• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
tdwenger
Fresh Boarder

Review & Photos - Red Rocks Night 2 (10/1/11)

#68674 2 years, 6 months ago
Here's a review and bunch of photos from Night 2 at Red Rocks. Remember, it is but one man's perspective.

www.listenupdenver.com/?p=5738

Enjoy!
bender
Junior Boarder

Re: Review & Photos - Red Rocks Night 2 (10/1/11)

#68856 2 years, 6 months ago
I'd say this review is spot on. After a lack-luster Fri night we were hoping for some energy on Sat. Except for spots here and there this show was pretty flat. The start of the 2nd set killed the vibe.

I'd have to say Sunday was by far the best show followed by Sat then Fri nights.
US Blues
Fresh Boarder

#68912 2 years, 6 months ago
Pathetic review. So few people get IT when IT is happening right in front of their ears.

"Cast not pearls before swine..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Mighty Swell
Fresh Boarder

#68949 2 years, 6 months ago
Unfortunately not enough people are getting It. Maybe they are scared or maybe they just aren't offered It. As I submerged myself in a self induced indulgence of IT. It seemed to me that like these guys were playing for me and my friends that got It that night. I actually thought how bored I would of been had I not plugged in harder during the first set. Even on Sunday I talked to a friend who said he wish he could of found It because that is who they played for second set. Hope Its not over before Its all said and done.

However Sunday was the rock show for all that love and crave those tunes!

Sweet First Post I know.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#69151 2 years, 6 months ago
Wow. I was at the show and I thought it was incredible. I saw Jerry with the GD and JGB around 250 times 1982-1995 so it's not like I don't have anything to compare it to. I'm glad my mind is wired differently than the reviewer, because I couldn't have been more impressed with the Oct. 1 Red Rocks show, especially Set 2.
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: craze, PMoondancer , GKB, strangerinboulder
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#69522 2 years, 6 months ago
Mighty Swell wrote:
Unfortunately not enough people are getting It. Maybe they are scared or maybe they just aren't offered It. As I submerged myself in a self induced indulgence of IT. It seemed to me that like these guys were playing for me and my friends that got It that night. I actually thought how bored I would of been had I not plugged in harder during the first set. Even on Sunday I talked to a friend who said he wish he could of found It because that is who they played for second set. Hope Its not over before Its all said and done.

However Sunday was the rock show for all that love and crave those tunes!

Sweet First Post I know.

That's okay. It leaves more for the rest of us. One man gathers, what another man spills. "GET IT"?
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , GKB, edheadwharfrat
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds