• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

First Niagra Center at Buffalo Review and Chat

#84910 2 years, 5 months ago
I have not seen any other so I will start one and hope that many Furthur Community Members are going tonight and then this blog will be empty until late tonight or tomorrow...Wish You Were Here-Zipster

Oh yeah! I forgot, my first show was in Buffalo on May 9th 1977 just two weeks before I joined the United States Navy and spent the next two years in San Francisco and the Far East. I remember that show like it was yesterday, afterwards we went to the falls and climbed over the fence and sat with our legs dangling over a cliff and watched the Niagara River foaming, splashing, and cuttting its way through the gorge till the wee hours of the morning dew. That show was awesome and the place was only about half full, Jerry still had black hair, and it was long before the days of Touch of Grey...Donna Jean was still with the band and so was Keith, it was a magical night. I will be listening for that magic again tonight with full knowledge of how great this new incarnation of the band is; ah but alas remembering the past. Smile Smile Smile always. Moving FURTHUR on and on down the road again. On another note I take issue with being a Junior Border as I have seen every evolution of this band since 1977 and seen at least one show or more every year since.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Zipster. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: calliopewail
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

Re: First Niagra Center at Buffalo Review and Chat

#84966 2 years, 5 months ago
Hey Zipster
I'll be checking in periodically hoping for a link to a stream.
I live in Buffalo on & off (my ex is from there) & tonight is one night I really wish I was there.
I love that show from Buffalo in '77:silly:
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#84967 2 years, 5 months ago
ruby_claire wrote:
Hey Zipster
I'll be checking in periodically hoping for a link to a stream.
I live in Buffalo on & off (my ex is from there) & tonight is one night I really wish I was there.
I love that show from Buffalo in '77:silly:

Hey there! Once again kfender has stepped up to the plate and, with extra battery in hand, is planning to stream and bring joy to the forum. I believe 23atwell is scheduled to run the set list, but if he has a conflict, I'll start one at show time.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kfender1969
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, bokb, calliopewail, Ken , TMax
Ken
Junior Boarder
Ain't it just like the night...

#84972 2 years, 5 months ago
Much love to kfender.
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

#84975 2 years, 5 months ago
cross those fingers and toes for a stream!

kfender come thru! we love you
Hang your heart on laughing willow,
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#84986 2 years, 5 months ago
IT ISNT TOO LATE TO JOIN THE THREAD "BUFFALO, NEXT SHOW PREDICTION SET-LIST GAME."

I THINK WE THREADERS CAN ALL AGREE IT HAS BEEN FUN, AND I AM DOING ALL THE WORK. SCORES WILL BE POSTED SOON AFTER THE SHOWS OVER. TELL YOUR FRIENDS THAT MAKE THE "CALLS"...
Spacewaffle
Junior Boarder

#84988 2 years, 5 months ago
Zipster wrote:
I have not seen any other so I will start one and hope that many Furthur Community Members are going tonight and then this blog will be empty until late tonight or tomorrow...Wish You Were Here-Zipster

Oh yeah! I forgot, my first show was in Buffalo on May 9th 1977 just two weeks before I joined the United States Navy and spent the next two years in San Francisco and the Far East. I remember that show like it was yesterday, afterwards we went to the falls and climbed over the fence and sat with our legs dangling over a cliff and watched the Niagara River foaming, splashing, and cuttting its way through the gorge till the wee hours of the morning dew. That show was awesome and the place was only about half full, Jerry still had black hair, and it was long before the days of Touch of Grey...Donna Jean was still with the band and so was Keith, it was a magical night. I will be listening for that magic again tonight with full knowledge of how great this new incarnation of the band is; ah but alas remembering the past. Smile Smile Smile always. Moving FURTHUR on and on down the road again. On another note I take issue with being a Junior Border as I have seen every evolution of this band since 1977 and seen at least one show or more every year since.

Zipster. Thanks for the post. Taking nothing away from what is, here is to what was. I saw them in Boston on May 7th, 1977, two nights before you did. Awesome show ... what I can remember. At least I have the stub. To tonight.
Attachments:
A breeze in the pines and the sun and bright moonlight, lazing in the sunshine, yes indeed.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#84992 2 years, 5 months ago
I love that Buffalo '77 show. Possibly my favorite Peggy-O.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#84995 2 years, 5 months ago
Earth to kfender .. steeltown took care a biz today Now lets get this party started!!!!
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#85000 2 years, 5 months ago
I was in Buffalo fall of 81 to see the Stones ... they were playing Sunday we got there Sturday afternoon. I knew the dead were playing 5 minutes away but I couldn't get any of my lame crew of 8 to go. Stones were great... but woulda been even better with a gd show the night before.
Time to create page: 2.02 seconds