• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Set List Wed. 10/5 The Greek, LA

#69032 2 years, 9 months ago
looks like no time for Not Fade Away...
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#69042 2 years, 9 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
looks like no time for Not Fade Away...

No sharpie?
GOOD LOVE
Lands End Drums
Fresh Boarder

#69065 2 years, 9 months ago
Wow! Last night was incredible. Music started out a little rough but recovered greatly in the end and it just never let up. Many moments where that old magic hit me again. Now, looking at it on paper, the question is how do they follow that up? It's funny, my friends and I were making all our predictions before the show and we were almost universally wrong (I called Terrapin and Days Between, my faovirte GD song period, and my favorite Jerry ballad!) I've been purposely avoiding setlists, I want to be completely surprised, and last night every song was a complete surprise (well, except for Saint! LOL)

Got home at 1AM, had to get up at 5AM for work, gonna be a zombie tomorrow morning!!!

Can't wait for tonite!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
ryandbc
Fresh Boarder

#69069 2 years, 9 months ago
I had a really good time at this one. I'll have to listen back to the music to make sure I was hearing, what I thought I was hearing But this particular show had me dancing all over that theater. I actually loved the Days Between. Ran into nothing but good people. Just one of those shows where everything seems to come together. My face is sore from smiling so much. On to night 2!
ryandbc
Fresh Boarder

#69070 2 years, 9 months ago
I hear ya lands end. I had to get up at 7am. 5am is really rough. Good Luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lands End Drums
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#69087 2 years, 9 months ago
here's my 2 cents for last night's show. good 1st set song selection... a very enjoyable Cumberland, good Jack Straw, and it's always good to hear New Speedway. a few stumbles along the way (especially with Music Never Stopped), but i liked the set. in the 2nd set i liked the Eyes very much, and the Terrapin was very solid. but on the whole the show lacked energy and the band seemed very flat. by comparison i thought the Vegas show was much better (i'm really surprised that the Vegas show is getting such negative reviews).

anyway, on to day 2 at the Greek. i expect the band to pick things up a notch tonight with more energy and a more rockin' vibe. i'd really like a good dancin' show tonight.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by .
nastero
Junior Boarder

#69098 2 years, 9 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
here's my 2 cents for last night's show. good 1st set song selection... a very enjoyable Cumberland, good Jack Straw, and it's always good to hear New Speedway. a few stumbles along the way (especially with Music Never Stopped), but i liked the set. in the 2nd set i liked the Eyes very much, and the Terrapin was very solid. but on the whole the show lacked energy and the band seemed very flat. by comparison i thought the Vegas show was much better (i'm really surprised that the Vegas show is getting such negative reviews).

anyway, on to day 2 at the Greek. i expect the band to pick things up a notch tonight with more energy and a more rockin' vibe. i'd really like a good dancin' show tonight.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I don't know if the chilly night had anything to do with it, but it is supposed to be nicer tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Lands End Drums
Fresh Boarder

#69161 2 years, 9 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:

Definitely was a mellower evening all in all, but from my vantage point there was no lack of energy. Can't wait for tonite, one more hour of work and I'm off on my journey. Energy level is at a new low but I know come showtime I'll be bouncing off the walls!
FareTheWell
Fresh Boarder

#69173 2 years, 9 months ago
What a lovely evening under the stars!

Nice play on the "rain" theme throughout the first set hence the LA showers in the day. I was in SEC B all evening and the mix took awhile to get settled through the Greek canyon. Once Cumberland rolled its way around the mix was much much better. Groovy Peggy-O and rock ‘in Jack Straw. NSB was solid and a crowd pleaser. I was waiting for a Looks Like Rain or a Here Comes Sunshine, again due to weather conditions that day/evening.

Stellar second set with a teary Eyes & He's Gone. I buckled up for Terrapin and was pleased through and through...Jeff's performance on the Caution play was haunting and intense, love it! Closing numbers felt rushed due to curfew but I'll take the extended He's Gone-> Terrapin Suite any day of the week.

One side note- the men’s restroom at The Greek has a cup holder over your head by the urinals for your cold beer/soda...brilliant...this is the kind of thinking America needs to get back on track, just kidding but so fucking cool!!!!

Cheers!

..ain't going to be treated this ole way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nastero
gdedroze
Junior Boarder

#69194 2 years, 9 months ago
Congrats on ur baby. Hope they play Quinn for ya.can't wait for the ac show
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds