• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
L/H Monkey Wrench
Junior Boarder

Re: Eugene!

#53633 3 years ago
Since there is a big group of Happy Heads all converging on Eugene in a few short weeks, I would like to suggest a pre Friday show forum meetup. I would be cool to put some names with faces. I do have a place in mind…thoughts?
As Bill Grahm said: Not the best at what they do, just the only ones that do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#53638 3 years ago
L/H Monkey Wrench wrote:
Since there is a big group of Happy Heads all converging on Eugene in a few short weeks, I would like to suggest a pre Friday show forum meetup. I would be cool to put some names with faces. I do have a place in mind…thoughts?

I think that sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm totally down. I've never been to Eugene....Heck I've never been out west.

Just send me in the right direction!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#53826 3 years ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
L/H Monkey Wrench wrote:

I think that sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm totally down. I've never been to Eugene....Heck I've never been out west.

Just send me in the right direction!

Sounds good to me also, I have been out west but this is my first eugene trip, Lets set this up!
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
L/H Monkey Wrench
Junior Boarder

#53951 3 years ago
OK. As I said in my original post, I was lucky enough to have seen my first GD show here (a long time ago). I think that most of the Cheap Hotels are on the other side of the river; this is where I am staying. The foot bridge that crosses the river south east of the venue is one of my favorite places on the campus. I spent many a summer evening water watching and socializing here… maps.google.com/maps?q=cuthbert+amphithe...000&t=h&z=16
Doors open at 5:30. So, how about meeting up on the bridge at 3:30 then heading over to the venue by 4:00?
I am hard to miss…I’m 6’2, glasses, I’ll be wearing my 22 year old pink and blue long sleeved Tie Die, a black boonie hat, and I’ll be standing right in the middle of the foot bridge. Off forum people call me Woody, cus, well…that’s my name.

Let me know what you all think.
I am so giddy right now, it’s just stupid.
Be well, my sisters and brothers. Travel safely. Hope to meet you all soon.

And thank you Phil and Bob and company for continuing making this all possible after almost 50 years. We are indeed all bound to cover just a little more ground.
As Bill Grahm said: Not the best at what they do, just the only ones that do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#53983 3 years ago
^^^ I am down!!

I'll be getting to Eugene on Wednesday night. If anyone want to kick it before Friday send me a PM or an email at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and we can exchange numbers if u want!

I'm too excited!!! 3 weeks from today I'll be there!! Can't wait to see everyone's smiling faces!!!
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#54099 3 years ago
Yes indeed totally psyched to be there, only making the second two shows…bittersweet as I am moving my only son into his college dorms that Thur/Fri in Seattle then the old man heads down to see Furthur……wa hoooooo as he laughs!!

I amazingly have a line on a back stage/side stage pass that a patient of mine has lined me up for. Do not know yet if it is for just one show or both, does not matter all or none. I have my tickets anyway, just cranked to be there for two in a row, hanging solo and just "being". Would love to cross paths with others, the bridge bit to meet is great, but its all good!!

J
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Jasper.
L/H Monkey Wrench
Junior Boarder

#54134 3 years ago
I'll be there on Saturday, man. We'll meet up.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#54245 3 years ago
it's finally September, yahoo! i should arrive around dinner time on 09/22. it's been about 15 years since i've been to Eugene, and i'm so looking forward to it!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeee.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#54249 3 years ago
FurthurFlower67 will be in town early, i arrive on Thursday evening, and i'm sure there will be others in town before Friday since Eugene is the start of the tour... who's up for pints and grub on Thursday?

unless there is a strong preference for a different location, i'm likely going to plant my booty at the Rogue Ales Public House (located at 844 Olive Street) at around 6 pm and would welcome company. the more the merrier. Rogue makes some very yummy stuff.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#54280 3 years ago
That sounds like a plan tsquare! And thanks for the address sure is helpful!
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds