• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Eugene Set List, Sunday 9/25

#64167 2 years, 11 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Red Rocks should be really interesting.

Those are going to be the shows of the tour! Sure do wish I could go. Ah well.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Chester
More or less in line

#64168 2 years, 11 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
I'm wondering what the next show will be like. I don't know why the idea of a bunch of heads in Utah just seems potentially comical to me! ; )

Weir everywhere! It'll be awesome!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#64171 2 years, 11 months ago
Chester wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
I'm wondering what the next show will be like. I don't know why the idea of a bunch of heads in Utah just seems potentially comical to me! ; )

Weir everywhere! It'll be awesome!

It'll be another good one, probably with a FOTD. Boy, this Mr. Fantasy sounds great, I love this song!!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#64190 2 years, 11 months ago
So after listening to the second set, a thought occured to me:

In my experience, the best Grateful Dead shows always felt like a journey. You started at one point and sometime later, ended up at quite a different point. And like any true journey, at the end your heart was changed in some essential way. After listening to this set I have that experience once again. Possibly for the first time since Jerry died.

I think the band felt something too. You can hear it in Phil's voice during the donor rap.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#64194 2 years, 11 months ago
Very well said. : )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#64210 2 years, 11 months ago
St.Stephenhead wrote:
Row jimmy or 1/2 Step Tonight ??

Saving both of those for RR (Hope). Either one has been played in the eight Colorado shows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: St.Stephenhead
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#64235 2 years, 11 months ago
I like Saturday's show the best.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#64241 2 years, 11 months ago
Man really wish I didn't have to head back East today. Such an amazing time is Eugene for the past five days. Last nights show was incredible! Possibly my favorite of the three. But I still need to digest all the music I've taken in the past three days.

The Truckin was a nice start to the show then they brought real hard with Good LOVIN! Was not expecting to hear that so soon into the show. Hell in a Bucket was real nice! Bobby and John were getting those guitars angry! Don't ease me in was real sweet and the No More do I is amazing! Who can tell me some more information about that song? One person said it was a Furthur original another told me it was a Phil and Hunter song. Any info would be appreciated! And it was a little strange they ended the set with Just A Little Light, Great version tho!

2nd set started with a beautiful Sailor>Saint and I tried to relisten to the show because during Sailor I believe Bobbt kept saying Pigpen Free....But I could have just had pigpen on the mind last night lol. Mr.Fantasy was nice. Great to see John shine! And one of the highlights for me was the St.Stephen. When I'm at a dead show I don't focus much on the stage I just focus on the music coming from the stage and let it fill my soul and just dance it out! I focused all my energy on the stage during this song. Watching them create the music and play the song. It was so amazing to see them all take control and have musical conversations with each other, a few lil tears came to my eyes. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life! Even tho I love to dance I must watch the music being made more often! Mountain Song got real intense. I needed to leave my seat during and take a breather! Things got serious there for a moment! So glad I got to hear Going Down The Road and into We Bid You Goodnight. More tears came to my eyes! It was almost as if Furthur was tucking my in after a long strange, crazy, fun, and exciting trip! I was really hoping for an amazing encore but I'll take what I can get....

So sad to see my trip come to an end. But I am leaving with memories and people I'll never forget! And I just need to remind myself I still get two more Furthur shows in November to look forward too! Love to all!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Chester, brokenarrow, wngfan
Paige MoonDancer
Senior Boarder

#64250 2 years, 11 months ago
no_more_do_i.gif
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, kfender, FurthurFlower67
kfender
Gold Boarder

#64263 2 years, 11 months ago
Loved the one at Gelston Castle last summer!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#64274 2 years, 11 months ago
looks like a love letter from phil to jill before the operation
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#64326 2 years, 11 months ago
Waitin til.. NOW to start my stream . The boys have the night off of course and i wouldnt have anything new to listen to today. Cant wait till later on in the set,, LOVE the song selection. Listened to 87 MSG GDTRFB today at lunch , made me wonder how in the world they didnt play it or terrapin,, then i get home and BAM of course they played it. Sunday night concert attendees- I hope you dont have a voice left cause from the sound of this the boys gave A LOT this weekend and ya'll should cherish that. for real Shakedown,estimated,UJB,BEW,Dark star,CAtfish john Big bad blues Are you kidding me ?!? i would kill for that, and those songs dont even include sundays AWESOME all star line up. I eNVY anybody that Saw any of the six sets they played : D feel loved

Odds against me been increasin', but ill pull thru : D

Thanks Sunshine!!!! ----- You definitely lit up my weekend with the streams : D
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds