• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

Re: John Kadlecik

#70549 2 years, 10 months ago
It is definitely the Phil, And Bob show. If you look at recent ads,posters and merch it says Phil Lesh and Bob Weir. There is no mention of JK, Jeff or John. That being said I wish they would let JK sing all the Jerry tunes. He not only sounds, and plays like Jerry, but sometimes channels a little of that magic as well.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#70551 2 years, 10 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I love John! It's Phil and Bobby's band. They call the shots. We should just sit back and enjoy...

If you are searching for more John. I found this awesome John K Band recording on archive. Very good stuff here. Recommend giving it a listen!

www.archive.org/details/jk2011-09-02.NYLifer.housematrix

thanks for the link. John K band sounds pretty good.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#71087 2 years, 10 months ago
i love JK probably more than most i've been a big fan of his since i first saw him in DSO that being said i think we are pretty lucky they let him sing as much as he does. I would enjoy hearing him sing all of the jerry tunes but i think we are lucky bob lets him sing 5-6 times in a show, so i'm content more than his singing i wish they would turn him up in the mix a little bit and give him free reign on the guitar let him out of the cage, that being said i don't even know if phil and bob have john on a leash or if JK kinda holds himself back playing more conservatively not wanting to go too far out on the limb in front of phil and bob
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Walstib1957
Fresh Boarder
Iko Iko All Day

#71124 2 years, 10 months ago
I love John's voice, and I think he should sing a bit more. I was a bit turned off when I first saw Ratdog, with Bobby singing every Dead song. That said; I'm at the shows for the community, the band, the music, and the vibe. If John sings a bit more, that's icing on the cake.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#71133 2 years, 10 months ago
Loving John!!!!!

Will not change nor budge on that.

Still have no complaints with Furthur, just loving every min of it.

Critics are what they are> just critical.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#71208 2 years, 10 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
i love JK probably more than most i've been a big fan of his since i first saw him in DSO that being said i think we are pretty lucky they let him sing as much as he does. I would enjoy hearing him sing all of the jerry tunes but i think we are lucky bob lets him sing 5-6 times in a show, so i'm content more than his singing i wish they would turn him up in the mix a little bit and give him free reign on the guitar let him out of the cage, that being said i don't even know if phil and bob have john on a leash or if JK kinda holds himself back playing more conservatively not wanting to go too far out on the limb in front of phil and bob

obviously i don't know for sure, but my gut feeling is that Bobby keeps JK on a tight leash in terms of vocals. however, based on my observation i think JK has the green light to tear it up on guitar. if he ever holds back on guitar i think it's his own doing.
Chester
More or less in line

#71266 2 years, 10 months ago
I've been really digging what Johns been doing lately. Particularly with the transitional jams between songs.
It's like, thats his area to really let go. Also, he and Jeff really are playing very well off each other lately.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#71345 2 years, 10 months ago
gdedroze wrote:
I respect ur opinion , but come on`~The songs u hear and the vibes u feel, doesnt matter who sings them. Enjoy the incident~~

True...but it does make a difference, I wouldn't go so far to say "it doesn't matter who sings them".
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#71355 2 years, 10 months ago
gdedroze wrote:
Enjoy the incident~~

was that a String Cheese reference to describe a Furthur show?
seveallday
Fresh Boarder

#71360 2 years, 10 months ago
Let John sing! Yes I know that it is Bob and Phil's band and I respect that entirely. They have earned the right to do whatever they want since its their's. Really though listening to something like Black Peter in Bobby's spoken word just doesn't work for me. I then have to wait for the lyrics to end and continue to enjoy the jams between lyrics. The voice and tone of a song like this just doesn't work with Bobby. If Phil wants to sing EYES I am okay with that it is an anthem. Even Days Between I can almost handle Bob and his right to reflect into the song what it means to him and the band.

I do agree that if they just gave JK about 7 or so more Jerry tunes to take we could be closer to the middle. Just my thoughts on the subject. I will continue to enjoy when they are around and go and see them on a trip once or twice a year as well. Overall love it but opinion runs rampent with us heads!!!

Peace and love to all!
All night pouring but not a drop on me
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds