• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Set List 11/16 Columbus, OH!

#86974 2 years, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i think sue is going to deliver a great review tomorrow morning!!!

Terrapin Sedation wrote:
She'll be so geared I bet she does it tonight.

Or more likely both!!

This is a hoot reading the whole threat from start to finish (if I finish!).
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#86975 2 years, 10 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Who can tell me about You Never Give Me Your Money?

OK, you must go get Abbey Road tomorrow!!!!! Your life is not complete without it! Seriously, Furthur aside, you must have it! Period!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#86978 2 years, 10 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Zipster wrote:
Oh Happy Home...I bet Sunshine Sue is dancing her little feetsies off right about now

Oh yes I was and oh boy do they hurt right now!!! (had to respond to that one before even finishing the thread!)

Sister Sue... i'll bet those feet hurt so good! get a massage, get some rest, 'cause i think your back on the dance floor for the next show... correct?

Definitely so good!! But luckily I have until Indy on Monday to rest up. Before the show I was thinking maybe I would catch a ride with a friend that's going to Chi/Mad, but now I'm realizing why touring is best done when you're young!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#86982 2 years, 10 months ago
First review, more tomorrow if pictures turned out.
Incredibly first set, start to finish!! Deal was a rocking start, BTW was exceptionally great Bob was in very good voice (just listening again now); Easy Wind and High Time were surprises and great. John's guitar was so, so sweet and pretty on High Time!! Cumberland was really energetic, with some great raucous jamming, and Quinn kept everyone dancing hard 'til the break. Phil looked good and energetic all night, he does seem happy!
Sailor/Saint are a top 5 favorite for me, so I was thrilled to get them, but agree with Tapertsquare that they're not an ideal start to a second set. But as always the melancholy of Lost was eased by the joy of Saint, so things picked up quickly. But then it slowed down again with Money (got my Abbey Rd fix!). He's Gone actually had a lot of energy ("ten mile skid on a ten mile ride") and was relatively bouncy, so that kept things bopping along. Then came the Scarlet>Fire>Eyes, and they were just incredibly awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK was on fire!!! And Jeff. OMG, Jeff!! He is a freaking monster!!! His piano on Eyes was nothing short of genius! Seriously, one of the best Eyes I've ever seen, and I am including GD in that. Wow, just had me flying!! Could have gone home happy then and there!! Then Black Peter was a chance to sit down. It was good, as BPs go, though long, but the energy level had been sky high, even with slow songs, and that energy died out a bit after that. It was a very nice Wheel and Casey Jones, and I was expecting a Touch encore, and it was good, but the last few songs weren't quite as strong as the rest of the show had been.

But I dearly loved every single second of it! I even got 3 of my favorite "recharge your positive energy" songs in Saint, Wheel and Touch, so I'm feeling reborn now (except for my feet, legs, back and shoulders). Being back on the couch until Indy doesn't sound all bad!

And of course, the best part of the night was getting to hang out with Ecojaded and the Captain, and to meet RockinBob and deadontherivet (got the pin that's his avatar!). Forum folks are just the greatest!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#86989 2 years, 10 months ago
sounds like someone had a great time...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#86993 2 years, 10 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:
Shows on! Dealio to start

Hit the bricks. Your polluting this board. How do you like a taste of your own medicine?

this has to stop, neverstop. Give me a call.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Bakes.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#87013 2 years, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
First review, more tomorrow if pictures turned out.
Incredibly first set, start to finish!! Deal was a rocking start, BTW was exceptionally great Bob was in very good voice (just listening again now); Easy Wind and High Time were surprises and great. John's guitar was so, so sweet and pretty on High Time!! Cumberland was really energetic, with some great raucous jamming, and Quinn kept everyone dancing hard 'til the break. Phil looked good and energetic all night, he does seem happy!
Sailor/Saint are a top 5 favorite for me, so I was thrilled to get them, but agree with Tapertsquare that they're not an ideal start to a second set. But as always the melancholy of Lost was eased by the joy of Saint, so things picked up quickly. But then it slowed down again with Money (got my Abbey Rd fix!). He's Gone actually had a lot of energy ("ten mile skid on a ten mile ride") and was relatively bouncy, so that kept things bopping along. Then came the Scarlet>Fire>Eyes, and they were just incredibly awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK was on fire!!! And Jeff. OMG, Jeff!! He is a freaking monster!!! His piano on Eyes was nothing short of genius! Seriously, one of the best Eyes I've ever seen, and I am including GD in that. Wow, just had me flying!! Could have gone home happy then and there!! Then Black Peter was a chance to sit down. It was good, as BPs go, though long, but the energy level had been sky high, even with slow songs, and that energy died out a bit after that. It was a very nice Wheel and Casey Jones, and I was expecting a Touch encore, and it was good, but the last few songs weren't quite as strong as the rest of the show had been.

But I dearly loved every single second of it! I even got 3 of my favorite "recharge your positive energy" songs in Saint, Wheel and Touch, so I'm feeling reborn now (except for my feet, legs, back and shoulders). Being back on the couch until Indy doesn't sound all bad!

And of course, the best part of the night was getting to hang out with Ecojaded and the Captain, and to meet RockinBob and deadontherivet (got the pin that's his avatar!). Forum folks are just the greatest!!

Sweetness!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#87015 2 years, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Who can tell me about You Never Give Me Your Money?

OK, you must go get Abbey Road tomorrow!!!!! Your life is not complete without it! Seriously, Furthur aside, you must have it! Period!!

This is for you FF67

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, fourwnds, Zipster, FurthurFlower67
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#87025 2 years, 10 months ago
Bakes wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:
Shows on! Dealio to start

Hit the bricks. Your polluting this board. How do you like a taste of your own medicine?

this has to stop, neverstop. Give me a call.

No time to talk. I have to go beat my dogs, go see my pyschotherapist for my anger problems, perhaps get some lithium, go to my trolls anonymous meeting, and then I have a KKK keg party afterwards lmfao. 8 months of your attacks here, sending texts and facebook messages to my kids and now you want to talk? My mission here was to make people laugh. Now I have a new mission. We can talk on the lot like you requested totem, thundershouter, trollzapper, banneverstops_ip, bakes, and tiredoftony.

neverstop, neverstop, na na na, neverstop.
tedray
Fresh Boarder

Set List 11/16 Columbus, OH!

#87027 2 years, 10 months ago
My first show too. To be honest, wasn't particularly blown away. I "got it" a couple years later. Oops, that refers to an earlier post about the 6/30/76 Mershon Auditorium show.

Last night was great fun. I thought the 1 st set lagged a little with black throated, ramble and high time all lined up, but great songs well performed. Deal, Beat it On and Easy Wind(!) were a great start, though. Six times seeing this band, they are getting better every time. I hope Phil and Bob are enjoying the journey, because it's producing GREAT music. Unlike several others on here, I loved the sailor/saint, John's solo was incredibly trippy. The transition from He's Gone into Scarlet was the start of an incredible run, and I include the Black Peter in that. It was a very powerful, rousing ending. All in all, a great evening of music, and talked to a couple long timers about GD music, new and old. Fun, fun night.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by tedray.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, bokb, Terrapin Sedation, SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds