• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Chester
Moderator
Posts:30695
More or less in line

Re: Furthur shows

#71372 2 years, 6 months ago
Just got done listening to the second night at Red Rocks. If you havn't heard it, I highly recommend it.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: Furthur shows

#72225 2 years, 6 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
i'm working on getting the Vegas, LA and Monterey shows ready for upload. Monterey sounds fantastic, LA sounds pretty good (most of the tapers were placed in the back of "B" section... not the best place, but not the worst). Vegas unfortunately is plagued by a crazy clapper who was right in front of the soundboard. if not for him the recording would have been excellent. i'm hoping he didn't get onto all the recordings.

anyway, my stuff should be up at Etree by end of week at the latest. i'll update the list of links as soon as they're posted. there are some real nice recordings already circulating from this tour and more on the way.


ok, got the last 5 shows from Las Vegas, LA and Monterey uploaded to etree. here are the links to those and the Eugene shows. by the end of the weekend they should all also be up on Archive. also, the crazy clapper in Vegas is not as prominent as i thought, and he can only be heard for a portion of the 2nd set. enjoy!

10/08, Monterey - bt.etree.org/details.php?id=549073
10/07, Monterey - bt.etree.org/details.php?id=549072
10/06, LA - bt.etree.org/details.php?id=549070
10/05, LA - bt.etree.org/details.php?id=549069
10/04, Las Vegas - bt.etree.org/details.php?id=549068
09/25, Eugene - bt.etree.org/details.php?id=548634
09/24, Eugene - bt.etree.org/details.php?id=548618
09/23, Eugene - bt.etree.org/details.php?id=548566
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by .
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5732

Re: Furthur shows

#72290 2 years, 6 months ago
captaintony wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
thanks for the heads up ive been slacking need to burn these shows to have em for the car andthe boom box yes i still use a boom box


Do you carry the boom box on your shoulders?
of course i need my hand free to carry my cardboard for breakdancing
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Chester
Moderator
Posts:30695
More or less in line

Re: Furthur shows

#72300 2 years, 6 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
captaintony wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
thanks for the heads up ive been slacking need to burn these shows to have em for the car andthe boom box yes i still use a boom box


Do you carry the boom box on your shoulders?
of course i need my hand free to carry my cardboard for breakdancing


Oh man, that just cracked me up. Lol
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
kfender
Gold Boarder
Posts:982

Re: Furthur shows

#73371 2 years, 6 months ago
I spent all day thursday burning the west coast run to cd's.78 discs in less than 4 hours.Great to have fresh music playing in the house
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: Furthur shows

#73584 2 years, 6 months ago
kfender wrote:
I spent all day thursday burning the west coast run to cd's.78 discs in less than 4 hours.Great to have fresh music playing in the house


78? holy cow, that's a lot!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: Furthur shows

#74012 2 years, 6 months ago
yeah even at 3 discs max per show that is only 39 discs...did you make 2 copies?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
gdedroze
Junior Boarder
Posts:48

Re: Furthur shows

#75449 2 years, 6 months ago
thanks for the music
beesaul
Fresh Boarder
Posts:3

Re: Furthur shows

#75531 2 years, 6 months ago
Hey guys. This is my first post here, but I'm sure it won't be my last. For some reason, I hadn't even thought about there being a Furthur message board, but I'm glad I finally thought about it and found it.

I'm a regular poster on week4paug.net (around 3500 posts), and I sometimes visit PT, although that place is kind of a joke imo. Unorganized, and full of trolls, with too many mock threads for my taste, and only 50% of the posts are serious/intelligent.

Anyway, I just finished giving the show from The Joint - 2011-10-04 a listen. I listened to the live stream, but kinda drifted in and out, as I had a ton of other stuff going at once. Surprisingly, I prefer the first set over the second. On paper, without hearing the show first, I would immediately assume the second set blew the first out of the water. I'm sure most of you would feel the same way. It was just something about the flow/song selection in the first set that really caught my attention. Although set II looks heavenly on paper, it was just a tad sloppy IMO, and at times felt like the guys were a little "winded". I really enjoyed the China Cat > Minglewood opener, as well as Maggie's Farm through China Doll.

I'm not a huge fan of Casey Jones, but it worked well here as a first set closer.

I'll post some thoughts on set II later, but for now, I'm going to explore the board a bit.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: Furthur shows

#75539 2 years, 6 months ago
beesaul wrote:
Hey guys. This is my first post here, but I'm sure it won't be my last. For some reason, I hadn't even thought about there being a Furthur message board, but I'm glad I finally thought about it and found it.

I'm a regular poster on week4paug.net (around 3500 posts), and I sometimes visit PT, although that place is kind of a joke imo. Unorganized, and full of trolls, with too many mock threads for my taste, and only 50% of the posts are serious/intelligent.

Anyway, I just finished giving the show from The Joint - 2011-10-04 a listen. I listened to the live stream, but kinda drifted in and out, as I had a ton of other stuff going at once. Surprisingly, I prefer the first set over the second. On paper, without hearing the show first, I would immediately assume the second set blew the first out of the water. I'm sure most of you would feel the same way. It was just something about the flow/song selection in the first set that really caught my attention. Although set II looks heavenly on paper, it was just a tad sloppy IMO, and at times felt like the guys were a little "winded". I really enjoyed the China Cat > Minglewood opener, as well as Maggie's Farm through China Doll.

I'm not a huge fan of Casey Jones, but it worked well here as a first set closer.

I'll post some thoughts on set II later, but for now, I'm going to explore the board a bit.


welcome to the furthur forum beesaul, we are glad to have you aboard...you are certainly not the first nor the last person who has come here seeking a more positive environment from other message boards..

as far as the vegas show goes, that's an interesting viewpoint, but i'm sure you're not alone there...i also thought china>minglewood was strong, but i thought the maggies was too slow and boring, including bob starting to sing minglewood, again...cosmic, welcome to the dance and china doll are all great though..i think casey jones has a time and a place, but it was a trainwreck on this particular night...

you're right though, on paper, 2nd set looks out of control...playing just seemed off, band was not into it, neither was the crowd.

i think rolling stone and liberty were my favorites of the night

hope you enjoy your stay here at the fabulous furthur forum
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds