• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
cosmic_sethy
Fresh Boarder

Re: Set List 11/16 Columbus, OH!

#87030 2 years, 10 months ago
Easy Wind!! Man JK sounded awesome on that, his voice is perfect for it and I cannot wait to hear it again. To get a BIODTL and a Cumberland in the same set is a real treat; the jam at the end of cumberland was real inspired definitely never heard it go there before!. It really seems like JK has become more confident since summer.

RE: Sailor->Saint opener for set II

If it were the nineties I'd agree as not my prefered II opener but this band can make any song the highlight of the show if they want. Thats the best Saint of Circumstance I've seen live! It's funny how expectations or deciding not to have any can tint the evening. They did a nice job on you never give me yer money too. Scarlet-> Fire -> Eyes was killer these boys can play so tight when it all comes together.

Yes anything CAN happen! Just gotta be in the moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, bokb, Terrapin Sedation, SunshineSue
shellshocked
Junior Boarder

#87031 2 years, 10 months ago
This was my first furthur show and had a awesome time. I didn't get my operator/pride/unbroken but still got eyes of the world. Lost sailor really surprised me I love that song and he sounded so good. I had a feeling this was going to be a really good show, the 2nd set could have been better but overall I loved every song. Hearing Bobby's voice really surprised me how good it sounded for someone who has been touring and singing for so long. Phil was so cool when he came out at the end also, I hope they stick around I need more shows now Peace
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by shellshocked .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, bokb, Terrapin Sedation, SunshineSue
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#87032 2 years, 10 months ago
PMoondancer wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
First review, more tomorrow if pictures turned out.
Incredibly first set, start to finish!! Deal was a rocking start, BTW was exceptionally great Bob was in very good voice (just listening again now); Easy Wind and High Time were surprises and great. John's guitar was so, so sweet and pretty on High Time!! Cumberland was really energetic, with some great raucous jamming, and Quinn kept everyone dancing hard 'til the break. Phil looked good and energetic all night, he does seem happy!
Sailor/Saint are a top 5 favorite for me, so I was thrilled to get them, but agree with Tapertsquare that they're not an ideal start to a second set. But as always the melancholy of Lost was eased by the joy of Saint, so things picked up quickly. But then it slowed down again with Money (got my Abbey Rd fix!). He's Gone actually had a lot of energy ("ten mile skid on a ten mile ride") and was relatively bouncy, so that kept things bopping along. Then came the Scarlet>Fire>Eyes, and they were just incredibly awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK was on fire!!! And Jeff. OMG, Jeff!! He is a freaking monster!!! His piano on Eyes was nothing short of genius! Seriously, one of the best Eyes I've ever seen, and I am including GD in that. Wow, just had me flying!! Could have gone home happy then and there!! Then Black Peter was a chance to sit down. It was good, as BPs go, though long, but the energy level had been sky high, even with slow songs, and that energy died out a bit after that. It was a very nice Wheel and Casey Jones, and I was expecting a Touch encore, and it was good, but the last few songs weren't quite as strong as the rest of the show had been.

But I dearly loved every single second of it! I even got 3 of my favorite "recharge your positive energy" songs in Saint, Wheel and Touch, so I'm feeling reborn now (except for my feet, legs, back and shoulders). Being back on the couch until Indy doesn't sound all bad!

And of course, the best part of the night was getting to hang out with Ecojaded and the Captain, and to meet RockinBob and deadontherivet (got the pin that's his avatar!). Forum folks are just the greatest!!

Sweetness!

Sue: thanks for the wonderful review. so glad you had a great time and danced your tootsies off! i totally agree with you about Jeff C... he is a monster on keys. i absolutely love Jeff C.!!!
Chester
More or less in line

#87045 2 years, 10 months ago
Great reviews everyone. It sure looked like a real fun show. And for some of you, it was your first! You caught a good one.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, rockinbob
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#87054 2 years, 10 months ago
Amazing show last night. Sue's review is dead on. I thought the whole first set was exceptional, bobby in great voice on black throated. Now this cumberland was something to behold. It absolutely raged. At one point, it felt like it was going to come off the rails, but that made it all the more exciting, and it was a manic and intense performamce. Sing along on Quinn was nice to wrap up the set.

Set 2 opener of Sailor>Saint possibly misplaced, but sounded oh so nice. Nice little abbey road ditty, then onto the magic. The He's Gone was outstanding, as it was winding down, Phil sorted of motioned to John, et al. "Hey, Keep it rolling". And that they did. The ensuing jam was blissful in a kind of Mind Left body type way, the groove somewhat familiar, but unique. The Scarlet>Fire was monstrous, John was "fanning" like a madman. Eyes took it further, Black Peter soothed the soul. And so on and so forth.

Little chilly in the lot, but it was swinging and everyone seemed to be having fun. Security was surprisingly lax, on the inside as well. It was good to catch up with capt. tony for a beverage preshow. Ask him about my "ground score". Talk about good karma. Ha.

Be good people and see you in Indy.

Gary
Right now, I can't read too well...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, captaintony, bokb, Spacewaffle
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#87060 2 years, 10 months ago
a great time was had by all !
still didn't meet any boarders though, anyone going to Indy ?
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#87061 2 years, 10 months ago
What a way for my daughter and a close friend of mine to have their very first show! They were absolutely blown away by the kind people, the scene, our Forum family that we got to meet ( Sunshine Sue, Ecojaded and couple others, you guys are THE BEST! ) and the whole positive vibe of love.
My daughter was just in Love with Lost Sailor and Saint, then she got her Scarlet Begonias<Fire<Eyes which she just couldnt stop smiling dancing and singing to. What a special night for sure. I really liked everything about the whole show, the Killer He's Gone, the opener of Deal, it really was all good. A nice lil funny part for me was my angle looking at Bob all night with his hair kind of flared back and up he looked like a cross between a mad scientist and our beloved Dancing Bears! That was cool and my friends around me laughed when I pointed that out. The only slight bummer for me was when i was dancing in aisles with everyone else, I was touch by " The Hand Of Hate" when I was shoved by a security guy for having to much fun. My daughter was freaked out by that, I just smiled and said that guy needs to be dosed so he can let some love in his heart before its too late and we all laughed at that. 1 more funny thing, we were in row J right behind row H meaning there was no row I for which I grabbed a security guard and asked him if it was an Ohio State thing, he said "there is a row I ", I then pointed out the the row letters and he immediately said" Sir I just work security here, I cant tell you that answer", and he walked away confused.. we again laughed so hard we almost peed our pants as I offered to make a donation to the building so we could buy a vowel and get the a row I.... HILARIOUSLY KILLER SHOW! Thanks Furthur, we will see you in Chicago!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, bokb, Terrapin Sedation
Chester
More or less in line

#87071 2 years, 10 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
a great time was had by all !
still didn't meet any boarders though, anyone going to Indy ?

Sue is going, as I'm sure there will be a few others from the board. I really would love to see some pictures
of all the shiny happy people I hang out with on the board, having fun at a show.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#87076 2 years, 10 months ago
I have a group of 4 going to Indy. We are staying at The Residence Inn in downtown Indy so we can after show smoke a lil and talk about the magic of the closing show. I will be hoping to meet some more of my family there and also Chicago and Madison too. Its a Furthur Thing
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#87109 2 years, 10 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:
Shows on! Dealio to start

Hit the bricks. Your polluting this board. How do you like a taste of your own medicine?

this has to stop, neverstop. Give me a call.

No time to talk. I have to go beat my dogs, go see my pyschotherapist for my anger problems, perhaps get some lithium, go to my trolls anonymous meeting, and then I have a KKK keg party afterwards lmfao. 8 months of your attacks here, sending texts and facebook messages to my kids and now you want to talk? My mission here was to make people laugh. Now I have a new mission. We can talk on the lot like you requested totem, thundershouter, trollzapper, banneverstops_ip, bakes, and tiredoftony.

neverstop, neverstop, na na na, neverstop.

I have one username. I was Totem until you stalked me off the board. Are you serious? I am not these other users. Well , admitting you have those problems is the first step. Do me a favor and ignore me. The olive branch is out. No promises what is at the other end.....
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Bakes. Reason: Psychotherapy couldn't hurt Keith.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds