• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
westyvw
Junior Boarder

Re: Eugene Set List, Saturday 9/24

#63622 3 years, 1 month ago
But, but, but... whats under the pen?
Chester
More or less in line

#63625 3 years, 1 month ago
westyvw wrote:

Maybe a Playin Reprise. They just ran out of time.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#63627 3 years, 1 month ago
That's how I felt when they came to my 'hood at Shoreline. Trancendant
bobgruen
Junior Boarder

#63629 3 years, 1 month ago
I agree with Chester. I can almost see the space for Playing(Reprise)
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#63633 3 years, 1 month ago
Wow what a freaking night!!! This band is on fire! Okay maybe they have been forgetting some lyrics here and there but they totally make up with the jamming they have been doing! Simply blows my mind!

Some highlights in the 1st set for me were Big Bad Blues. O I just love it! It totally gets you grooving. Loved the Catfish John. I love when Furthur switches things up! It throws me through a loop and I love it! And I could go on and on about how amazing the Casey Jones was. They jammed it so fast! Took a classic and put an awesome twist on it! Got our hearts pumping for more!

Start of second set with Jack Straw was just perfect into Bertha! Three great classics and they jammed them!!!! Amazing amazing amazing!!! Then just took off from the start of Estimated Prophet. Dark Star, Caution, Eyes! The Caution was a nice surprise I love Pigpen!!! The Eyes were so beautiful! Jeff's playing sure is something else! And it really shined through during Eyes. The whole night he was on fire! Then an amazing slow bluesy Black Peter. O I loved it! Nice ending with the China>Rider. Felt like the set went on forever! Which is always a good thing!

The venue was packed! Stayed in the lawn the whole time. But great view and sound! Chance of rain tomorrow here in Eugene. I also just got back from the Cast of Clowns show at Lucky's. It was real good! Real sweet jamming. Fun, upbeat, and grooving music! Seen JK there. I heard that last night Jeff and JK showed up. Was hoping for a Bobby appearance!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, GKB, neverstop66, bokb, SunshineSue
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#63636 3 years, 1 month ago
I don't know if that was the best EVER show they've played, but that was the best I've ever heard this band. (I've seen maybe, 15-20 shows.)

That's one which will get a lot of play around the house.

Thank YOU!!!!! Now to try and get some sleep!
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#63637 3 years, 1 month ago
damn it, I should of known if I laid back with my bowl to relax for a minute I would of passed out

looks like it was a solid show - what do you think they didn't have time to play that the sharpie blocks out?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#63638 3 years, 1 month ago
Chester wrote:
westyvw wrote:

Maybe a Playin Reprise. They just ran out of time.

that's it, I was thinking they'd close with the reprise after I saw they opened with it
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#63698 3 years, 1 month ago
alrighty folks, got to meet up with rockinbob and kick it before the show, grate dude... again everybody else who talked up a forum gathering blew it off...one of the mysteries of the world, why people go out of their way for months talking up a communal gathering only to blow it off...ouch...this platypus spent countless time now wasted creating lists, updating the lists, calling people, posting on the forum, leaving messages...whatever, we are having a blast the energy on the RV is great i also noticed the intensity of the group energy in the pit during part of the first set when we were together, but really in a broader sense, the entire crowds energy was higher last night than previous nights, not quite at the max level i think it needs to be at but that night will most likely be tonight..alright the music

playin opener george called it, confirmed in the tune up, it was not out of this world but it was pretty well played, i feel like they got in this rut with jk playing very 71 esque jerry licks every single time they played it, and it was all too often on even the smallest of their tours, but last nights was fresh, the only complaint was a little sour section in one of the beginning verses i believe it might have been phil because he was shyly laughing it off, and i'm pretty sure it was one of those rare times where bobby gets to look at phil like "hey what the fuck man"...phil hinted the crazy fingers and off they went it was really nice but again one sour section where john just completely forgets a couple lines, and the following line ends with "but i tryyyyyy", the crowd went into an uproar, much love and appreciation for what he is doing with these guys, it was a special moment, big bad blues was where the show picked up, it was extremely well played, i personally dig the hell out of that tune, jk solos in it were so relaxed, not forced, just great complementing chimenti's organ....jeff and sunshine sounded fantastic and as always i love the energy they bring, brown eyed women was awesome, one of the better versions i've seen these guys put out, the entire crowd was rockin...just like tom thumbs blues was STRONG i thought phils vocals were right on... "and my best friend my doctor, won't even tell me what it is I DROPPED"...."goin back to NEW YORK CITY, i do believe i've had enough"----phil hinting at the east coast shows but also i sensed some distaste for his fairfax situation with the terrapin project, as he sometimes nods to fairfax or san anselmo there..catfish john bust out was AWESOME, they played it at a faster tempo than garcia band did, kind of similar to the studio outtakes GD did of it they put on the re-released terrapin station CD thru the beyond description box set..well played though, bob singing vocals did not matter, he sounded good, he was in great form all night, a good thing to see...throwing stones was pretty good it did not stand out to me but i didn't forget it, casey jones to close the set was perfect, crowd was loving it and they brought the energy up step by step at the end and did it so well...

set break was kind of interesting, definitely noticed how much more packed it was than friday, nice big water spigots with multiple holes for everyone to quickly fill or sip without a backup, saw some dude getting dragged around in a vicious headlock, strange scene

back in the pit 2nd set rolls out with a really beautiful jack straw, was hoping phil would have some bigger bombs but maybe they will get dropped all over tonight, segue into a kickin bertha, the vocals sounded pretty damn good better than many other times with this tune, jk and jeff were trading some serious licks at the end, same in jack straw before...estimated prophet was SCARY, the good scary..bob was doing great the entire band was cohesive on this and bobby was howling louder and more frequently than most times, it was a treat...dark star was very unique some deep exploration and interesting grooves throughout, and i prefer when it is played straight thru as opposed to broken up within a set or show..caution was good, again bob was killer, phil wasn't quite as intense as he normally is with this one..seemed shorter than usual as well..they dropped into the milleninum jam and of course found their way into the eleven, but it was a trainwreck intro, they almost consistently botch this, and it seems like jk is always the culprit...WORK ON IT!!, but eyes of the world was highlight, phils vocals right on, nice swing tempo, another moment of synchronicity amongst the crowd...i also really liked black peter, and that is not a usual occurance, not sure why but furthur versions don't do it for me a lot, and it's played often, but last nights was good..china rider to close the set was a perfect choice, good transitional jam...saturday night was basically a given but it was rockin!!

another awesome show, i liked this night better than the first i thought the jams were more exploratory and i sensed more comfort, and a better balance of sound although phil is still a little bass heavy, low volume on his mids and highs..i'll say it again, the crowd energy was a few levels higher this night as well...tonight is going to be something special

i am getting the impression we may see a bust out each night of this tour, 2 for 2 so far, let's keep it up boys, you sound fantastic, and the tour is just getting warmed up..by the time we wrap around red rocks they are going to be on fire

we will be on lot today with the golden arrow, come find us, if not, your loss
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#63708 3 years, 1 month ago
Great review... ya you could tell from the pics that bob was on. Awesome venue. I wish I could make it to shows outside the SF bay area.. you guys are fortunate
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds