• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
gganter
Fresh Boarder

Re: Best of Summer Tour?

#48076 3 years, 2 months ago
I agree that the general quality of the tour was so high that it's hard to pick a show.
At Bethel, I love the Cassidy, ELeven>Franklins
Jones Beach: from Let It grow through Dark Star
SPAC: the jam into Caution
GreatWoods: Mission, Scarlet Fire Dear Prudence
etc. The Terrapin at Alpharetta is epic.
One thing is for sure: they don't seem to be playing bad versions of Eyes of the World, or Weather Report, or H>S>Franklins, or Althea, or Dew, or a bunch of other songs that they seem to have down to a science, like the Wheel. JK's weepers are consistently amazing (ever hear him do a "boring" So Many Roads?, not me). Bobby's chops are getting louder and weirder ever show. I've been on tour since 79 and at least one song at every show this summer has given me chills. What a trip.
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#48077 3 years, 2 months ago
thanks for all your sympathy peeps.. maybe one day you will be up for 24 hours when someone throws a bunch of liquid on you.. which I hope they don't cuz its HARD TO HANDLE....
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#48103 3 years, 2 months ago
milesgone wrote:
thanks for all your sympathy peeps.. maybe one day you will be up for 24 hours when someone throws a bunch of liquid on you.. which I hope they don't cuz its HARD TO HANDLE....

safe to say probably 50% of us have been unknowingly dosed at some point....how do you know you were dosed? you sure it wasn't the music?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#48212 3 years, 2 months ago
Philly was amazing for me! If you see my username you might know why. The Playin reprise was also a nice treat and of course the double encore.

I didn't see this on here yet but did anyone notice the extra bobby love at the beginning of the 2nd set at Homdel? Call me crazy but maybe it was that moment that made bobby realize that the love is true and he needs to put together a real barn burning solo act. Just my opinion.

Jones Beach was a solid show, I loved the Jack-a-Roe bust out too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: killwhyT
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#48263 3 years, 2 months ago
Greatest Story, I'm sure most of the people at Holmdel noticed that at the beginning of the 2nd set. It was a very amazing moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreatestStoryEverTold
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#48307 3 years, 2 months ago
@ Dire Wolf edit- I mean @Miles Gone (i wasn't wearing my glasses last night, sorry for the mess up )

~ sorry to hear that your last Furthur show was marred by another person's BS.. that so sucks

the hardest thing in the world for me is to try and shrug that kinda stuff off, but
I feel like one's gotta or else that negative karma wins.

Maybe someday the whole experience will be a great story that you can tell 'round the campfire to the younger generation...

OK, I figured out some weird shit in my house where I can get my hands backlit by candles on the wall and now I am watching the shadows of them "dance" to the CMAC show, which I dig for it's weirdness and outta the blue -ness (and some moments of seriously fine musicianship)

...yeah, I'm that high...
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by ruby_claire.
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#48345 3 years, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
milesgone wrote:

safe to say probably 50% of us have been unknowingly dosed at some point....how do you know you were dosed? you sure it wasn't the music?

I have been doing this for 22 years. I know what I am doing. what I am not doing, or have never done before is be stupid enough to do something that will last 24 hours.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#48362 3 years, 2 months ago
killwhyT wrote:
Greatest Story, I'm sure most of the people at Holmdel noticed that at the beginning of the 2nd set. It was a very amazing moment.

That was a powerful moment. I've never seen anything like that. That was love!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#48369 3 years, 2 months ago
milesgone wrote:
wlewis wrote:
milesgone wrote:

I have been doing this for 22 years. I know what I am doing. what I am not doing, or have never done before is be stupid enough to do something that will last 24 hours.

well at least your past experience helped you get through it..

for everyone else: when you get dosed, enjoy it, the more you let it worry/bother you, the worse it's gonna get
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#48436 3 years, 2 months ago
I trully think it was the music! Or there was something in the air that night! Its hard to tell. Ive had a similar experince at that show! I had to snap myself outta it! I was fine for the rest of the night but yea a few days after I felt real sluggish.

WHO KNOWS! But all I know is I wasn't going to let anything get me down! Sorry for your bad experince on the tour closer tho my friend!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds