• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
StaggerLee13
Junior Boarder

John Kadlecik

#69990 2 years, 9 months ago
Why is John k. Only singing 3-5 songs in an entire show???...Bobby gets 10-13 songs and phil gets 2-4 songs?????and the duettes are throwing John and Bobby off...John dosent know when to sing and when bobby sings???(like china cat)

Come on guys!!! we love you phil and we love you bobby.....But dont get to greedy!!! Let the kid sing 8 songs in a show!!

i take this band with a grain of salt..and i am beyond glad phil and bobby are getting along..but give the kid a FAIR oppertunity. Let JK sing,

Stop the duettes.... i know some people are going to disagree with this...... but i guess this is just an opinion..........
------it seems bobby is slowly working his way to sing an entire show without JK...do we all remember RAT DOG?? we already heard it from Bobby..and phil and friends....Neither of those bands made a very big crowd. Now that they have John and they can draw a big crowd, it seems as though they are steeling the thunder a little bit...I know bobby isn't jealous of this kid getting attention.. i mean you are bob f-ing weir, and everyone knows it

Let the kid shine...cut him loose...John K. has great taelnt and a great voice so lets hear it more than 3 times in a show

-i know some people agree with this and are afraid to admit it... it took me a long time to say this because i was cool with it for while..but just while looking at the setlists for the last 3 shows in particular, i realized John isnt singing but 3 and 4 songs...

All i really want to say is: dont let this go too far Bobby..Get over yourself!!! but i love you nonetheless and i will continue to see furthur until they cant play anymore.. I just want to see John Kadlecik shine a little more light on some of theese shows...as he has before at select few...
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: John Kadlecik

#70018 2 years, 9 months ago
i respect your opinion, but i think JK's allocation of vocals is just fine. for me it gets a little weird when he sings too much. the "duets" as you call them do need to be tighter... Bobby screws those up on a regular basis, but i like the vocal arrangements on songs like China Cat and Dark Star.
Graybeard
Fresh Boarder

#70020 2 years, 9 months ago
John is superb all the way around. There is alot of experience that is being gained by him. His time will come.
US Blues
Fresh Boarder

#70157 2 years, 9 months ago
StaggerLee13 wrote:
Now that they have John and they can draw a big crowd

Friend, the big crowd isn't because of John K., this isn't DSO on steroids, this is Phil and Bobby together.

God Bless Phil Lesh.
gdedroze
Junior Boarder

#70172 2 years, 9 months ago
I respect ur opinion , but come on`~The songs u hear and the vibes u feel, doesnt matter who sings them. Enjoy the incident~~
gdedroze
Junior Boarder

#70174 2 years, 9 months ago
God bless the grateful dead`~
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#70466 2 years, 9 months ago
Don't trip your not alone. I feel the exact same. JK is helping in making these shows cause if it was anyone else like Warren I wouldn't be as much into it. I wouldn't be going out of state. I wouldn't be listing to any of it on my iPod, it would be all gd. I listen to some furthur and it's cause it's JK. Turn him up turn him loose and give the guy the respect and I dont care what anybody says JK has a huge part in furthur.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#70468 2 years, 9 months ago
gdedroze wrote:
I respect ur opinion , but come on`~The songs u hear and the vibes u feel, doesnt matter who sings them. Enjoy the incident~~

It does matter who sings those songs. It's different feeling completely when you hear phil singing Franklin than hearing Jerry. Black peter, I would feel different if John sang that than Bobby. I think bob and phil need to let john play like Jerry did.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#70470 2 years, 9 months ago
I agree but not only some of the Jerry stuff,Like Breath,Phil struggles,let Jeff have it.The Brent stuff,Just a little light ,John didn't really pull that off for me.I'm not a big Warren fan but ,he nailed that song.
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#70533 2 years, 9 months ago
I love John! It's Phil and Bobby's band. They call the shots. We should just sit back and enjoy...

If you are searching for more John. I found this awesome John K Band recording on archive. Very good stuff here. Recommend giving it a listen!

www.archive.org/details/jk2011-09-02.NYLifer.housematrix
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds