• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: 2011-11-04 cumberland county civic center, portlan

#80388 2 years, 10 months ago
Sharing is a good idea. It is quite the community service to keep up with updates every show for one person. I would be willing toshare my time with you folks!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#80393 2 years, 10 months ago
Bakes wrote:
Sharing is a good idea. It is quite the community service to keep up with updates every show for one person. I would be willing toshare my time with you folks!

I was hoping you'd say that, Bakes!! Check out the sign up list I just posted, if you'd be so kind.
mhochman
Fresh Boarder

#80466 2 years, 10 months ago
That was a great show, First time seeing Furthur, And first show since seeing RatDog back in '09. Long ride back up the coast to Bar Harbor after, but at least had some good tunes. Not only was it a great show, But the folks around us were an awesome group, And had the satisfaction of getting to make someone's evening with a Miracle earlier in the night, All in all, one heck of a night! I'm still grinning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#80474 2 years, 10 months ago
welcome to the board sounds like a great way to see your 1st show
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
mhochman
Fresh Boarder

#80477 2 years, 10 months ago
Oh it was, Have seen many many Dead shows, and a few Ratdog Shows, but so far had not had a chance to catch up with Furthur, So glad that I did, since I've been waiting 27 years to see The Eleven live!
saume3672
Junior Boarder

#80806 2 years, 10 months ago
Went to the show in Portland, ME. It was a great show. The first set was great, despite some technical glitches. The second set, however, was one of the most impressive I have seen live. To put it quite simply, they jammed. The harmonies were tight. Phil had a great night and sounded as good as I have heard him with Furthur. There was about an hours worth of jamming to open the 2nd set that was a little jazzy, a little funky, and very trippy. I noticed that several people seemed to be floating in space during a few of the trippy parts. The entire set was just well chosen and well played. First time I remember seeing Mountain Song live and I enjoyed it.

Great town and great venue for seeing a show. The authorities were laid back and everyone seemed to be well behaved and enjoying the show. Plenty of great hotels and places to eat or chill. Looking forward to my next show...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#81034 2 years, 10 months ago
Just posted some interesting notes on this show to comare another.. Thought it would be good here too:

Last time they played Passenger, I was front row and it SMOKED and CLOSED the set! They have never done a Passenger>Cosmic Charlie to open a show or anywhere

Last time they did Come Together was during Phil’s last birthday run – Abbey Road Album on the east coast. That was 55 shows ago. (2nd EVER)

A first set Born Cross-Eyed only comes from CRAZY first sets. Played in first set only 6 times – vs- second set 17 times (almost 3 times more likely to see this song in second set)

The last deal, stranger combo? How about ONLY one time EVER in 2009 and that was the first Deal breakout of Furthur…..

Brown Eyed Women has NEVER closed a first set. Considering the CRAZY weather on the east coast – and the snow threats pretty cool closer! “Snowed so hard made the roof came in”…(Reminds me of the Cleveland GD show that I was at after the famous missed snowed-out show… I fought the law breakout)

Second set China Cat opener? ONLY done 3 times out of the 33 times this band has played!!! Also, skip ahead to have Rider close the 2nd set? A CHINA / RIDER second set SANDWICH, only been done 1 time before….

When is the last time you heard an early second set Stephen cut short by a 15 minute Dark Start with JK going nuts on a midi… Then to go back into a Stephen with Phil thundering like it had never been played and wont ever again (ya right?)

They have ONLY played Other One out of Stephen>Eleven> ONE TIME (I was there and it was off the hook)

They have NEVER played a complete Dark Star, A Stephen/Eleven and an Unbroken in the same set or the same show for that matter. Those three songs can hold their OWN on any second set during the tour. This would be more of a greatest hits combo then seeing them together!

They have NEVER done a Stella out of UNBROKEN CHAIN. And never gone straight into a Rider out of Stella.(They did a stop and go ONLY once)

So there you have it. A very unique show at the least! Keep it coming BOYZ.

11/4/2011 Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, ME
I: Passenger > Cosmic Charlie, Born Cross-Eyed > Crazy Fingers > Come Together, Deal, Feel Like a Stranger, Brown-Eyed Women
II: China Cat Sunflower > The Mountain Song > St. Stephen > Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > The Other One > Unbroken Chain, Stella Blue > I Know You Rider
E: Touch of Grey
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xonk
Chester
More or less in line

#81452 2 years, 10 months ago
I still think the Maine show is the best, by a little bit. All these shows are good, but that one was real good.
The second set in particular.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds