• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Set List Thurs. 10/6 The Greek, LA

#69501 3 years ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
I got vws ad after Jerry died a pencil drawing of a crying hippie bus.

Thats all folks. Till monteray.
Good night

Travel safely and thanks again!!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#69502 3 years ago
Yes, God bless Furthur.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#69503 3 years ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
Got my first grateful dead tattoo today, lucky doesn't describe how I feel.
Blessed

Congrats dude welcome to the club

Attachment 2011-07-27 21.05.52.jpg not found

The voices tell me what to say
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#69517 3 years ago
So it was Mountain Song ----- still no High On A Mountain this tour...

great looking set. SSDD or Cryptical would of went nice to, to bad for the curfew
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#69519 3 years ago
MushroomMan wrote:

great looking set. SSDD or Cryptical would of went nice to, to bad for the curfew

Exactly what i was talking baout in the other thread MM. Why not start the show earlier? Is this whole curfew stuff something new I dont remember it 25 years ago
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Lands End Drums
Fresh Boarder

#69532 3 years ago
Well now, wow! 6 hours of sleep over the last 2 days but it's all worth it! Last night, the magic was there again!

Crowd was a bit of a bummer around us, had to move around quite a bit to find an area where people weren't there an an excuse to just get high and talk with friends. Pay attention to the music people! The guy behind me leaning forward an dpuking on my seat made me realize I can hurdle rows like an Olympic athlete!

But the show!!! Sugar Magnolia was pretty off IMO, felt forced, lacking energy and there was just something not quite right about it. But then Cassidy!! Wow!!! Does it get any better than that?!? Colors Of The Rain I wasn't familiar with, found it pretty enjoyable, anytime Phil sings anything is special no? Here Comes Sunshine took me by surprise, bit rough at first but found it's footing at the end there, very nice! Is there a song in the universe with a more beautiful melody? Peaceful Valley was also a new one to me, again I enjoyed it very much. And then things really transcended with Time! I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan (even had a Floyd cover band a couple decades ago) and this was just absolutely beautiful but the Death Don't was just exactly perfect, chilling, beautiful and then Ripple to top it off, we knew exactly who the band was playing for. Doesn't get better than this.

Short(er) break and we're off with Dear Mr. Fantasy and into The Wheel, love this arrangement of The Wheel, was a big highlight for me, of course the whole show was one long highlight! UJB great as expected, Mountain Song was wonderful and then the Rider out of the blue was a real nice surprise, little unfinished business from Vega$! Other One with Phil dropping bombs, heaven, what else could they play this evening but Saint Stephen? Dancing like a maniac nice to be brought down to Earth with an absolutely beautiful So Many Roads, sweet jam into the UJB reprise and nice to know we'd have time for a proper encore! What other way to cap off this evening but a beautiful Attics?

I'm sitting here in the office with a big 'ol smile! It's not dementia due to lack of sleep, honest!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer
ryandbc
Fresh Boarder

#69537 3 years ago
Thought first night was a lot better personally. I noticed a lot more talking, less dancing last night from the crowd (just an overall sense that the band was clunking around a bit and getting lost, and the crowd around me was getting bored). First set sounded pretty rough to me overall, with exceptions. 2nd set made up for it, and things came together.

A nice mellow time, which was needed after a full on party on Wed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#69549 3 years ago
Isn't just a lack of energy period in the west coast shows. If always thought east coast shows are filled with so much more energy period. My opinion only.
GOOD LOVE
ryandbc
Fresh Boarder

#69552 3 years ago
This is only my third West Coast show. I can say that is probably true. The CA shows remind me of my home state shows back in CT. A bit older a bit more mellow. But I do think in this case up until the ripping second set, that the first clunked around a bit compared to the first night hehe.

But I have thought that before and been dead wrong upon listening to the recording. So I'm gonna reserve full judgement till they are up =) But energy wise - the first night was really electric. Best Further show I have seen in the last 3 or so shows.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ryandbc.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#69572 3 years ago
newyawker wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:

Exactly what i was talking baout in the other thread MM. Why not start the show earlier? Is this whole curfew stuff something new I dont remember it 25 years ago

I think outdoor venues have always had them. I had a friend that lived within earshot of Pine Knob, and apparently neighbors were always waiting to complain if a band went one note after curfew, which I think was 10:45 then.
I completely agree with an earlier start time, though. Maybe like 3 or 4 pm, for the sake of the Eastern time zone?!
FareTheWell
Fresh Boarder

#69606 3 years ago
Hello Friends,

Per curfew questions- you may or may not know..The Greek Theatre is nestled in Griffith Park (Los Feliz) in a residential part of the Park. The Locals have multimillion dollar homes and are granted an 11:00PM curfew.

I guess buying a million dollar in Los Feliz home grants you certain rights as a home owner- whatever!

Again, last night was solid through and through.

Rumors were being spread of Merle Haggard & Kris Kristofferson duo in the house (playing the Greek tonight, 10/07). Would have been special to see these old ‘timers with Furthur ensemble covering the classics.

Another side note per lack of energy- "lack of energy"= better West Coast pot, thus more people are focused on the SOUND and music. However, all LA shows have the entertainment industry "freebies" that come to be seen and heard rather than to SEE and HEAR....IMO

Lot's of loony tunes running around the isles of the Greek- good times!

Cheers!
..ain't going to be treated this ole way.
Chester
More or less in line

#69610 3 years ago
Great to hear all the different views on the shows. Thanks.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds