• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
GrayFolded
Junior Boarder
PhilDropsBombs

02/13/11 US Bank-Broomfield

#537 3 years, 4 months ago
LeshPhilingBassGreat
PhilsFurthurDawg
Fresh Boarder

Re: 02/13/11 US Bank-Broomfield

#671 3 years, 4 months ago
Thanks for updating these. This was a great show, second set opening sequence was fire.
US Blues
Fresh Boarder

#804 3 years, 4 months ago
The whole Broomfield run was Transcendent.
WGJORDAN3
Junior Boarder

#3701 3 years, 4 months ago
ALL 3 NIGHTS IN BROOMFIELD RIPPED!!!
"TAKE MY ADVICE, YOU'D BE BETTER OFF DEAD."
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by WGJORDAN3.
CowboyNeal
Fresh Boarder

#4447 3 years, 4 months ago
Wasn't at the show, but just have to address this review of the show by another user elsewhere on this site:

"John Lekich (2/15/2011 8:04:51 AM)

What a great show!! 2nd set in particular. all the way through...i agree that the sugaree was musically amazing.. i just wish Bob would stop taking advantage of Jerrys death by stealing his songs...yea its cool once or twice bobby but do what furthur does and change it up again..change it back so JK can rock the houses down!!.."

Re the statement about Bob: what an ignorant, hateful, negative thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself.

As much as I admire John's talent, I'd much prefer a founding member of the GD sing his beloved friend's parts than someone who was a member of a GD tribute band and never even knew Jerry.

Show some respect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: guerdon
derek92
Junior Boarder

#47358 2 years, 11 months ago
that second set was just fire the first was fun too good times
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#47394 2 years, 11 months ago
this was my review from philzone after this particular show

"the last night of an ecstatic run of furthur shows. everyone was in the mood this night band and audience and we had plenty of room to get down. minglewood opener was not what i expected but was played really well and bob had good vocals, also gave us that san francisco verse at the end. sugaree to follow was very sweet sounding with absolutely mind numbing work from jk and jeff. these two have found their groove amongst these musicians on the stage and it is shining more than ever tonight. bob does a good job with the vocals on this one as well in my opinion. last september i was not thrilled with the version in redmond WA. i distinctly remember at this point saying to a friend phil or john must take the next tune because bob just did two...well i was wrong, and i didnt care that i was wrong because on the road again was a good version. PRIDE OF CUCAMONGA was fantastic john had the perfect southern twangy pedal steel sound goin on it and the jam in the middle seamed flawlessly. is john going to sing yet? nooope. CC rider was a treat i think vocally the song was done really well, i was DIGGIN the backup vocals..tennessee jed and bertha were both fun versions had people smilin and dancin, and a ROCKIN man smart woman smarter to close the set. jk was using midi and lots of other pedals and effects and seemed to have a better grasp of his equipment while playing with phil and bob (im sure its not easy). second set opens with colors of the rain, a shorter version than most others but very poignant. then we are just massacred with a remaining second set that just rocked. scarlet>fire>estimated>eyes was a meaty sandwich i had been calling the entire weekend and shocked/grateful it came in such force, although do not let this undermine the remainder of the set. that part of it was just a personal gift isuppose y ou could say, im really not sure. the wheel was one im surprised did not appear in the first two nights but segued into a great not fade away, had me thinking it was a little early for it but they kept going with a soulful wharf rat and rockin sugar mag. the encores would not have been my guess or my choices but were fun. i think this show showcased the talent of jeff chimenti. he is an absolute monster on the grand piano and B3 and he is given complete freedom to show us on this night.

this run was a very stellar three nights, with great consistency we do not always see. it is obvious they practiced in between NYE and these shows. i can only imagine what they will bring to the table here in the east in a couple weeks..see ya'll there"

phil made a very interesting/funny/heartfelt comment at the very end during the donor rap this night "Colorado brings a weird vibe - thanks for that. It's always great to get something you can't get anywhere else"--it was awesome

also, side note...this show was nearly identical to 1982-02-17 grateful dead at the warfield, the first date phil and jill went on (he brought her to the show)...it was recreated this particular night as a valentines day gift for jill, the 14th was the following day

Venue Warfield Theatre
Location San Francisco, CA
Date 2/17/82 - Wednesday
New Minglewood Blues [6:47] > Sugaree [9:41] ; On The Road Again [3:43] ; Bird Song [9:28] ; C C Rider [7:26] ; Tennessee Jed [7:40] ; It's All Over Now [8:40] ; Loser [6:45] ; Man Smart (Woman Smarter) [5:15]

Two Scarlet Begonias [12:31] > Fire On The Mountain [9:11] > Estimated Prophet [12:18] > Eyes Of The World [9:13] > Drums [10:46] > Space [7:08] > The Wheel [6:32] > Not Fade Away [8:35] > Wharf Rat [9:10] > Sugar Magnolia [8:57]
Encore (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction [6:35]

pride of cucamonga replaced bird song, bertha replaced it's all over now/loser, colors of the rain was added before the scarlet, drums/space were omitted, revolution was added as a 2nd encore, but placed before satisfaction
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
kfender
Gold Boarder

#47399 2 years, 11 months ago
how bad did the haters on the zone slam you for this glowing revierw?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#47401 2 years, 11 months ago
kfender wrote:

it was so bad, it killed the thread, never a post since
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#47408 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
kfender wrote:

it was so bad, it killed the thread, never a post since

So you mean to tell me you can't even give a postiive Furthur review over there?? I mean, Phil is in the band, do they not realize that? That's just crazy! I'm completely floored by this...
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds