• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Last Day of the Fall West Coast Tour

#70067 2 years, 11 months ago
well, the last day of the west coast fall tour is upon us. i love tour closers 'cause they're usually really rockin' upbeat shows, but the downside is that after tonight it's over. i haven't toured since the early 90s so it was fun to do some travelin' again, hang with friends and catch some good music.

of the shows that i saw i've enjoyed Eugene the most (so far). the tour opener on 09/23 was very solid, and then they followed with a real smoker on Saturday! i went back to Oakland after Eugene and picked things up in Las Vegas. despite some very negative reviews about Vegas i thought it was a great show. the 2nd set was superb. how can you not like a Viola Lee sandwich with Midnight Hour and Why Don't We Do It in the Road? i loved it. LA for me was the low point, but the Greek is a great venue and i thought the 2nd LA show was very enjoyable. the Time, Death Don't Have no Mercy, Ripple to end the 1st set was excellent. the I know You Rider, Other One > St. Stephen in the 2nd was also quite good, and i loved hearing the Supplication jam. the 1st night in Monterey was excellent. some ups and downs in the 1st set, but the 2nd set was outstanding! Dark Star > Caution > King Solomon's Marbles. yeah baby!

as for tonight's show, i'm going in with no expectations other than to have a good time and close things out with a big bang! song-wise i think we'll get a Help > Slip > Franklins, perhaps another Stranger, Loose Lucy, Alligator and Doin' that Rag... Bobby still hasn't done Masterpiece, Women Are Smarter, Beat it on Down the Line or Black Throated Wind so those may finally get played tonight. hopefully they work One More Saturday Night in before the encore. they haven't done it this tour as a 2nd set opener, and i think that would be a good spot for it. we'll see, show time is about 5 hours away.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Last Day of the Fall West Coast Tour

#70069 2 years, 11 months ago
Thank you for the review of your tour time! I only got to see the Eugene shows and thought they were the best of the tour. However I'm sure Red Rocks was just as good.

I know you are in for a real treat tonight! This one show just may be better than Eugene. Enjoy the sweet sounds that will fill the air tonight in Monterey!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#70073 2 years, 11 months ago
i wasn't at Red Rocks either, but i thoroughly enjoyed Eugene... great city, great venue, solid shows and extremely wonderful vibes. the scene in Monterey is also very cool, and tonight will be a lot of fun!
Chester
More or less in line

#70084 2 years, 11 months ago
I always got a pretty bad case of "Tours over blues". Took a solid week or more, (Usually more), to get back on track.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
kfender
Gold Boarder

#70103 2 years, 11 months ago
West coast shows really mess with my sleep!LOL Can't wait until November when I will be able to listen to any possible streams and still get to bed at a decent hour!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#70116 2 years, 11 months ago
dont worry boys NYE is right around he corner. and hell we mighgt get a one off gig or two from then
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds