• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
maredwar
Junior Boarder

Re: Setlist 10/04 Las Vegas NV

#69191 2 years, 10 months ago
For those that do Bit Torrent, this show is on bt.etree.org.
The taper has a pretty harsh review:

"So everyone likes to check out a trainwreck from time to time and here I present you with the last ever GD related gig I will ever waste money on for your listening pleasure.
I should have stopped seeing their shows after my last Dead shows in '95. Everything else has just tarnished the memories for me.
The recording, however, came out nice so check it out if you want to hear Bobby flub the words one too many times or hear terrible segues between tunes.
All around a pretty disappointing experience for me. Phil still has the chops though and there are a few moments where he really shines.
Whoever chose Liberty for an encore should be shot...that tune sucks IMO and was the nail in the coffin for an all around bad show.
Enjoy "

bt.etree.org/details.php?id=548857

I'll hear it for myself soon enough.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#69201 2 years, 10 months ago
Wow... I know it's not their best show but that is pretty harsh
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#69226 2 years, 10 months ago
Wow,and he was a fan?Thanks but no thanks!I will get my sound elsewhere.
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#69261 2 years, 10 months ago
First this is WITS not gr8fuljen. I'll explain in another thread. Hate to say it but the taper above is absolutely correct. I believe it was one of the downfalls of the gd.... as my friend said to me in 90 or so (after 10 yrs allready on the road) these people would give a standing ovation if Jerry farted into the microphone. He's a taper and obvioulsy spent years listening to the gd..... I hate to ruin anyones memory or try to be "the arbitor of good music" but um that first set in Vegas was a 1 on a scale of 1-10. The
second set a 2.5 at best. To make a sports analogy as I did earlier every team, individual, group.... no matter their good intentions can outright stink at times. That show reeked beyond belief and I painfully listened to it now twice. Its a roll of the dice just like in the day. Try this (I'm serious) listen to RR night 3 and then put this on or vice versa.... you'll understand quickly. & for the record I don't expect em to be Babe Ruth every night... but since they ARE Babe Ruth..when they play like Mario Mendoza its painful.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#69637 2 years, 10 months ago
maredwar wrote:
For those that do Bit Torrent, this show is on bt.etree.org.
The taper has a pretty harsh review:

"So everyone likes to check out a trainwreck from time to time and here I present you with the last ever GD related gig I will ever waste money on for your listening pleasure.
I should have stopped seeing their shows after my last Dead shows in '95. Everything else has just tarnished the memories for me.
The recording, however, came out nice so check it out if you want to hear Bobby flub the words one too many times or hear terrible segues between tunes.
All around a pretty disappointing experience for me. Phil still has the chops though and there are a few moments where he really shines.
Whoever chose Liberty for an encore should be shot...that tune sucks IMO and was the nail in the coffin for an all around bad show.
Enjoy "

bt.etree.org/details.php?id=548857

I'll hear it for myself soon enough.

wow, definitely a very harsh review. i guess whether you love Furthur or hate 'em (or in some cases, both) opinions about shows have always been strong. people used to complain about horrible GD shows when Jerry was alive, so this is nothing new... the tradition continues. too bad the reviewer had such a horrible show.

personally, i had a blast at this show. yeah, some sloppy transitions and Bobby screwin' up words... but a lot of fun nonetheless. for me the 1st night of LA was the worst Furthur show that i've seen, but other people seem to have loved it.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#69982 2 years, 10 months ago
"Whoever chose Liberty for an encore should be shot"

dosn't sound like much of a fan --- even if you don't like the song, 'should be shot' for playing it? ...... you should at least have an appreciation for something the band likes to play and a song that I know thousands of real fans out there do appreciate....

I'm not by any means saying people should like the song 'Liberty' or any song no matter what - just that to say somebody should be shot for choosing it in a setlist (even if its 'joke') shows how much you really don't care about them, the music or the community - imo
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#117115 2 years, 7 months ago
upon another listen of this show it was not as bad as i made it out to be in my review in the previous tab, but it still stinks. bob is clearly wasted. jeff c. as well. he's teetering on the edge for a lot of the show. jk is probably the most on point. i tore apart the 1st set as being one of the worst on tour but i retract that and would say that about the 2nd set. it's pretty bad. between the transitions and weir it's a nightmare. stella bluee is the hidden gem in this one. jk shines, peaking with a killer pedal steel tone on his solo. a decent scarlet>fire to cap the set. everything beforehand is shaky at best
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#119670 2 years, 6 months ago
Due to being in the craziness that is Las Vegas I decided to overindulge one might say on party favors and planted my physical self a couple feet in front of Jeff C. the whole night as my soul flew into the cosmos. Needless to say and despite the other negative reviews I had a mind blowing night, maybe it's good to be so blown away sometimes one doesn't even realize Bobby is nearly on the same level as yourself. The second set was amazing to me mostly because of the Viola sandwich I couldn't get enough of. Liberty didn't do it for me and I wasn't into the Why Don't We Do It.

I ended up getting the soundboard and can't even make it through the first set it sounds so bad at times as Bobby is clearly in such bad form, but for the for what it's worth I had a great night but not to be compared to the first night at Monterey.

The only show I've seen where I just couldn't get into at all and felt as though I was trying to capture something that had long left the building was the Santa Barbara show, literally drove down to LA depressed and questioning what I was doing following these guys around, then they blew my mind at The Greek and I ended up pulling my first Vegas show the next day with nothing but a smile on my face and a stench that could take out a civilian from a mile away. Some nights just aren't good as others but oh man the ones that are.....
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Time to create page: 0.77 seconds