• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Jasper
Senior Boarder

Re: Who makes the Set Lists for each show?

#82827 2 years, 10 months ago
I approach all these things with a grain of salt but…………………… I have had the occasion to cross paths with some involved and it was mentioned that at least with this past fall tour tour Phil and Bob were switching nights on drawing up the set list in a general sense. They each would then cast about with the others about preferences with lots of input, it I presume depends on what they are all ready to try and what they had already played. I kept track a little bit looking at whether it was a "Phil night" or "Bob night" based on who supposedly was doing this past fall. It was hard for me to really get a sense though at times it seemed to me I could get a "smell"of it at times.

I really know nothing more than that and I do not know even then how rigid they were with the effort then.

J
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Jasper.
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#82846 2 years, 10 months ago
Straws wrote:
gonisher wrote:
Hi friends,
I hope this is not stupid, I have followed the band since 1978, and I was at Portland on friday but here is the question. Who makes the set lists and when? Before tour, day of show?

Do they try to set it for the venue or State? Portland was very deep, not for a beginner.

Thanks for any input, enjoy the tour!

That is an excellent question. I have also wondered when the setlists are created, that morning, the night before, or at the beginning of the tour? I would love to be a fly on the wall of a "setlist meeting" with Jill and the other members of the band. I am sure Bobby has a say as does Phil and JK. It would be pretty cool to get you hands on the setlist before the show. It would be strange to know what they are going to pay next. You would certainly impress your friends......

I thought the same thing until Shoreline the first night, when we saw the setlist front row. Total downer! So much better knowing as they play/tease it!
Straws
Junior Boarder

#82869 2 years, 10 months ago
I hear you - I guess it would be like watching a football game when you know the final score.
Ride in the whalebelly, Fade away in moonlight, Sink beneath the waters, To the coral sands below, Now is the time of returning.
Straws
Junior Boarder

#84118 2 years, 10 months ago
Whoever writes these setlists - I thank you!
Ride in the whalebelly, Fade away in moonlight, Sink beneath the waters, To the coral sands below, Now is the time of returning.
drschuss
Fresh Boarder

#84187 2 years, 10 months ago
Matt Busch and Jill Lesh alternate nights. Matt is Bob's manager and Furthur's co-manager with Jill. Not asst tour manager.
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds