• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: John Kadlecik

#74558 3 years ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
i like JK and think he does a good job, but Furthur is the "Phil and Bobby show" and it should stay that way. personally, i think JK already sings too much.

trent, that is a very interesting viewpoint, something to think about for sure...

as much as i love phil and bob, i feel that sometimes the music suffers a little bit vocally and instrumentally at expense of it being the phil and bob show...i'm not complaining, i love furthur and i'll take whatever they dish out, but sometimes...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#74573 3 years ago
wlewis wrote:
taper.tsquare wrote:
i like JK and think he does a good job, but Furthur is the "Phil and Bobby show" and it should stay that way. personally, i think JK already sings too much.

trent, that is a very interesting viewpoint, something to think about for sure...

as much as i love phil and bob, i feel that sometimes the music suffers a little bit vocally and instrumentally at expense of it being the phil and bob show...i'm not complaining, i love furthur and i'll take whatever they dish out, but sometimes...

i cannot disagree with your point. vocals do suffer on ocassion, and i readily admit it. i just don't think that more JK is the solution. many people in the forum disagree with me, and that's OK. i think it's great that JK gets a lot of love and support. i dig him quite a bit and think he's the best fit so far. if anyone needs to step up his game, it's Bobby (it hurts to say that, but it's true).
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#74603 3 years ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
wlewis wrote:
taper.tsquare wrote:

i cannot disagree with your point. vocals do suffer on ocassion, and i readily admit it. i just don't think that more JK is the solution. many people in the forum disagree with me, and that's OK. i think it's great that JK gets a lot of love and support. i dig him quite a bit and think he's the best fit so far. if anyone needs to step up his game, it's Bobby (it hurts to say that, but it's true).

Bobby does need to step up his game. Love you Bobby but I know you still got it in you! Don't hold back!

But T2 I kinda do disagree....idk if more JK is the answer but more JK would be nice! But I'm settling for the John K Band where he sounds really good!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 3 years ago by FurthurFlower67.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#74609 3 years ago
it's all good. i love hearing all the opinions and perspectives. these debates have been going on since the GD started... and the tradition continues (that's a good thing). it's evidence of how much we care about the music!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#74620 3 years ago
I still think your super awesome T2!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74674 3 years ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
wlewis wrote:
taper.tsquare wrote:

i whole heartedly agree with that
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#74898 3 years ago
I LOVE JK's vocals but totalyy get evryones point of view. The good news is that we can have this wonderful discussion at all!! I am just happy to be there when they sing no matter who is on lead. I think that Phil is doing just an awesome job on Franklins and The Wheel amongst others.. What do you guys/gals think about Phil and his Jerry vocals??
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#74911 3 years ago
I must say Phil's vocals are REALLY growing on me! At first it seemed really hard for me to understand him. But as the time has gone by Phil does an excellent job!!! I love when he sings! Might I say even better than Bobby?
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#74936 3 years ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I must say Phil's vocals are REALLY growing on me! At first it seemed really hard for me to understand him. But as the time has gone by Phil does an excellent job!!! I love when he sings! Might I say even better than Bobby?

agreed. Phil is doing a superb job on vocals (which kinda surprised me). it's amazing what a few singing lessons can do.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#76631 2 years, 12 months ago
I never really gave John too much of a listen, but I just finished listening to this show and he impressed me quite a bit. One thing I can say for certain is he's more talented than I realized before I gave him a fair shake. I believe his guitar playing is on a higher level than his vocals, but to be fair to JK, I probably hold him to Jerry's standards. Jerry used to flub a lot of verses, but his voice had sole. You could feel it. Maybe that's also a function of "growing up" with Jerry.

www.archive.org/details/jk2011-09-02.NYLifer.housematrix

JK directory on archives: www.archive.org/details/JohnKadlecik
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds