• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Set List 11/12/11 Atlantic City

#84854 2 years, 10 months ago
I know they played ripple in 11-3-11
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by 23atwell.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#84858 2 years, 10 months ago
TMax wrote:
Oh man! Wish I could hear it!!!

I remember the first Ripple at Landover in 1988 - Now that was a show topper!

i'm not trying to be a jerk or anything i'm just a know-it-all type who'd never want to hear anybody repeat the 2nd statement you made. ripple was first played at the fillmore in SF on 1970-10-18.

the landover breakout was the first time it was played since bob's birthday show in 81 at the melkweg in amsterdam. also, it was never played again after that landover show. 1988-09-03

that's all
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
fred
Fresh Boarder

#84860 2 years, 10 months ago
furthur played ripple as the encore at sheas in buffalo last spring goin to show tonite sun what was set list latst nite know?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#84864 2 years, 10 months ago
Quick review before I head out to the Eagles game.

This show was every bit as good as the setlist. Epic playing all around with a profoundly psychedelic vibe in the second set. It was one of those shows that truly felt like a journey -- many worlds I've come since I first left home. Totally different from MSG, which felt more like riding a rocket. If I had to compare the two I'd say MSG was awesome while AC was sublime.

God bless Furthur.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, wlewis, SunshineSue
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#84946 2 years, 10 months ago
Bakes wrote:
I will break your fat ass nose Keith. Everyone, this guy is a psycho, just ignore him. I'll take care of him offline.

neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:
Twitter tweets me a Morning Dew

Just stopped in to let everyone know what a phony douchebag you are. His real personality is a mean spirited drunk. Back to work now...........

There's that meanspirited drunk personality I was refering to. Lol. I will not start a physical confrontation with you but i will finish one you start. I could clean you up in less than 60 seconds bro. Go ahead and try. What happened to peace and love? Just more of your lies on this forum.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#84947 2 years, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Bakes wrote:
I will break your fat ass nose Keith. Everyone, this guy is a psycho, just ignore him. I'll take care of him offline.

neverstop66 wrote:
Bakes wrote:
Twitter tweets me a Morning Dew

Just stopped in to let everyone know what a phony douchebag you are. His real personality is a mean spirited drunk. Back to work now...........

Please guys, don't mess with my happy set list place, OK? I'd really appreciate it!

Im sorry Sue. I was concerned about that but im not going to be bullied by this jerk. I will do it again but please don't take it personally. He needs to be treated the same way he treats others. He is tiredoftony, totem, thundershouter, banneverstop66ip, trollzapper, and now Bakes. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Beware
Ken
Junior Boarder
Ain't it just like the night...

#84969 2 years, 10 months ago
So, Mountain>Dew
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Ken .
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#84971 2 years, 10 months ago
Ken wrote:
So, Mountain>Dew

Too funny, it's the "Mountain Dew" combo!

Only the second time they've done it.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by SunshineSue.
Josh
Junior Boarder

#85282 2 years, 10 months ago
The band was really, really good last night. And there was actual energy from the crowd that I haven't seen in a while. Everyone talks about how the crowd energy was great every night, but in fact, Furthur crowds aren't 1/10th of what the GD audiences were like. That's not a slam on the band or the audience - it's just a fact of life when the band leaders are a bass player and a rhythm guitar player who is so far down in the mix that you can barely hear him. Garcia WAS the GD, so we went apeshit for him and with good reason, even on off nights. It's very rare to have a band leader that doesn't play a lead instrument that can get the audience revved - How many have done it effectively? Buddy Rich? Gene Krupa? I'm sure there are more.

Anyway, back to the show - I had never heard "Welcome to the Dance" live or recorded and though I'm not sure I love it, it really caught fire. Slipknot! was epic. I was daydreaming when the second set started and the first note of VLB scared the crap out of me, LOL. "Caution" has gotten infinitely better since I first heard it in Brooklyn.

It was my first time seeing "Mason's Children" live and it was awesome. The whole show was excellently played and received - For my tastes in songs, both sets started super strong and dropped off, mostly because I've heard so many versions of "Bucket," "Throwing Stones" and yes, "Morning Dew" (I just don't like ballads that much). The double encore was really nice, especially because the Saturday Night was so predictable.

Great night - I had a super time. Thanks again, Furthur!
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#85466 2 years, 10 months ago
love the poster a great show I got MY cold rain and snow sssssooooooo very happy !!!! now for thw next our albany show where we get to show off our sweet van and hoping to get to meet some of you at the show finally !!!! hopefully we will be serving up some sweet grilled cheeses after the show courtesy of our friends ang and shawny see you tuesday !!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds