• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Paige MoonDancer
Senior Boarder

Re: Eugene Set List, Sunday 9/25

#64250 2 years, 11 months ago
no_more_do_i.gif
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, kfender, FurthurFlower67
kfender
Gold Boarder

#64263 2 years, 11 months ago
Loved the one at Gelston Castle last summer!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#64274 2 years, 11 months ago
looks like a love letter from phil to jill before the operation
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#64326 2 years, 11 months ago
Waitin til.. NOW to start my stream . The boys have the night off of course and i wouldnt have anything new to listen to today. Cant wait till later on in the set,, LOVE the song selection. Listened to 87 MSG GDTRFB today at lunch , made me wonder how in the world they didnt play it or terrapin,, then i get home and BAM of course they played it. Sunday night concert attendees- I hope you dont have a voice left cause from the sound of this the boys gave A LOT this weekend and ya'll should cherish that. for real Shakedown,estimated,UJB,BEW,Dark star,CAtfish john Big bad blues Are you kidding me ?!? i would kill for that, and those songs dont even include sundays AWESOME all star line up. I eNVY anybody that Saw any of the six sets they played : D feel loved

Odds against me been increasin', but ill pull thru : D

Thanks Sunshine!!!! ----- You definitely lit up my weekend with the streams : D
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#64362 2 years, 11 months ago
I am surprised not to see much comment about their playing "so many roads" I really thought Phil was feeling that, you could see him leaning back with his eyes closed playing….. I think lots of memories for them in Eugene with lots of friends and family there, being relativity close to Northern Cal. I saw mountain girl there in the crowd as well as a number of older "family" members. I really think it was a special night and they are enjoying these longer stays in one place.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Jasper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#64503 2 years, 11 months ago
I thought the combo of Unbroken Chain and So Many Roads was incredibly powerful. So much emotional depth, it certainly brought a tear to my eye.

And yes, I agree, these "residencies" like Eugene and the Tower seem to work very well for them. They have that much more time to concentrate on the music.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#65285 2 years, 11 months ago
alright this review is being written a few days after the matter and this review is biased by the fact i was sizzling like an iron skillet on this night...overall, i liked this show the last of the 3 days, i thought it contained the most mistakes, sloppy, transitions, rough vocals...

truckin was an obvious call as soon as they started to jam in E, it was good, never quite peaked the way i would like (mainly with phil bombs--i don't think cuthbert is built for bombs) cool licks from JK and chimenti doing some nice work...the transition into good lovin sounded rough, a lot of eye contact and head movement on the stage phil looked pissed and finally they hit and everything was well again..bob sounded good but tired..operator, i love this song so much and i love that phil has resurrected it, but they never get it right, always sounds rough but i guess that is what is expected with a song that gets played once a tour (if you're lucky) and never rehearsed...hell in a bucket was a rager the crowd energy realy picked up at this point, phils bass was cranking, love those runs in the later 80's material, orchestra like..don't ease me in sounded off to me, the groove seemed to come in and out but JK was loving it..mason's children was a solid rendition they really did some great jamming phil taking it off the deep end just to bring it back right in time..vocal timing on that song is an ongoing issuie..no more do i was beautiful, probably my favorite tune of the set, instrumentally and vocally, just a little light was an awesome choice but didn't quite deliver, pretty rocky..end of set, i need to fucking walk around smoke a cigarette and refill my water...the place was buzzing all over moreso than the past 2 nights,

2nd set lost sailor>saint was GOOD i really enojyed bob was tripping everybody out, the energy at this point in the mdidle of the pit was ecstatic, really when saint hit..dear mr. fantasy was cool but johns solo seemed short and poignant. st stephen was awesome whole band doing a good job..mountain song to follow was a great choice but it sounded a litte rocky to me in the beginning...let it grow was one of my favorites of the night, bob delivering vocally and the jam just incredible..unbroken chain (was waiting all weekend) was a fun ride, love the middle section of that, mayhem...so many roads was just what i needed (mentally) brought me back to nice space, and goin down the road>bid you was a beautiful way to close the show, the place just bursting with love and joy..touch of grey was well played phils bass was the loudest it was all weekend and everybody was swingin, another one down..again my least favorite of the tour so far, weird setlist and some sloppiness but a great weekend nonetheless..rushed on this review to conserve battery, see ya'll
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, neverstop66
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#65449 2 years, 11 months ago
Thx Burt. Im really missing the shows at this point. Wish I could be there.....I MISS PHIL!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#69604 2 years, 10 months ago

I just have to share this video! This was one of my favorite parts of the Eugene run. It was so beautiful! Still gives me chills and a few tears to my eyes. Please enjoy! And thank you Stephen for capturing this amazing moment so I can relive over and over again!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds