. That Scarlett fire was worth the price of admission, the rest was all a big bonus!!! My brains to tired to write a better review."
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gr8fulauditors, SunshineSue, mcolleen
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#87147 2 years, 5 months ago
Great running into you Sue, Ecojaded, and DeadinKY, sorry if I was a little hazy last nite with conversation - was feeling rather spacey toward the end of the show. Its kinda wierd meeting people off the internet don't you think? For me, it's strange. There's always preconceived notions of how people will act or if they plan to hack a person up and eat em for dinner. Don't get me wrong, I loved meeting you guys, was just a little leery going into it, you know what I mean?
DeadinKY, were you as close as I thought you would be? Let me speak of our meetup, I'm about to enter the porta potty and I hear Tony? Wow, that is a cool way to meet, even though I really had to use the bathroom.
Helluva show. Did anyone see how excited Phil got when he was about to start Eyes of the World? I thought he was going to have a major spasm?
Note: While listening to the band play throughout the night, and this is not a criticism and don't take it as one, I was watching Bobby try to lead the band and I started thinking how on occasions he struggled and John or Phil would pick it up for him, which you know, I don't really see a leader of the band, which is cool, maybe they don't want it that way, there's nothing wrong with that, but when they played He's Gone, damn, I about lost it. And it was so cool how that song hit me, it hit me in the right moment at the right time, because you know he's gone but let's sing about it and remember the good times and that made it all right for me. I was on an emotional roller coaster all night.
So by the end of the show I was speechless. I felt like a lived a lifetime through the show and came out on top.
Enough rambling, I didn't want to just say this song was great or I loved this song, because the set list was spot on. I cannot believe Jill actually writes this setlist beforehand?!
One bad note on the night, I HATE COLD WEATHER! Gimme the sand, the sun and an occasional palm tree and I'm fine. While I was driving home from Columbus today, it started snowing, forget that shit, I hate it.
There I left you pros and cons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds, bokb, machineDean, SunshineSue, 23atwell
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#87152 2 years, 5 months ago
dead_in_ky wrote:
Little chilly in the lot, but it was swinging and everyone seemed to be having fun. Security was surprisingly lax, on the inside as well. It was good to catch up with capt. tony for a beverage preshow. Ask him about my "ground score". Talk about good karma. Ha.

Be good people and see you in Indy.

Gary

In case Tony doesn't see this, I heard about that from him! Sounds like the karma gods awarded you with quite a main floor seat, just sitting on the ground. Very nice!Sorry I missed you, sounds like I was close to both you and Cooper, but didn't see either of you. Perhaps in Indy! But what a show we got!!

And I'm now going to bust the Captain, and tell the entire forum (or at least those in this thread) that he's just the nicest guy you'll ever meet!! Though you're right, it is a different experience meeting folks you've known on line. I was wondering about it beforehand, but ended up thoroughly enjoying it!!

Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by SunshineSue.
tlexvold
Junior Boarder

#87180 2 years, 5 months ago
[quote="tedray" post=87027]My first show too. To be honest, wasn't particularly blown away. I "got it" a couple years later. Oops, that refers to an earlier post about the 6/30/76 Mershon Auditorium show.

I was (blown away) and have been listening to the dead ever since... I thought it was interesting that they started the second set of that 1976 Columbus show with Lost Sailor > Saint of Circumstance too! Also a Ramble on Rose in the first set. I should have just picked that whole set list in Coopers game for last night 's show!
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#87197 2 years, 5 months ago
Bakes wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:
Shows on! Dealio to start

Hit the bricks. Your polluting this board. How do you like a taste of your own medicine?

this has to stop, neverstop. Give me a call.

No time to talk. I have to go beat my dogs, go see my pyschotherapist for my anger problems, perhaps get some lithium, go to my trolls anonymous meeting, and then I have a KKK keg party afterwards lmfao. 8 months of your attacks here, sending texts and facebook messages to my kids and now you want to talk? My mission here was to make people laugh. Now I have a new mission. We can talk on the lot like you requested totem, thundershouter, trollzapper, banneverstops_ip, bakes, and tiredoftony.

neverstop, neverstop, na na na, neverstop.

I have one username. I was Totem until you stalked me off the board. Are you serious? I am not these other users. Well , admitting you have those problems is the first step. Do me a favor and ignore me. The olive branch is out. No promises what is at the other end.....

More lies spinmeister. When will they ever stop? After you attacked the first time I caught you in a trail of lies and you slinked off in shame.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#87212 2 years, 5 months ago
Welcome Shell Shocked........and thanks for sharing.

One question, what took you so long to catch a show?
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#87233 2 years, 5 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:

Hit the bricks. Your polluting this board. How do you like a taste of your own medicine?

No time to talk. I have to go beat my dogs, go see my pyschotherapist for my anger problems, perhaps get some lithium, go to my trolls anonymous meeting, and then I have a KKK keg party afterwards lmfao. 8 months of your attacks here, sending texts and facebook messages to my kids and now you want to talk? My mission here was to make people laugh. Now I have a new mission. We can talk on the lot like you requested totem, thundershouter, trollzapper, banneverstops_ip, bakes, and tiredoftony.

I have one username. I was Totem until you stalked me off the board. Are you serious? I am not these other users. Well , admitting you have those problems is the first step. Do me a favor and ignore me. The olive branch is out. No promises what is at the other end.....

More lies spinmeister. When will they ever stop? After you attacked the first time I caught you in a trail of lies and you slinked off in shame.

Actually, you stalked me and I had to alert the family I thought you were going crazy. Seriously, I was concerned about you. Sending my threats via email, text, and your wife's FB page. That is why I changed my username. I do believe you are delusional. That is why I left the board. You are sick in the head. Get help already and leave me alone.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#87309 2 years, 5 months ago
Bakes wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:

Actually, you stalked me and I had to alert the family I thought you were going crazy. Seriously, I was concerned about you. Sending my threats via email, text, and your wife's FB page. That is why I changed my username. I do believe you are delusional. That is why I left the board. You are sick in the head. Get help already and leave me alone.

This explanation is hilarious! You should actually read it before you post it. Had to alert your family? Used my wifes facebook? My wife is sitting right here reading this, she says lay off the beer. You've been drinking since 5pm right? Tell everyone how you got banned from facebook for harassing my daughter. She still has them saved plus her reponse to you. I can post them for you. She likes to read this nonsense and laugh. she's probably reading it right now. So again, more of your pathological lying. Nobody's buying your nonsensical explanations. Haahahaha
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#87312 2 years, 5 months ago
Oh. Forgot to mention my wife and other daughter had to block you before you were banned for harassing Shannon. I must have hijacked all their facebooks in a conspiracy against you. Yes, im the delusional one! Hahaha
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds