• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Jasper
Senior Boarder

Re: Setlist 9/28 Salt Lake City Ut.

#66001 2 years, 11 months ago
I even thought a similar thing in Eugene, mind you they sold out two? Nights I think, but I could still work my way up front if I had wished. Now that might well be partly due to the laid back pleasant crowd, but I was conscious of the relative comparison. Its all relative though to the times I guess.
ecinut
Fresh Boarder

#66980 2 years, 11 months ago
SLC was a memorable show, the band was really into it, the fans were great (sloppy, beer cups and containers everywhere), the vibe was like a high school picnic, the authorities looked the other way and allowed some hemp burning from somewhere in the venue, nice to have the aroma to go with the show.

"We Love You" and "Watchtower" were strong, I had just been listening the the old Stones' London Years CD a couple weeks before the show and that period (Satanic Majesties' Request) was always a fav of mine. Dylan did a Derek & The Dominos-styled reworking of Watchtower when he was out here last year, the arrangement at the Further show was hypnotic and equally fresh.

That drummer is a powerhouse, good catch to land him for the band. Phil was inspired as always, Bob pulled out some surprises and commanded the stage for "Not Fade Away" at the end there, heck everybody was just in the groove, I was totally stoked. Did not know what to expect going in to this (nostalgia? phoning-it-in? auto-pilot?) but it was truly a praise-worthy performance. Awesome work, thanks for coming out to the Salt Lake!
Attachments:
ecinut
Fresh Boarder

#66988 2 years, 11 months ago
Yeah, it was odd how few people showed up, looked like under 3,000 tops. Gave the evening a really good feeling, though, very intimate and face-to-face.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds