• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

Re: John Kadlecik

#72988 3 years ago
I love them all but I gotta admit when bobby sang mission in the rain I was a little disapointed just a little though love you guys !!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74299 3 years ago
alilfurther wrote:
I love them all but I gotta admit when bobby sang mission in the rain I was a little disapointed just a little though love you guys !!!!

i wasn't too upset he was singing it as much as i was over him fumbling with the beginning segment
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
DarkEyes
Junior Boarder

#74389 3 years ago
Thank you StaggerLee13 for saying what so many of us are thinking. Of course this is Phil and Bobby's band - that is not in dispute nor ever would be. But lets say what should be said. With respect, BOB - PUT OUT THE BEST SHOW YOU CAN AND NOT LET YOUR EGO PREVENT THIS! Do not split songs - you have a hard enough time remembering the lyrics to our own songs. Please let JK sing entire songs. Besides the increased chance of screwing it up, it is has a discordant feel when songs are split. I know this band is about reinventing these wonderful songs, but keep it to the jams. This vocal experiment is not working. John has a wonderful voice, as do you. Showcase them both to the best they can be.

Bob - I love you. Please lets have these shows be the best they can be. Summer tour was so tight and masterful. There is no I in Furthur.

I know I'm going to get a lot of shit for this post, but I'm sure lots of us are feeling this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, rockinbob, 23atwell
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#74411 3 years ago
Ditto Burt!!!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#74412 3 years ago
Dark Eyes, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! Let JK sing whole tunes more often. His voice makes Jerry SMILE SMILE SMILE!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#74522 3 years ago
i like JK and think he does a good job, but Furthur is the "Phil and Bobby show" and it should stay that way. personally, i think JK already sings too much.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74558 3 years ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
i like JK and think he does a good job, but Furthur is the "Phil and Bobby show" and it should stay that way. personally, i think JK already sings too much.

trent, that is a very interesting viewpoint, something to think about for sure...

as much as i love phil and bob, i feel that sometimes the music suffers a little bit vocally and instrumentally at expense of it being the phil and bob show...i'm not complaining, i love furthur and i'll take whatever they dish out, but sometimes...
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#74573 3 years ago
wlewis wrote:
taper.tsquare wrote:

trent, that is a very interesting viewpoint, something to think about for sure...

as much as i love phil and bob, i feel that sometimes the music suffers a little bit vocally and instrumentally at expense of it being the phil and bob show...i'm not complaining, i love furthur and i'll take whatever they dish out, but sometimes...

i cannot disagree with your point. vocals do suffer on ocassion, and i readily admit it. i just don't think that more JK is the solution. many people in the forum disagree with me, and that's OK. i think it's great that JK gets a lot of love and support. i dig him quite a bit and think he's the best fit so far. if anyone needs to step up his game, it's Bobby (it hurts to say that, but it's true).
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#74603 3 years ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
wlewis wrote:
taper.tsquare wrote:

i cannot disagree with your point. vocals do suffer on ocassion, and i readily admit it. i just don't think that more JK is the solution. many people in the forum disagree with me, and that's OK. i think it's great that JK gets a lot of love and support. i dig him quite a bit and think he's the best fit so far. if anyone needs to step up his game, it's Bobby (it hurts to say that, but it's true).

Bobby does need to step up his game. Love you Bobby but I know you still got it in you! Don't hold back!

But T2 I kinda do disagree....idk if more JK is the answer but more JK would be nice! But I'm settling for the John K Band where he sounds really good!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 3 years ago by FurthurFlower67.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#74609 3 years ago
it's all good. i love hearing all the opinions and perspectives. these debates have been going on since the GD started... and the tradition continues (that's a good thing). it's evidence of how much we care about the music!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#74620 3 years ago
I still think your super awesome T2!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74674 3 years ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
wlewis wrote:
taper.tsquare wrote:

i whole heartedly agree with that
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds