• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

syracuse 11-11-11 full review

#84307 2 years, 8 months ago
Well well well where does one begin when a show is dynamite from beginning to the end. Arrived in Syracuse around 11 am. Wife and I went to a friends house who I went to LeMoyne college with. We had a small reunion with all my cats from my 'Dolphin daze'(LeMoyne is called the Dolphins). The weather was kinda craqppy. Cold blustery, but typical Syracuse. About 15 of us hung out for most of the day remenissing(sp) about the past. We all got on the bus at the CD in 1984 and were playing that show. I grilled some sausage and peppers and onions, had a couple good cigars, laughed and enjoyed all our conversation. Decided to go down o the venue around 5. Arrived and tailgated for about an hour and half. I just sensed something diffrent last night in my soul. It was as if it was 1984 all over again. Yet better because my lovely wife was with me. Had a few single malts before the show therefore my internal temp was smokin. Entered the old war memorial around 645 and realized the set up was terrible at the entrance. Funneled a zillion people into 4 lines where I was. Took forever. The crowd started to scream and people went into a slight panic. perhaps I showed my age, but I casually let them pass me by and we all took our time finiding our seats. Upper concourse directly facing the stage. Alligator was playing. I turned to my buddy Tim and just smiled and nodded my head. Again there was a 6th sense going on in all of us and we all knew something special was going to happen. Brought the security person near our section a hoffman hot dog and soda, pointed to my bottle of scotch, we smiled in agreement that we would not be bothered. Alligator flowed and his snapping jaws and teeth appeared quick from the whole band. Followed was a joyous celebration of last time. The band was smiling as if to say, we are playing this to drive some people crazy thinking we are done, but those who are in tune know it isnt so. The place was rockin immediately. The band was sharing somethign special fromthe beginning and the steam roller was not going to wait for those wo lag to get on. Reuben reuben reuben there is no other girl for you. Metaphorically saying their is no other band for us. The song flowed effortlessy will bring us slightly to the edge giving us a foretaste of what was to come. HOM followed. Played very very well.and literally brought us hig on a mountain. I cannot over emphasize how tite the band was by now. A beat was not missed in the transitions between all. Loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A personal fav of mine. Again we all looked and only nodded to each other. JK blew this one outof the field. Bobby missed the last line in perfect character and phil actually turned to him and smiled!!! Jeff's keys were white hot by now. His crescendo solos rang all the way to Rochester. Bringing us again and again one foot over the ciff and stoping us dead in our tacks. BEW AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this song. Nice little country twang going on and he old man phil singing his verse to bring more smiles and cheers. JKand JC sparred back and forth!!!!! Ducking and weaving each other. Phils bass bombing the place like a war zone. Russos had 6 arms I swear. He actually lead the band a lot this night. The leash was off. If the first set ended now I would have beenperfectly happy but I knew somethign was coming. I hear Jack speakign quietly earlier in the night and was waiting for him to pop his head out and BOOM here he is. We shared more than women and wine last night cats, w shared our souls. Every heartbeat was in sync by now. Jack pounded his way as good as I have heard it and just plowed throught the arena leaving us breathless. Is it over? NOPE!!!!!! Memories!~!!!! 1984 carrier dome----- REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The steamroller was just not stopping. The speed was so strong we were all lifted up to the rafters by now. Now folks I dont dance much, I sit and listen. Watch intensely and smile. If I fold myarms I am bored and ready for another song. My arms never folded this whole first set. Revolution reached the high peaks and left us hanging there for 10 minutes. Memories of 1984 rand thriugh ourminds and we all looked at each othr in perfect harmony and toasted too the band with cups held high. I was both mentally and physically tired yet wide awake at the same time. Again this 6th sense was permeating through me. I knew the second set was going to be one of those that is memorable. I looked to Tim and just said,"Old School" 2nd set buddy. You watch. He responded with a toothy grin, Dark Star and I said KSM for sure. DO not know why I felt they wouldplay it, but I just knew as if I saw the show already. We sat and did not say much. Just was amazed at what we witnessed so far.

2nd set review to follow.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, GKB, bokb, Daisy Mae, Tilnot, SunshineSue, bluetrainsugaree
Chester
More or less in line

Re: syracuse 11-11-11 full review

#84334 2 years, 8 months ago
Great review Newyawker. I thought the show was just fantastic. I wish we had met up. Are you going to Buff, or Albany?
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#84341 2 years, 8 months ago
Chester wrote:
Great review Newyawker. I thought the show was just fantastic. I wish we had met up. Are you going to Buff, or Albany?

i am planning on it Chester. We should have met up. I apologize for being absent on this with those here who went. I cannot multi task well and am beat to a pulp today after what I have done thus far. I flew in from NYC to syracuse, went right to my old house mates pad and lost myself of all other stuff for the whole evening.

Hey buddy, have you ever seen them and been completely filled to the brim? It happens every so often and I am there right now. what I have seen so far the past week is enough if I did not see them again til the spring.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by newyawker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#84346 2 years, 8 months ago
newyawker wrote:
Hey buddy, have you ever seen them and been completely filled to the brim? It happens every so often and I am there right now. what I have seen so far the past week is enough if I did not see them again til the spring.

That was the feeling I got last night. They seemed happy, and on the money most of the show. Very special night for me.
So, Buffalo sunday, Pearl Street grill. 4 ish. See you there.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
Mr. E. Space
Fresh Boarder

#84380 2 years, 8 months ago
The show last night was awesome this review is annoying you flew from NYC to Syracuse? What a waste of natural resources its a frigging 4hr drive at most...I hope its cause you have no car. The only problem with a show in New York is that its full of new yorkers
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#84389 2 years, 8 months ago
Mr. E. Space wrote:
The show last night was awesome this review is annoying you flew from NYC to Syracuse? What a waste of natural resources its a frigging 4hr drive at most...I hope its cause you have no car. The only problem with a show in New York is that its full of new yorkers

Here is a penny for the change you get for putting in your 2 cents. Have a wonderful night
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#84392 2 years, 8 months ago
The review would be better with paragraphs, giant blocks of text are annoying to read.
The following user(s) said Thank You: irishqueenie
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#84394 2 years, 8 months ago
Great review!!! Thanks Waste of resources? That plane was going there whether he got on it or not. The car would of been the extra waste.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Chester, Daisy Mae, Tilnot, doin_that_rag
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#84585 2 years, 8 months ago
you must a friend of Richie Rich
Blue42
Junior Boarder

#85151 2 years, 8 months ago
Nice job. I got stuck in the I 81 mess, but made it. Loved Loser/Brown eyed Women/Jack Straw. Good crowd energy.
Roll Away The Dew
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds