• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
furthuronuptheroad
Fresh Boarder

Re: John Kadlecik

#71503 3 years ago
i love johns voice. i didnt make it out west but john singing peaceful valley>stagger lee at red rocks sounds awesome!
Soul Singin
Fresh Boarder

#72457 3 years ago
Alternative theory ... John is avoiding the vocals to build a fanbase for his post-Furthur career.

But I doubt that's the case. I've seen too many occasions where John had to back away from the microphone in deference to Bobby.

So if Bobby really is muscling John away from the microphone, then it's only helping John's career.

Go John!
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Soul Singin.
not sure
Fresh Boarder

#72659 3 years ago
John kadlecik is like that old cruise commercial with that song "sail away sail away sail away" earily soothing yet really creeps you out at the same time. I'd rather he didn't be there at all. But since this is what it is, and i still love the music i'll take what i can get.
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#72662 3 years ago
Stella Blue in Vegas was Stellar! Stella.
Umm, I think JK's voice was the perfect trib to Jerry
God I miss the fat man!
Love JK though!
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#72988 3 years ago
I love them all but I gotta admit when bobby sang mission in the rain I was a little disapointed just a little though love you guys !!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74299 3 years ago
alilfurther wrote:
I love them all but I gotta admit when bobby sang mission in the rain I was a little disapointed just a little though love you guys !!!!

i wasn't too upset he was singing it as much as i was over him fumbling with the beginning segment
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
DarkEyes
Junior Boarder

#74389 3 years ago
Thank you StaggerLee13 for saying what so many of us are thinking. Of course this is Phil and Bobby's band - that is not in dispute nor ever would be. But lets say what should be said. With respect, BOB - PUT OUT THE BEST SHOW YOU CAN AND NOT LET YOUR EGO PREVENT THIS! Do not split songs - you have a hard enough time remembering the lyrics to our own songs. Please let JK sing entire songs. Besides the increased chance of screwing it up, it is has a discordant feel when songs are split. I know this band is about reinventing these wonderful songs, but keep it to the jams. This vocal experiment is not working. John has a wonderful voice, as do you. Showcase them both to the best they can be.

Bob - I love you. Please lets have these shows be the best they can be. Summer tour was so tight and masterful. There is no I in Furthur.

I know I'm going to get a lot of shit for this post, but I'm sure lots of us are feeling this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, rockinbob, 23atwell
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#74411 3 years ago
Ditto Burt!!!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#74412 3 years ago
Dark Eyes, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! Let JK sing whole tunes more often. His voice makes Jerry SMILE SMILE SMILE!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#74522 3 years ago
i like JK and think he does a good job, but Furthur is the "Phil and Bobby show" and it should stay that way. personally, i think JK already sings too much.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds