• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

Re: Best of Summer Tour?

#47897 2 years, 8 months ago
Dido Bethel was hot spac even better hey they are all good you got to be a pretty miserable human being not to enjoy any of these shows ....
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#47933 2 years, 8 months ago
I did everything fro AGF to CMAC

If All Good was later in the tour, it may have been the hottest for me. the scene was great, setlist very very good. Each show had superior groove in its own right and can stand on their own. Excellent tour. Thank you Guys and Gal for a real good time.

Order for me

SPAC>PNC>AGF>CMAC>MANSFIELD>BETHEL>MANN>JONES>GOTV>
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#48021 2 years, 8 months ago
ruby_claire wrote:
I'm just sticking my nose in to say I decided to give the CMAC show a listen cuz I was always so intrigued by the setlist. WHOA ~ the Smokestack Lightening > I Want You is out of this world, actually I can't even think of words to describe it. Must listen!

Gonna keep listening, just had to rave for one sec

i was just scrolling up on the thread and i happen to be listening to that show, the smokestack lightning right now, flawless transition into i want you, it really is killer, a great truckin before it as well, the set just delves into deeper psychadelia, really a nice 2nd set!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#48046 2 years, 8 months ago
My personal favorites from the tour not only for setlist but that special quality to the venue would have to be the

North Carolina show because of the huge tree sculpture on the side of the building that rippled with the wind and blew all the tripsters minds all night. I can't tell you how many people caught me staring up into the side of building during Bertha and got a chuckle. (Even phil gave a shout out the thing!) The show started out kinda weird but by the end of the second set everyone's mind was blown because the setlists turned out spectaculart. The city was rocking dont know how you couldnt hear us through the whole damn city we were right in the middle of it. Best memory from show looking around and seeing led hulahoopers and dancers up in all the parking garages surrounding the venue rocking out. People sneeaking over the 4 foot fence to get into the show left and right, while passing over cases of beer nonetheless. Total fun in an unexpected place!

St. Augustine it was a show on the beach. Swimming and beach food, beach babes and rum runners!!! fun show awesome venue let a band setup in the parking lot for after show music and the lot scene was pretty damn chill from what i saw! floridians were super nice too. The weather was beautiful and the music PUMPING!!! JUST A LITTLE LIGHT breakout too!!! Love me some brent tunes

Bethel venue jsut for the moon that rose over the hill out back during the second set...huge, red and magical. Staying at Beaverwood farm after for the night was a hoot too!

Of course MAnsfield for the Mission in the Rain breakout, great great show preceding vibes.

Alpharetta, Loved the the Jerry first set trifecta closer and the second set kicked some booty for a tour closer!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#48047 2 years, 8 months ago
ooooops I forgot all about the kickass Jones beach show!!! bully mind-bending psychedelia of a dark star !!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#48048 2 years, 8 months ago
simpsonville was a bunch of fan faves and was the most lack luster of the tour that I saw...only missed philly,allgood, and canan. not recommended when other shows out there had the same/similar tunes with better breakouts or orderings..
gganter
Fresh Boarder

#48076 2 years, 8 months ago
I agree that the general quality of the tour was so high that it's hard to pick a show.
At Bethel, I love the Cassidy, ELeven>Franklins
Jones Beach: from Let It grow through Dark Star
SPAC: the jam into Caution
GreatWoods: Mission, Scarlet Fire Dear Prudence
etc. The Terrapin at Alpharetta is epic.
One thing is for sure: they don't seem to be playing bad versions of Eyes of the World, or Weather Report, or H>S>Franklins, or Althea, or Dew, or a bunch of other songs that they seem to have down to a science, like the Wheel. JK's weepers are consistently amazing (ever hear him do a "boring" So Many Roads?, not me). Bobby's chops are getting louder and weirder ever show. I've been on tour since 79 and at least one song at every show this summer has given me chills. What a trip.
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#48077 2 years, 8 months ago
thanks for all your sympathy peeps.. maybe one day you will be up for 24 hours when someone throws a bunch of liquid on you.. which I hope they don't cuz its HARD TO HANDLE....
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#48103 2 years, 8 months ago
milesgone wrote:
thanks for all your sympathy peeps.. maybe one day you will be up for 24 hours when someone throws a bunch of liquid on you.. which I hope they don't cuz its HARD TO HANDLE....

safe to say probably 50% of us have been unknowingly dosed at some point....how do you know you were dosed? you sure it wasn't the music?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#48212 2 years, 8 months ago
Philly was amazing for me! If you see my username you might know why. The Playin reprise was also a nice treat and of course the double encore.

I didn't see this on here yet but did anyone notice the extra bobby love at the beginning of the 2nd set at Homdel? Call me crazy but maybe it was that moment that made bobby realize that the love is true and he needs to put together a real barn burning solo act. Just my opinion.

Jones Beach was a solid show, I loved the Jack-a-Roe bust out too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: killwhyT
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#48263 2 years, 8 months ago
Greatest Story, I'm sure most of the people at Holmdel noticed that at the beginning of the 2nd set. It was a very amazing moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreatestStoryEverTold
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#48307 2 years, 8 months ago
@ Dire Wolf edit- I mean @Miles Gone (i wasn't wearing my glasses last night, sorry for the mess up )

~ sorry to hear that your last Furthur show was marred by another person's BS.. that so sucks

the hardest thing in the world for me is to try and shrug that kinda stuff off, but
I feel like one's gotta or else that negative karma wins.

Maybe someday the whole experience will be a great story that you can tell 'round the campfire to the younger generation...

OK, I figured out some weird shit in my house where I can get my hands backlit by candles on the wall and now I am watching the shadows of them "dance" to the CMAC show, which I dig for it's weirdness and outta the blue -ness (and some moments of seriously fine musicianship)

...yeah, I'm that high...
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by ruby_claire.
Time to create page: 0.73 seconds