• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

Re: Set List 11/12/11 Atlantic City

#85477 2 years, 11 months ago
were they selling the posters there I did not see any ???? love that pic hoping they will come out with the fall tour tree on a shirt too love that one !!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Rhody
Junior Boarder

#85481 2 years, 11 months ago
Josh wrote:
The band was really, really good last night. And there was actual energy from the crowd that I haven't seen in a while. Everyone talks about how the crowd energy was great every night, but in fact, Furthur crowds aren't 1/10th of what the GD audiences were like. That's not a slam on the band or the audience - it's just a fact of life when the band leaders are a bass player and a rhythm guitar player who is so far down in the mix that you can barely hear him. Garcia WAS the GD, so we went apeshit for him and with good reason, even on off nights. It's very rare to have a band leader that doesn't play a lead instrument that can get the audience revved - How many have done it effectively? Buddy Rich? Gene Krupa? I'm sure there are more.

Anyway, back to the show - I had never heard "Welcome to the Dance" live or recorded and though I'm not sure I love it, it really caught fire. Slipknot! was epic. I was daydreaming when the second set started and the first note of VLB scared the crap out of me, LOL. "Caution" has gotten infinitely better since I first heard it in Brooklyn.

It was my first time seeing "Mason's Children" live and it was awesome. The whole show was excellently played and received - For my tastes in songs, both sets started super strong and dropped off, mostly because I've heard so many versions of "Bucket," "Throwing Stones" and yes, "Morning Dew" (I just don't like ballads that much). The double encore was really nice, especially because the Saturday Night was so predictable.

Great night - I had a super time. Thanks again, Furthur!

I have to agree with you on the above and will add that the Throwing Stones, while not a fav of mine, totally rocked like I haven’t heard before. Was cool to hear Bobby utter “Occupy Wall Street” during the song referring to the connection between the lyrics and the movement. Other great moments were the “out there” Slipknot and Ripple. Would have loved to hear Phil sing Ripple but Bobby done good.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#85483 2 years, 11 months ago
masons children what a treat !!!! the whole show was dancy I really had a great time the hotel was great too !!! see you all in Albany !!!!!! we will more than likely have to park our van across from shake down times union center tuned me down to park in front boo hooo!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by alilfurther.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds