• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: RCMH 3/27/11

#5895 3 years, 6 months ago
Looks like a very special show.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Jack Jones
Junior Boarder

Thanks for the RCMH 3/27/11 show!

#5898 3 years, 6 months ago
To the Band: Thank you very much!

Hope to enjoy it tomorrow at work
God Bless & Good Night,
Jack
... that one word is "why?"

Music alone may span that space between the finite and the infinite. Edgar Cayce Reading 3659-1
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
SoupVisuals
Fresh Boarder

#5904 3 years, 6 months ago
Wow! What a ridiculous show! furthur sounds amazing with guests, not that they don't always,... but damn that was some special Dead. The interlude during Ship of Fools led by Costello's vocals into Roses was perfect and the seque back into Ship by Campbell's fiddle was also perfect!
Greatnorthspecial
Junior Boarder

#5912 3 years, 6 months ago
What a treat tonights show was. To think I almost skipped tonight after the intense Owsley tribute last evening. Thank you Furthur for a special evening. Thank you EC, Larry Campbell, Diana Krall and TW for sitting in. I love EC and it was great to see him play with tonight. His energy is fantastic. Diana Krall and EC were great on Fever. Attics was incredible. The Roses sandwich with Ship of Fools was terrific. Jeff C highlights in Unbroken Chain. John laid back only to finish strong with the Morning Dew.

Thank you Joe Russo for giving a pair of drumsticks to the young boy siting next to me during the set break. He drummed his way through the entire second set and all three encores.
LDowling
Junior Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#5915 3 years, 6 months ago
Absolutely incredible show tonight... ~THANK YOU~ Can't begin to describe how special it was.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Bud
Junior Boarder

#5928 3 years, 6 months ago
They tore that building down. Great show. Loved that Elvis Costello was sitting in. My only question and i don't know it maybe it was the doses. But Ship of Fools seemed like a weird song choice. Like he was singing to us.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Bud.
2Bears
Fresh Boarder

#5930 3 years, 6 months ago
On the 1991 album Deadicated, Elvis Costello performed Ship of Fools. I don't think he was goofing on us.
Bud
Junior Boarder

#5935 3 years, 6 months ago
going back again the next morning and seeing it through different eyes. Your absolutely right. I was just tripping. That was hands down the best Ive been to yet. Triple encore. Attics? I was happy w my nosebleeds that,s for damn shore. Thank you Further for taking us exactly were we want to go. FURTHUR.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#5944 3 years, 6 months ago
3rd night to a beautiful 2nd run in NYC at the magical RCMH....i was a lot more comfortable walking into this show, knowing the scene, knowing the venue, knowing the security..good vibes all around--even the NYC crowd was a little more quiet than usual!!

things kick off with our sunday sermon, a fun samson, getting everybody in the mood, nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary, although bob did toss the tambourine this particular night, thankfully earlier than some others--i'm not a fan of this intro, let russo beat the skins..i saw larry campbells gear set up before the show so i knew we'd see him, and he walks out for some CHEST FEVER, hadnt seen this done since he played for the phil a thon in 07--11/11. nice intro and good version. next this dude walks out on stage. i am in the 3rd mezz so i cannot really make out faces but by the hat and attire i thought jackie greene had made an appearance. did not take long to figure out this was not the case..elvis costello? i honestly would have never guessed..i thought he did a good job with tennessee jed. someone mentioned FOTD might as well have been any cover band--you are right, with the exception weirs little riffs. i enjoyed the ship>roses>ship..i thought it was super interesting..i would have liked to have heard JK sing at least the ship of fools..side note: this is the first ship of fools in quite some time and the first time furthur has played it at the slower tempo the GD used..furthur has played it faster the few times they've done it..cassidy was pretty standard, good transitions in the jam though...ripple was a good set closer with diana coming out and a full stage crankin.

set break was fun i scored my hampton tix--thanks nick! got to see a lot of familiar faces

was not sure what was going to be in store for this second set. a nice throwin stones to get people shakin the bones..things started to slow down and as i saw TW walking out i told the guy next to me they were going to do sunrise..it was beautiful. i liked the vocals on this one better than the one from furthur fest, although i was significantly closer to watch TW at the fest..st stephen got the 3rd mezz shaking like a madhouse, completely reversed as whats become of the baby began..earlier in the night the guy next to me said he would like to hear something completely out there and different like 'whats become of the baby'...there ya go pal, not many people make that wish and have it come true..it was outrageously psychadelic,longer than the one from FF if i am correct. the vocal volume was a little loud making some of the lyrics completely inaudible where i was..despite some peoples lack of enthusiam for this piece i think it is something worth seeing/hearing..i wish they would turn the lights on so i could see what the boys are doing..i know it wouldnt be as psychadelic but it sure would be neat to see..i had a feeling this was just the filling for the stepehen>eleven sandwich and i was happily correct...a little roughness as they were kicking in but it was a minor timing issue ...uncle johns was very sweet with LC adding some beautiful fiddle parts..up next is what i'd been waiting for for some time--unbroken chain..had been almost 3 weeks since the last, and it was at best buy...certainly not the best version but it certainly had its moments..wheel was short but sweet, a nice jam on the back end leading to the dew. we knew we were getting it..it was awesome JK really got time to use his dexterity to his advantage and give us each and every single note..had a feeling it was coming and bam sugar mag..honestly what else after that 2nd half of the 2nd set...place was up and roaring, my smile was ear to ear...

the encore left so much speculation i did not even bother, and glad i didnt because not in a million years would i have guessed this..days between? was it ever used as an encore? by anyone? many people left during this, i was stoked. i love this song i think it is a hunter/garcia masterpiece..talk about RAW emotion, there it is. there was no way this was the end, and the guests came back out for a rippin fever..it would not have been my choice but you know what thats what these shows are all about. the curveball, keeping us on our toes..crazy shows like this remind you why you see these guys and why you keep going back.

was it the best show? no. was it the worst show? not at all. was it a great way to end 3 nights in NYC with the boys? ABSOLUTELY

hey Bud---was it freaking you out that you may be a sailor on the ship?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chester
More or less in line

#5951 3 years, 6 months ago
RCMH seems like the best shows of the tour so far. NYC got the love for sure.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds