• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
decree
Junior Boarder

Re: 4/3/11 the Fabulous Fox Theater Atlanta Ga.

#8644 3 years, 6 months ago
bokb

thank you for so eloquently and beautifully capturing lightning in a bottle that was our Fabulous Fox Furthur experience, well done! Very much enjoyed reading this while the show pumps in over the headphones.

Headed off to read what must be your other two reviews from Hampton and Charleston, as we too did the mini-3-tour and I bet we're of equal minds on all three . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
ScarletFire
Junior Boarder

#8678 3 years, 6 months ago
ColdStealie wrote:
ScarletFire wrote:
Forgot to mention ... I coulda sworn I saw some Bozo on the street last night in a Europe 72 jean jacket. By the time I realized it, he had disappeared. Serendipitous! I enjoy the mysteries of life tho.....

Yeah I saw that guy while I was waiting in line to get in.

You gotta know where I come from to know where I been.
gratefulpanda
Junior Boarder

#8874 3 years, 6 months ago
Just wanted to share. For those who were there, relive for a sec and smile. For those who were not, a glimpse into something magical, with hopes to get to the next one. Great vibe, kind people, great scene, music was hot and steady all night. Some really special moments with "TLMY," "Deal," Prudence,"really trippy "Dark Star." Enjoy... Peace... NFA!
DSCN0159.jpg

DSCN0224_2011-04-05.jpg

DSCN0239.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, GKB, Warlock
jbyerly
Junior Boarder

#8950 3 years, 6 months ago
To BOKB,

Thank You!!! I was at N. Charleston and loved your summations of that show. This was just as great to read though I could not make that journey. I look forward to your continued notes on your Furthur endeavors.
Philzone Phan
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by jbyerly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
tours
Junior Boarder

#9031 3 years, 6 months ago
bokb wrote:
With "Wharf Rat," I could have been totally satisfied with the whole experience. It was something I deeply needed to hear and, oh so sublime it was!

haha i agree with this. i didn't see that wharf rat coming at all, but what a great surprise.

it was a little frustrating dealing with the venue security. i constantly had venue employees near me for all of the first set and most of the second set, and honestly i prefer venues with a general admission floor (pit), as cool as the fox was.
RiverRat
Fresh Boarder

#9709 3 years, 6 months ago
This show was my very first Greatful Dead / Furthur show....words cannot express the amazement that i saw. However i want to hear this again.....i loooked on the list of live show downloads and this is the only show not listed.

They have the day before and the day after...and from what i see every other show they have done. If anyone knows where i am overlooking this please provide a link this is something i want to buy desperately to have
Jerri1031
Junior Boarder
"End up strikin' matches / To better see the dark"

#9725 3 years, 6 months ago
RiverRat --

The show is over on Archive.org -- it is listed 3 times, however one of them is only the second set. I don't know which one sounds the best -- start here: www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-04-03.4028 -- you will see an option for "check for other copies" - just listen to some selections from each option to determine which is best ..or just download all 3 options!

Stick with Hunter's lyrics and your life will be enriched......
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Jerri1031.
RiverRat
Fresh Boarder

#9749 3 years, 6 months ago
TYVM jerri...lol now does anyone know how to download this. I dont see a download link (well i do) but when i click it it brings up a media player (notWMP) and just plays the file no download.

The others will download but are not recognized formats....sorry im a bit of a noob on this stuff i just wana get this downloaded to my MP3 player so i can jam in my car
Jerri1031
Junior Boarder
"End up strikin' matches / To better see the dark"

#9754 3 years, 6 months ago
RiverRat -- unfortunately I am old and relatively clueless in regards to all the technology ... there are people here who will gladly help you -- you may have to create a new post asking for download help since I am not sure how many people will see these posts for older topics. Anyways, there are a lot of help files over at the Archve --- here is a beginning: www.archive.org/about/faqs.php#Audio

RiverR -- it is great to see new people discover the music and lyrics -- you will discover it is an entire Unverse -- without limits --- teach others about the music and the lyrics. Here is Robert Hunter's archive: www.hunterarchive.com -- some links on that main page no longer work, however spend time poking around there and let other people know about it. Check out the links for his "Journal" as well as the "Index" at the bottom. Let us know if you are looking for anything in regards to Hunter.

Peace be with you.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Jerri1031.
Chester
More or less in line

#9758 3 years, 6 months ago
You can do it a couple of ways. Click on VBR Zip, it'll give you an option to save the file in a zipped format, you'll need a "WinRar"
program to unzip it. I think that should be MP3. If you want the flac files. You will see them listed individualy near the bottom. Click
the file and save it. After they've all loaded onto your hard drive, you can then convert them to MP3, with Itunes, or Foobar, or any
number of programs. I know it seems confusing, but once you've done it, it'll seem easy. I hope that helps.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerri1031
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds