• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Set List Friday 9/30, Red Rocks

#66971 3 years ago
Josh wrote:
Furthur shows to me are all about song selection. I don't want to hear songs I heard the GD play a million times - no more Masterpieces, Candymen, Black Peters, Heavens Door, etc. I like Money for Gasoline, so that got me jazzed. Cold Rain? Not so much. I'm not a slavish kind of devotee. If you can't handle a difference of opinion without belittling it, you should take a long look in the mirror and do some growing up. Peace.

dude it sounds like your the one who can't handle a response to your opinion. this is a message board where people share their own and respond to other peoples thoughts, nobody was being rude to you or anything they just disagree.
dogdog
Junior Boarder

#67621 3 years ago
[quote="MushroomMan" post=66971]Josh wrote:
Furthur shows to me are all about song selection. I don't want to hear songs I heard the GD play a million times - no more Masterpieces, Candymen, Black Peters, Heavens Door, etc. I like Money for Gasoline, so that got me jazzed. Cold Rain? Not so much.

Funny...I've found more and more that it's not the song selection, but the jams that matter most. Money for Gas, for example, is a song that does little for me, but the jam before the last verse was memorable. Wharf Rat...saw Jerry do it a million times, but John soared during his main lead solo. Unbroken Chain. Great song. AMAZING keyboard and full on ensemble jam on Sunday. Slipknot again? So what...unless they explore the jam like they did last night...

When songs come across as just songs it's fun enough, but when songs become the structure for serious exploration...that's what keeps me coming back.
"Love still rings true."
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#71180 3 years ago
Wow! I've just had You Ain't Going Nowhere and Two Souls in Communion on repeat for over the last hour.

Thank you Chris!! Pigpen would be so proud of how much soul you put into Two Souls. Love it!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#71205 3 years ago
As I put in the "best of Thread" this is the most underated show of the tour.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#72459 3 years ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
As I put in the "best of Thread" this is the most underated show of the tour.

Absolutely! I thought I was going crazy when everyone was dismissing this show because I too thought it was the best of the 3.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds