• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Eugene 9/23 setlist

#63036 2 years, 7 months ago
back to gdradio
banana_2011-09-24.gif
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#63037 2 years, 7 months ago
Or you could listen to the second set! : )

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17467788
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#63038 2 years, 7 months ago
my heads racked from the quality of that live stream so some early GD is going well right now

but thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#63051 2 years, 7 months ago
Wow. A set list bursting with heavy hitters and the band sounded like they were picking up right where they left off this summer. No rust at all. This tour could be the stuff of legend.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#63052 2 years, 7 months ago
where to start i don't know...killer day, slept in woke up on the arrow chilled out with the gang, jammed a little bit, went down to venue, guess what, FULL BLOWN VENDING...got shut down at some point but they did their thing, mainly before...but we all met up miraculously before the show got a nice group shot..we walked in everyone split up i was with the platypus and my buddy justin from home..saw everyone else milling around..okay, the real meat here...

lots of anticipation for the opener and i was hearing all s orts of calls...i went with bucket but to no avail, stranger..pretty swell version, nice jamming, they were still getting comfortable, sound was still being played with...shakedown street was a monster, phil was doing some really heavy bass licks in the intro, rather than his fills on the upper registers, mind bending jam, good transition to minglewood, bobby flubbed a few lyrics, hooked us up with the SF verse, all good...dire wolf was a nice treat, vocals sounded a little off at first but it picked up..debut of it takes a lot ot laugh it takes a train to cry, THANK YOU..awesome, weir was loving it, he even did some decent work with the slide, nice drop into cumberland, great groove on it, phil establishing it in the intro, pride of cucamonga, YES, contrary to you nay sayers, i freakin love pride, phil sang "since i came back TO oregon" a little play with the lyrics..cassidy right out to close the set was nice, stellar jam at the end, changing keys a few times (similar to the late 80's GD style) but really on point

music never stopped to open up, very awesome bob dragging a couple lyrics, the transition into golden road was slammin and they raged that one, entire place was dancing in synchronicity, everybody joined the party, strawberry fields forever was really good, phil has given JK the vocals to this one, and as much as of a phil fan as i am, thanks for that phil!, the other one i was feeling and they gave it a whirl not the greatest but real good with a segue into a BEAUTIFUL wharf rat, JK doing such great work, they find their way into the wheel (i had a feeling that was where we were headed) and it had some interesting, different jamming, into a stellar uncle johns, great end jam..into a big ass help slip franklins a really awesome slipknot..

ripple encore i called it felt it coming was the right time, it was actually good..i'm usually not thrilled for that encore but it reminded me i love that song

overall a great show for the tour opener, yes some kinks, missed cues, missed vocals....the band was HAPPY, they were having a shitload of fun, EVERYBODY...even mistakes were taken in full stride, even bobby, with smirks and laughs, instead of constant head shaking and glum looks...was a very joyous night...what i think lacked the most was crowd energy...could sense some negative folks pushing around down front, acting like jackasses..kicked it in philzone all night...i think this is going to be the start of one LONG LONG CRAZY CRAZY TOUR...well, volcanoes and beers await, the golden arrow is loving us as much as we are loving it, wish you were all here
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#63067 2 years, 7 months ago
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
JStraw
Junior Boarder

#63070 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks for the grate review wlewis! Way to be on top of things so us poor souls who can't make it can live vicariously through others. I will be at tonights show, though...can't wait!!
Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad.
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#63076 2 years, 7 months ago
Wlewis I also thank ya for the review. Im sure you werent too hard on the boys either . Would have loved to see a stranger opener , damn that must have been so fucking exciting! What a set list, they stuck to the Dead for the most part. 1 dylan 1 beatle But What a Selection. And for the guy who said predictable ??? i dont think he was being sarcastic . He just doesnt know. long live the Crazy tour.
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#63089 2 years, 7 months ago
was the platypus costume busted out? Inquiring minds want to know?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#63093 2 years, 7 months ago
captaintony wrote:
was the platypus costume busted out? Inquiring minds want to know?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds