• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
ScarletFire
Junior Boarder

Re: 4/2/11 N. Charleston Coliseum N. Charleston S.C.

#7993 3 years, 5 months ago
Because was sweet.

I didn't get there until Cumberland and what I saw (every minute) was over the top beasting. Can't wait until the Fox - I won't have to stand in puddles of beer.
ScarletFire
Junior Boarder

#7994 3 years, 5 months ago
Think good thoughts!
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#8031 3 years, 5 months ago
First No More Do I since 7/3/10
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
ScarletFire
Junior Boarder

#8071 3 years, 5 months ago
Anyone else hear John whip out the Allman licks last night? Nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: williamlogsdon
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#8081 3 years, 5 months ago
maybe getting ready for hotlanta hmmmmm
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
jbyerly
Junior Boarder

#8141 3 years, 5 months ago
After jumping on the bus In 1984 with the Augusta, Me show I was blessed with 33 shows with a couple JGB in there. I honestly thought I would never see or here that undefined thing that makes a great show great. I had resigned myself to archive.org for memories and wished there was more. I saw Furthur in NH in Feb. 2010 and had fun. What I saw was not the same band. That show was as good as any show I have ever been to. The Beast is back and getting stronger. Joe is outstanding, he freekin rocks. Jeff is totally coming into his own. John is great. Phil & bob need no explanation. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Philzone Phan
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , Jack Jones
SHAGGYSAV
Fresh Boarder

#8145 3 years, 5 months ago
best st stephen ever great great great show been to the end and back again my friend.....
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#8176 3 years, 5 months ago
Thank you Furthur for an amazing concert! I was really fealing the love last night. Maybe the best crowd energy of the tour, though there were a lot of talkers, but none near me. Energy was off the hook though the band had a few rough spots, it was wild. I thought the sound was very good. Phil was finally loud enough after a few shows where I wanted him louder, though he was pretty loud in Hampton. Really wondering what will happen tonight at the Fox. Yesterday is going to be hard to beat. Anybody staying at the Stratford INN?
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#8296 3 years, 5 months ago
Gdtstoo hooked us up for this show. Front and center row 8 (g). Thanks elvis! Unbelievable jack straw. Really got it wound up but good.
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#8583 3 years, 5 months ago
How about part 2 of 3.... Hit the road from Hampton a little more slowly than we'd intended, we were on our way with hawks in the sky guiding us on. Listening to the Hampton cd's revealed my suspicion that, yeah, the sound at the show was pretty lacking. Phil was really muddled at the show, a lot of JK's guitar was droned-out, and Chimenti was virtually buried in comparison. Such a great show, I can now only imagine how even MORE awesome it'd be with sound like the cd. While the miles did not exactly melt away, the travel from Hampton to Charleston was not nearly as grueling as we'd anticipated either. Hell, the band has to do it to and then go to work for/with us, so quit yer sissy cryin'!

Yet another beautiful lot scene that had become familiar and home again after 24 short hours. Bright sunny day, warm and breezy, kind vibes all-around! A definite "college vibe" permeated the scene; wonderfully youthful energy, excitement, and amusing innocence throughout the lot, while a live band on top of a bus cranked out some sweet Pink Floyd. I could probably write an essay extolling the virtues of our Charleston sisters, but will leave it unspoken... Our "late" departure, however, required a short visit to Shakedown than we'd have preferred, but, hey man, the music ain't gonna dance itself!

We had some fine main floor seats in the PhilZone with a clear sightline to Russo through the very tall, very wobbly, very drunk guys in front of us (uh, dude, the show hasn't even started yet.....). A "Playin'" opener confirmed my continued impression that Furthur is completely, entirely, and totally unpredictable! Super sweet and jammy, it flowed into a powerful "Alabama Getaway," which further emphasized the "rock & roll" vibe I'd picked up in Hampton. "Dire Wolf" was so welcome a nice sing-along was had by all. "Big Bad Blues" has not yet grown on me, that is, until seeing it. Yessir, a tremendous space for JK and Chimenti to shine! "Cumberland" seemed to rise out of another excellent jam, and blossomed into a fine boogie-fest! My first ever "Deep Elem" was very much a treat, but I recall noting the aforementioned cloudy sound, craving more crispy Philness. "Magnolia Mountain" is such a great song and these guys just tear it up! "Jack Straw" set closer?! Oh my, and a blistering one at that! What now?

Halftime we roamed the venue searching for thin security. I got to spend some time with some of my family, all twenty-something and too young to have seen Jerry. It is remarkably encouraging to experience their enthusiasm and passion, and the sense that more and more generations are "getting it." I am so grateful to see that the torch is being passed admirably to capable and appreciative hands!

The "Sailor/Saint" opening was EXACTLY what I was secretly hoping for and, damn did it deliver! This band is so tight man, they turn on a dime effortlessly. Took me a minute to recognize "No More Do I," but dang! What a pleasure! "Because" was the Abbey Road offering tonight. !!!!!!(((((((((Jeff & Sunshine!)))))))))!!!!! A somewhat truncated "New Potato" mirrored my subconscious, tho I'd have really dug a fuller jam. "St. Stephen" featured some of the most powerful jams I've experienced in soooooo long! (It takes me great restrain to keep from raving incessantly about Joe Russo!) "Spanish jam" was ridiculously tight and seamless, a true joy to finally experience live! I'd been hoping to hear a "Mountain Song" on this run, and was treated to a glorious version which left me with huge smiling! Love that song!!! But wait! More to come? God, it's been a pretty long set..... "Help on the Way?" Really?! Woooooo, and off we go! AGAIN! Jeez, a hilariously spinning, slightly brief "slipknot" straight into "Franklin's Tower." See, that's the awesome unpredictability of Furthur, not only is closing the show with "Help/Slip/Frank" an unexpected treat, there's not even a guaranteed "Frank" to follow, so even THAT is joyous!!!!

A welcoming roar accompanied the first strains of the "Masterpiece" encore. Bobby was in great vocal form (and really has been). "Revolution" as the 2nd encore was obviously a surprise, and JK cranked out one more amazing performance to end the night!!!! Atlanta a mere five hours-ish away, we look forward to a nice, leisurely travel.
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds