• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
LDowling
Junior Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

Re: RCMH 3/26/11

#5545 3 years, 4 months ago
GREAT old school show tonight!!! Loving it!!!!!

My cousin put it pretty well, "first set-golden gate park, second set-acid tests"
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by LDowling.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#5546 3 years, 4 months ago
They teased the Golden Road>Viola Lee with a Viola tone on 03-15 but then dropped into a smoking Scarlet. LOVE.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Chester
More or less in line

#5557 3 years, 4 months ago
Spectacular setlist. Thank you Furthur. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
upthecanyon
Fresh Boarder

#5562 3 years, 4 months ago
looks like a doozy!
MindLeftBodyJam
Junior Boarder

#5565 3 years, 4 months ago
that's a MONSTER set list right there
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#5579 3 years, 4 months ago
what....a......night.............whew

tonight was wild, one for the books for sure..

golden road opener was rockin, i really love this band playing this song..i heard some folks complaining they thought it did not fit this band--i couldnt disagree anymore...the viola lee blues was the perfect song to succeed..the dissonant end of golden matches the intro of viola well..this viola reached some interesting heights, hitting a gigantic peak and eventually finding its way back...alligator was done very well...these three songs had me wondering what freakin year it was....all three had been played recently but the latter two were much nicer tonight...minglewood started out a little slow, a real shift in energy but eventually found a nice groove, i thought bob was hittin some nice notes with that slide tonight, them city girls were lovin it...SOTOTW was a highlight of this first set, with no questions. JK shredded the absolute crap out of it, hitting notes EVERYWHERE..alice d millionaire was a huge treat to everyone in attendance, and a massive nod to bear...the vibe was interesting in the room, so many clueless yet informed minds, a real trip i really liked JK's confidence with this song--sometimes he can shy away but he took this song head on and raged it, even with a great solo..the outro jam led us to a well done cream puff war--a personal favorite..lovelight to cap things off for the set..what year is it??

i could only imagine what it was like when the grateful dead hit NY in 1967...a recurring thought throughout the past 2 nights for me

second set kicks off with playin--i could have done without it but the jam was QUALITY--fourth of the tour?? born cross eyed contained an unexpected long intro (bob missed his vocal cue and had a tough time countin the odd time back in) but at least it eventually settled..the jam was great out of this phil was roaring, his volume during this set was unreal..i heard him dancing around the theme riff for dark star but also mts of the moon, couldnt figure out quite which way they were going to take it but dark star seemed like the safer route...very psychadelic..eclipse was so cool, had the 3rd mezz up in a second, blowing minds, jeff sounded AMAZING, so glad he finally got a solo oppotunity..and here we go more psychadelia and a trip to the mts of the moon..not quite as finely tuned as the last one in NY at t he best buy but a fun trip..after this we completely lift off and fly into SPACE..not just some extended jamming but a full on trip around the universe and back, landing on the backend of a dark star...thought they would hold off on the terrapin but we got it..a great example of the full suite..phil was throwing bombs all over this terrapin with a couple that threw me up in the air and i was up in the 3rd mezz--russo was absolutely out of control on the end, OCTOPUS...stella blue was evoking intense emotions from everyone in my area, such great work from john...help slip franks was fun sounded like the first notes were shaky but the slipknot was great, and the first franklins since the last ny run..

obvious saturday night encore, i was hoping for a dual..with u.s. blues

the sound was much better tonight--could have something to do with the seat switch..was in the back of the orch fri and 2nd row DEAD center in the 3rd mezz tongiht...phil was cranking all night long esp during the 2nd set

the 3rd mezz was MUCH cooler than i thought it was going to be...barely any security, tons of freedom, great sound with the pa speakers so high and great view!

cant wait for tomorrow!!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
hippiechick
Fresh Boarder

#5580 3 years, 4 months ago
What an amazing, special show that was!
Chester
More or less in line

#5589 3 years, 4 months ago
Thanks for the reviews. I wish I was there. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
JStraw
Junior Boarder

#5592 3 years, 4 months ago
Alice D. Millionaire, now that's definitely hopping on the Furthur bus!
Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad.
Jerri1031
Junior Boarder
"End up strikin' matches / To better see the dark"

#5605 3 years, 4 months ago
The Owsely tribute show was truly "beyond the pale." .....hit every single note on every level ....full of grace. Thank you.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds