• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Jack Jones
Junior Boarder

Re: Tower Theater 3/23/11

#4616 3 years, 4 months ago
It's not truckin' its trucking, my friend, that they opened up the 2nd set with. Psychic password except for the spelling
... that one word is "why?"

Music alone may span that space between the finite and the infinite. Edgar Cayce Reading 3659-1
Gratefulgravesmn
Junior Boarder

#4621 3 years, 4 months ago
listen to those people talking their heads off!!
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#4624 3 years, 4 months ago
it's only fractured...
just a little nervous from the fall......
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by the highway terror.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#4645 3 years, 4 months ago
this show was good...here comes sunshine was solid with some great guitar work from JK, the band was finding a tight groove, moving around during the jams...reuben and cerise was beautiful with a short jam than i was hoping for...greatest story started out a little rough but worked into a nice rendition...following up with a dupree's was a wise choice---this was awesome jeff and john just ripped it apart back and forth.....money for gasoline was a highlight tonight, at least in my opinion--it is finally becoming a song i do not have to inform everyone around me the title...its sounding like they've been playing it for thirty years...doin' that rag is a treat as always (except the off key audience singers) and a rockin sailor

second set kicks off with a nice jam--i could tell it was going to be truckin beforehand but they did some other one-esque jamming with it..a nice version..bombs not as loud as i would have liked but phil hits some heavy jazz improv on the backend of this and rockets us into a slammin caution, a real ass shaker...nobody girl sucked the energy out of the room but i really thought john did a beautiful job with it..more and more people remain standing each time its played so its getting through to some folks, myself included..i love how they've been pairing this up with china doll--such an eerie tune but i love it...uncle johns sounded spot on they even got the 'crow' verse down safely..let it grow started out sloppy and did not really reach its potential until the final jam...scarlet was unexpected and too short...quickly segued into midnight hour, an okay choice, better than the version from best buy.........jbg was fun great job by bob

i noticed weir was a lot louder in the mix tonight, phil as well, they sounded great...weir was doing some really brilliant rhythm playing throughout the night
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, PMoondancer , gd4me2day
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#4668 3 years, 4 months ago
It was a great show. First set rocked. Nobody Girl was awesome I was so happy to hear a ryan adams song.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#4721 3 years, 4 months ago
Oh, I can't wait to hear this!

Thank you Bobby and Phil
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#4745 3 years, 4 months ago
On to florida for us next....See you there!!!
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#4789 3 years, 4 months ago
Oh did anyone notice Bobby walking out like a zombie with his arms out stretched for the encore. Also heard somebody snarl into the mic at the end of doin that rag. Good to see that they are having fun on stage.
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#4811 3 years, 4 months ago
Did see Weir do that have seen him do it before.Does anyone remember Bobby using his Guitar like an oar during Row Jimmy at Stabler Last Year?
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#4827 3 years, 4 months ago
yea. I was there for that show and saw it. Also remember him screwing up that Duck joke at stabler
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds