• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Set List 11/10 MSG NY,NY!

#83672 2 years, 9 months ago
robberry wrote:
The Other One was incredible!

I was listening. It sounded incredible.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#83676 2 years, 9 months ago
So for my first of 7 shows on this tour(back on in Albany) I must say I am sooo excited for the changes. Not only does this band have it going on changing little parts of the songs, almost nuances, but they play with sooooo much vigor. Lets start with stage left - i think that is audience viewing right.... Anyways, Phils NEW (REAL OLD) Side. Okay, so we all have our opinions about Mr. Lesh and his "leadership" (Control, possessiveness, demanding, micromanaging, dot dot dot) and this isnt the point. I love Phil as much as anyone and he is the best! (dont care about how he handles the guys - ie. saw him scold Russo right in front of us last year in NYC as they walked off the stage pre encore and witnessed the spat with Bobby before the encore of New Years...) His new position is THE BOMB and he is dropping BOMBS like never before. Expect to see him with his back to the audience for over 50% of the show. Its wild! If you want to see the best of phil, sit center or center left (looking at the stage - old phil zone) because of his new positioning...

JK is getting so much more into his groove. He came from a leadership role in his last few bands to the new guy that no one had worked with. Quietly, he has become stronger and stronger each tour being allowed to show more and more of his stuff. John is an absolute SHREDDER and rarely ends his "set-off" ness by himself. He is normally pulled in by the senior staff members (P B and J(sort of) and still has gas left in the tank... (Money for gasoline call out of nowhere for tomorrow. Ohpps my predictions already posted - o'well - Join the Fantasy Thread!) John is a graceful host of guest appearances (Robinson, Warren, and Larry) and sounded spectacular vocally this show - was as animated as i ever saw him with his hopping, pointing to the crowd (even behind the stage) and even pointed to himself during the verse of Shakedown....("Me" verse) Anyways, JK was more the support to Mr. Larry C. tonight. Matter of fact he was the one who signaled Larry back on stage after Bobby's spectacular "Days Between". Ever since Bobby did this song with the Marin County Orchestra at First Fusion he has really done wonders with this song.

Bobby had more songs off tonight than usual because of the guests and the setlist. He fumbled on Ramble on Rose (The good part on "NEW YORK CITY") Another BOOKEND SANDWICH SHOW TONIGHT - how freaking cool the way they have been mixing things up. It makes my statistic analysis go goofy on me. Anyways, With Sugar Mag to open into Scarlet (they did this in the second set of Montant) Bobby was done for most of the first set. His vocals and rhythm were right on tonight. Big time. I thought he would drop a Lovelight to Close the 1st set - but that wasn't phil s plan. Phil was ALL Over this show. Probably more than I have EVER seen or HEARD. Including every birthday show run with this band. You can see or hear for yourself.

Ramble and Tennesse - back-to-back. Crazy wild stuff. Dont think this band has EVER done that before. Anyways cool. And Larry on Violin for UJB - nice then the FASTEST START to Eyes of the World I have EVER EVER heard. This song sounds like it is played a old 78 record speed. (Without the Chipmunks singing though) The speed kept Phil thumping and singing away till Larry's solo slowed it down a bit. Thats ok. I love Larry and his wife (hot hot hot - and Levons Daughter of course) BUT at first wasn't to excited to see them playing in NYC again. Decide yourself when you take a good listen. Eyes is crazy fast.

Phil is out of his mind in set #2 until Bobby s days. Check out the new other one lyrics "like in a circle". Love it, made me laugh and you can tell that Jeff and Sunshine like it too. Phil was dropping bombs on every song in set 2. During unbroken we had a CRAZY Jeff C piano and keyboard trip. Phil was noticeably impressed and delayed slowing the song back up to the break...

That was until after Bobby Days did Bobby find himself in a DAZE. We know back in the day Bobby loved those blonde haired pretty ladys (no disrespect to him or his family) but during Keep you Lamps.... he was dazed watching Teresa! She was quote a site to see during this song. I am attaching pictures for you to see yourself.

ANYWAYS, the DOUBLE SANDWICH close of FIRE on the MOuntain and SUNSHINE daydream was still unbelievable even thought we figure it would happen. Open the show with Sugar Mag close with Sunshine Daydream. Sugar into Scarlet? Fire into Sunshine!! (Almost into.....)

Attics was both voice AND music. Too any people took off early in the front 25 rows. Show some respect, They gave all they had but we still want(ed) more...

Anyways, off till Albany. Play the setlist guessing game on the GAME thread still in show reviews. Have fun.
Cooper reporter here up-close and not personal.... ova and out
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Cooper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb, SunshineSue
Ken
Junior Boarder
Ain't it just like the night...

#83681 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I was kinda wondering about Phil back on stage left.
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#83682 2 years, 9 months ago
ok T
DSC00550.jpeg

DSC00551.jpeg

DSC00552.jpeg

DSC00452.jpeg
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#83683 2 years, 9 months ago
DSC00441.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00454.jpeg

DSC00458.jpeg
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#83685 2 years, 9 months ago
DSC00465.jpeg

DSC00473.jpeg

DSC00484.jpeg

DSC00517.jpeg

DSC00561.jpeg
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#83686 2 years, 9 months ago
DSC00531.jpeg

DSC00532.jpeg

DSC00573.jpeg

DSC00576.jpeg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, sneakyjack, illuminaughty, SunshineSue
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#83693 2 years, 9 months ago
damn, what were gunna do before Attics in the encore?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#83695 2 years, 9 months ago
good show tonight, rode the good old train into town and just made the 12:15 train home by a few minutes, saving me an hour extra sleep/time which is a really good thing. I was suprised with all the repeats but no complaints, very well played show and although I think the 2 last year were better, the energy level at the Garden was the best I seen so far this tour. It was a pretty wild first set, not what you would expect at all - really cool transition >So Many Roads.

I havn't had the time/patience to do any reviews jutice latley but the shows have all been fantastic, now I'll be out by 11am heading up to Syracuse - about a 5 hour trip. It wasn't sold out tonight but it was pretty packed. The noise during intermission was incredible - just people talking, I was spacing out hardcore on it.

see everybody tomorow, but I wont be online until probably monday after I leave tomorow...
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#83699 2 years, 9 months ago
I don't know, MM. I was at the first night at MSG last year and it was truly fantastic. But I'm sorely tempted to say this was the best Furthur show I've seen so far. That's it for my review, people. Just go listen to the replay instead of me.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Time to create page: 1.00 seconds