• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

Re: Set List Syracuse, NY 11/11/11!

#84182 2 years, 10 months ago
Sunshine Susie, let me say to all the naysayers about Bobby singing some of these songs; can you do it better? Although I have my resrvations about it too I thought Bobby did a great job and his voice was in fine form, plus I have been seeing these guy's since 1977 and Bobby forgets the words to songs all the time. One time he was so excited on stage he fell on his arse and it was so funny the whole place erupted, some in fear for his life and others playfully laughing along. Last nights show was special, I usually am not a fan of Dark Star but this one was played something special, it was a real mind out of body experience and I don't do drugs. Phil was incredible last night, he and Russo were driving the band faster and faster and some of the jams are impossible to describe. I hope somebody does a better job than my humble writing can deliver. JK and Jeff played back and forth tarding guitar licks and piano solos, incredible and worth every peso. The entire band was smiling(except Bob) and having a real good time. Hope to get to meet you sometime Susie, in love and music, Zipster
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, calliopewail, SunshineSue, Spacewaffle
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#84184 2 years, 10 months ago
Home from the Syracuse show. I will give a full review of the whole eastern leg I have attended after Albany. Let me speak on Last nights show for a minute.

They did not have a MSG hangover. MSG had the big guns of songs, but musically the Syracuse show may be the best show I have personally seen them play and in fact hear them play since thier inception. There was not one let down for me at all for the whole first set.

The second set was OLD SCHOOL. It jammed from beginning to end. Spaced out for like an hour. THe end of 2nd set, Sugaree>GDTRFB was rockin the war memoriial to the rafters.

Double encore continued to rattle my cage.

heres a couple of bullets.

Russo cemented his part in the group last night. Minii Drumz was from left field. I watched him all night and He is a beast!!!
Jeff exploded all night.
JK was on fire. Playing different sounds and shit with his axe the whole night.

I am in a fog at work and I will give a detailed review soon. Needless to say as critical as I can be on the band, the show was head and shoulders above the others I have seen thus far includign MSG.

One more nugget that moved me. I saw them do Revolution my first show in 1984 at Carrier dome. It actually moved me cats!!!!!

Ciao til later.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, GENTLEJACKJONES, Spacewaffle
GENTLEJACKJONES
Junior Boarder
Hmmmmmmmmmm

#84194 2 years, 10 months ago
I really enjoyed the 'cuse show from beginning to end. Good energy from the band and the crowd. As usual met some great people and had a lot of laughs. Crowd really seemed electric, the house was close to full if not quite sold out. Musically I thought this show was very well played from start to finish. Ahhhh hell...Newyawker said it better than I can. All I know is that I had a real good time and am looking forward to the other end of my NYS Thruway tour tomorrow night in Buffalo. I predict a Truckin'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
brownie710
Junior Boarder

#84197 2 years, 10 months ago
As my first show in years it was a great one, I met some wonderfully kind folks up in section 19, shook my bones silly, and remembered what it was all about. Thanks to everyone there for making it all happen. Overall thoughts....

Headed to the show I told my wife I need to go because you never know when it could be the last time... and then they played it the second song of the first set...love it when they seem to dovetail it to your own life.

Beautiful Brown Eyed with Phil stepping in for the soulful lines of " looks like the old man is getting on"

Smoking Sugaree, JK's guitar was on fire!

A awesome guy named Jimmy called the Eleven and US Blues for encore and they both rocked

till next time...thank you for a real good time!
kbrownva@msn.com
Fresh Boarder

#84213 2 years, 10 months ago
wow, what a show! Lucky people - I saw the C'ville show - superb!
Spacewaffle
Junior Boarder

#84223 2 years, 10 months ago
There are two versions of the show up on live archieve. Listening to one now. Sounds great!!
A breeze in the pines and the sun and bright moonlight, lazing in the sunshine, yes indeed.
Spacewaffle
Junior Boarder

#84232 2 years, 10 months ago
One of my earlier shows - Syracuse Sept. 28, 1976 - loved it. Wish I could have been there last night, but digging the archieve.
Attachments:
A breeze in the pines and the sun and bright moonlight, lazing in the sunshine, yes indeed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: calliopewail
Chester
More or less in line

#84340 2 years, 10 months ago
Hey. Irish queenie is famous! She's right in the center of the Dylan Carney pic. She had front row seats last night,
and I dare say, may have had one of the best shows of her life. I hope to see you on sunday.

Crap. All I can do is a thumbnail. Sorry. She 's there. Front and center.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Chester.
Chester
More or less in line

#84369 2 years, 10 months ago
A little taste of the Eleven from last night. Way cool jam. And honestly, it hit me all at once, they were playing it at 11 oclock.
I really expected them to fit it in the 2nd set, but the way they did it, just fulfills my faith in this band.

I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: calliopewail, FurthurFlower67, doin_that_rag
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#84387 2 years, 10 months ago
listening to the show on archives right now and I've got to say this may be Furthur's best show yet. They are on fire. No way could this be the last time. They're having way to much fun!
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds