• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
bemydemon
Fresh Boarder

Re: Set List Fri 10/7 Monterey Fairgrounds

#70098 2 years, 11 months ago
Hey now, everyone! Newbie here on the forum. Been on the bus since '87, now on the Furthur bus fo sho. I went to the Shoreline shows in June with my 11yo son and we're both doing Monterey since it's in our backyard. Nothing makes me happier than watching him boogie his ass off right next to me. He's even calling songs now, I've taught him well .

I'm constantly amazed at how locked in the boys are. Sure, there are occasional hiccups but that just makes me love 'em even more. You can't always have everything "just exactly perfect." I love how they're constantly pulling chestnuts out of the catalog and playing the hell out of them. Last night's Playin>Dark Star>Caution>King Solomon's was breathtaking. I really dig how they split up the Dark Star verses then sang in unison on the last one. Incredible.

If I remember correctly, Bobby remarked last night about the fact that they hadn't played the Monterey Fairgrounds in 44 years, since Monterey Pop. I wasn't old enough to attend that, but I've watched the movie many times and its pretty funny how the place hasn't changed a bit! Yes, it's got that "livestock pen" feel, but the place just oozes history. I saw Dylan there in August 2010 and I have to say, it wasn't as enjoyable to me as Furthur. Dylan, of course was amazing, but the seating was assigned and the sea of folding chairs just made for a rigid, claustrophobic experience. I much prefer general admission. We got in at 6:45 last night and were able to set up camp a few yards from the stage. Can't remember ever getting to do that back in the peak days of the Dead.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Looking forward to tonight. Wish everyone could be there.

Thanks for listening.

Whit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub, bluetrainsugaree
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#70099 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks for the post, Whit, and welcome!! Enjoy tonight as well!
Tiki Mon
Junior Boarder

#70491 2 years, 11 months ago
Friday view from the floor
Attachments:
ChinaRider13
Fresh Boarder

#179017 2 years, 1 month ago
a
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by ChinaRider13.
ChinaRider13
Fresh Boarder

#179018 2 years, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
It always amuses me when an otherwise peace-loving crowd cheers at "If I had me a shotgun, I'd blow you straight to hell!"

Where Have I heard this before?
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds